Tabs question

Betts1964

Does anyone know of a browser, with or without an extension, that replaces and closes current opened tabs when opening a new set of tabs? If so, which one?

thx

• Replies 7
  • Views 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, bergy1964 said:

Anyone?????

If I understand what you want, would help. But now I'm thinking and thinking, but in no way do you understand what you need.

3 minutes ago, Kalju said:

If I understand what you want, would help. But now I'm thinking and thinking, but in no way do you understand what you need.

User has a Window open with tab 1, tab 2, tab 3 and tab 4.

- User goes to open tab 5, tab 6, tab 7 and tab 8 at the same time (think of a bookmark folder with the option "open all tabs").

- Tabs 5, 6, 7, 8 open, tabs 1, 2, 3, 4 close.

I do not know any browser that automatically closes all previous tables (windows) when it opens a new one.
There is only a chance to open one new window (table) in the same window that is currently open.

So you have to close yourself, that is, manually, but all browsers allow you to close all the windows at once, that is, you can to do it with only one click, is it really so hard?

I think the reason you want to close the first batch of tabs is to free memory so your browser does not slowdown?

I don't know any extension or browser that can do this but if you want to save memory and limit open tabs so that your browser does not slow down, I recommend OneTab extension.

What this does is it will make a list of all your open tabs on one of the tab opened.

When you want to read it just left click it to open the tab and automatically delete it from the lists.

If you just want to open the tab and does not wish to delete it from the lists then middle click it.
You can save lots of tabs per window and it will create another list of tabs that will be added to your previous lists.

Keep in mind that this is still buggy so try to use export function frequently so your lists does not disappear.

This might be an alternate solution... or not.  :idea:

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nIGHT said:

I think the reason you want to close the first batch of tabs is to free memory so your browser does not slowdown?

I don't know any extension or browser that can do this but if you want to save memory and limit open tabs so that your browser does not slow down, I recommend OneTab extension.

What this does is it will make a list of all your open tabs on one of the tab opened.

When you want to read it just left click it to open the tab and automatically delete it from the lists.

If you just want to open the tab and does not wish to delete it from the lists then middle click it.
You can save lots of tabs per window and it will create another list of tabs that will be added to your previous lists.

Keep in mind that this is still buggy so try to use export function frequently so your lists does not disappear.

This might be an alternate solution... or not.  :idea:

This can be a great thing for Firefox Android, which has big RAM usage issue I think.

Archived