Enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home

lolsee2

What's up everyone!, I managed to find a great guide to enable Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home.  By default, it's only available on Windows 10 Pro, but by using the built-in Windows packages installation, it can be done. So here are the steps.

1) open Notepad and copy the below code into it.

@echo off 
pushd "%~dp0" 

dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package~3*.mum >List.txt 
dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~3*.mum >>List.txt 

for /f %%i in ('findstr /i . List.txt 2^>nul') do dism /online /norestart /add-package:"%SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\%%i" 
pause

2) Save this File as .bat format (while saving, first select the File Type as 'All Files' and then save it as 'anything.bat' i.e. with the .bat extension)

3) Run the .bat file as Administrator.

4) This will start the installation process. The process will take a few minutes to install group policy features. At the end, simple press any key to close the command prompt window.

installing-group-policy-editor-in-window

5) Open up Run –> gpedit.msc. This should open group policy editor.

From there you will be able to tweak setting such as changing the Limit reservable bandwidth to increase internet speed.

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler. Click on QoS Packet Scheduler. In the right side , find Limit Reservable Bandwidth and double click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth.

image.png.0c95cb1e72b745fb8da09719692e7441.png

It will say not configured , select ‘Enable’ and set reservable bandwidth to 0, select apply and close group policy editor.

Credits to M4Master

Source: 

https://www.teamos-hkrg.com/index.php?threads/how-to-enable-gpedit-msc-for-windows-10-home.45129/

• Replies 2
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP you have to include a source link...

Any content copied from elsewhere should include a source link. guidelines

5 hours ago, Reefa said:

OP you have to include a source link...

My apologies, have updated my post. 

Archived