nsane.forums
DKT27

Welcome Back

DKT27

As we had mentioned on our Twitter and FB page, the server was not working and Lite / shought have fixed it.

As for why FP is not being updated, a lot of listings on FP are being updated behind the scenes and it's a lot of work. So for now, we are concentrating on updating them. New FP updates will be posted as soon as it's possible for the frontpage staff to do so.

DKT27
14 minutes ago, Guest watcher said:

is that devfuse plugin disabled ?

anyway nice move

By that, if you mean the guest message, that plugin has been replaced by our in-forum functionality for the same.

DKT27
3 minutes ago, jango said:

can we have 2fa login option ?

Interesting that. I had almost forgot that IPB had introduced that about some time ago. Yes it's possible to enable it. However, two big problems with it, it uses Google Authenticator, meaning, correct me if I'm wrong, from what I understand, members will need to either indirectly or directly link their personal Google accounts or numbers with it - will members like to do that. The other problem is, IPB is buggy as crap. I cannot imaging what would happen if somehow some bug prevents members from logging here, all the members are going to get angry about it.

On 17/01/2018 at 11:55 PM, DKT27 said:

Another thing is, we have an IPB license which is quite cheap to renew. Buying another forum board's license is an expensive thing

XenForo is cheaper than ipb as I switched from ipb just because of this thing.

On 17/01/2018 at 11:55 PM, DKT27 said:

We thought about it. But amount of work required to do it seems huge, we are not a normal forum. We have whole scheme of things setup with IPB, not from now, but from more than a decade. Changing it now is not possible right now.

That's a true thing alot much work and and many functionalities you will have not found in xenforo itself but it's the first time I had seen nsane downtime so if I see I would have tested to migrate at least 1-2 times from old backups but yeah time and money are also two factors :)

kn_andre

Glad to see the Site is Up and Running Again ... Big Thanks to All those who Worked hard and Put in the Extra Efforts to get this Site Back online ... I Appreciate you Guys ... Cheers Everybody ...:)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.