Hackers breach London Bridge Plastic Surgery Clinic

virge

• 24 October 2017
  •  

A high-profile plastic surgery clinic has said it is "horrified" after hackers allegedly stole data during a cyber-attack.

London Bridge Plastic Surgery (LBPS) said its IT experts and police found evidence of the breach.

A group claiming to be behind the breach said it had "terabytes" of data, the Daily Beast news site reported.

The Metropolitan Police is investigating the attack.

The alleged hackers, using the pseudonym The Dark Overlord, said they had obtained photos showing various body parts of clients, including genitals.

Some of these images have been sent to the Daily Beast.

The hackers also claimed that the data contained information on "royal families" and added that they planned to distribute the patient list and corresponding photos online.

"We are still working to establish exactly what data has been compromised," LBPS said in a statement.

"We are horrified that they have now targeted our patients."

One of the clinic's recent clients is model and TV presenter Katie Price

A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said it was notified of a suspected breach on 17 October.

She added that there had been no arrests and that enquiries by the Organised Crime Command were continuing.

LBPS is known to have high-profile clients, including model and TV presenter Katie Price, who recently used her Instagram account to thank the clinic for her facelift.

The Information Commissioner's Office said, "We are aware of this incident and are looking into the details.

"All organisations are required under data protection law to keep people's personal data safe and secure."

The Dark Overlord has claimed to be behind high-profile data breaches before, including one at US media firm Netflix earlier this year.

In April, 10 episodes of the new series of TV show Orange is the New Black were released online after Netflix refused to pay a ransom.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41735104

• Replies 9
  • Views 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was not ''hackers'' it was ''crackers'' that broke into.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to crack a plastic surgery clinic.

user@nsaneforums
48 minutes ago, LeeSmithG said:

I cannot understand why anyone would want to crack a plastic surgery clinic.

because they can 

12 hours ago, user@nsaneforums said:

because they can 

react_haha.png

52 minutes ago, knowledge said:

i think its so the russians can now hide there faces ? little joke

Or big truth?  When I read the topic that was the first thing that jumped into my mind:  The Russians Did It!  American Democrats and Liberals favorite phrase is 'It's the Russians.'  Guess it is catching on in my subconscious.

knowledge-Spammer
11 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

Or big truth?  When I read the topic that was the first thing that jumped into my mind:  The Russians Did It!  American Democrats and Liberals favorite phrase is 'It's the Russians.'  Guess it is catching on in my subconscious.

yes its right The Russians Did It all  i have seen now on this site so much topics about hackers and hacking  and all the times its the russians   its funny but sad as its all lies about russia  i start to think usa have a very big hard on for russia:o

9 minutes ago, knowledge said:

yes its right The Russians Did It all  i have seen now on this site so much topics about hackers and hacking  and all the times its the russians   its funny but sad as its all lies about russia  i start to think usa have a very big hard on for russia:o

Americans and Russians have done so many underhanded things over the years that they will never be able to trust one another, and even those of us that try to keep an open mind have trouble in trying to believe that we can trust anything Russia says.

knowledge-Spammer
6 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

Americans and Russians have done so many underhanded things over the years that they will never be able to trust one another, and even those of us that try to keep an open mind have trouble in trying to believe that we can trust anything Russia says.

then do not believe  what russia say trust usa

me i am open mind to all things but sometime it help to have some real proof ?

6 hours ago, user@nsaneforums said:

because they can 

They want some boob measurements?

1 hour ago, knowledge said:

Used to be Chinese, now Russian's then maybe Greeks then Turks next.

Archived