DKT27

• Replies 291
  • Views 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, jango said:

can we have 2fa login option ?

Interesting that. I had almost forgot that IPB had introduced that about some time ago. Yes it's possible to enable it. However, two big problems with it, it uses Google Authenticator, meaning, correct me if I'm wrong, from what I understand, members will need to either indirectly or directly link their personal Google accounts or numbers with it - will members like to do that. The other problem is, IPB is buggy as crap. I cannot imaging what would happen if somehow some bug prevents members from logging here, all the members are going to get angry about it.

On 17/01/2018 at 11:55 PM, DKT27 said:

Another thing is, we have an IPB license which is quite cheap to renew. Buying another forum board's license is an expensive thing

XenForo is cheaper than ipb as I switched from ipb just because of this thing.

On 17/01/2018 at 11:55 PM, DKT27 said:

We thought about it. But amount of work required to do it seems huge, we are not a normal forum. We have whole scheme of things setup with IPB, not from now, but from more than a decade. Changing it now is not possible right now.

That's a true thing alot much work and and many functionalities you will have not found in xenforo itself but it's the first time I had seen nsane downtime so if I see I would have tested to migrate at least 1-2 times from old backups but yeah time and money are also two factors :)

Glad to see the Site is Up and Running Again ... Big Thanks to All those who Worked hard and Put in the Extra Efforts to get this Site Back online ... I Appreciate you Guys ... Cheers Everybody ...:)

• 2 months later...

Archived