France to impose instant fines for street harassment of women

humble3d

France to impose instant fines for street harassment of women

#MeToo  :mellow:

Marlene Schiappa, France's minister for gender equality, underscored the symbolic value of a law that would outlaw street harassment of women

Paris (AFP) - A new law banning cat-calling and harassment of women on French streets will see men fined on the spot for lecherous and aggressive behaviour, France's women's minister said Monday.

The legislation is being piloted by 34-year-old Marlene Schiappa, a feminist and early supporter of French President Emmanuel Macron who wants to tackle sexist male attitudes in public spaces.

Cat Calling Women; Cat Calling Meaning; What Is Cat Calling ?

[HERE, KITTY, KITTY, KITTY] ?

"It's completely necessary because at the moment street harassment is not defined in the law," she told RTL radio on Monday in a major interview to outline the law, which is to be voted next year.

The escalating scandal over Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual assaults on a string of actresses has rekindled debate on sexual harassment and predation in France.

The MeToo hashtag encouraging women to share their experiences is among the top 10 trends on French Twitter, and a new one has emerged -- #balancetonporc ("Expose the Pig") -- to report sexual harassment in the workplace.

Asked about the difficulty of drawing a line between harassment and flirtation, Schiappa replied: "We know very well at what point we start feeling intimidated, unsafe or harassed in the street."

She cited examples such as when a man invades a woman's personal space -- "by talking to you 10, 20 centimetres from your face" -- or follows a woman for several blocks, or "asks for your number 17 times."

A cross-party taskforce composed of five MPs has been asked to work with police and magistrates to come up with a definition of harassment that can be enforced by officers on the streets.

"The level of the fine is part of our discussions," Schiappa said, adding that neighbourhood police would act on complaints brought to their attention by women.

"The symbolic value of laws that outlaw street harassment is very great," she said.

The legislation will also include provisions such as lengthening the amount of time women have to lodge sexual assault complaints dating from their childhood and toughening laws on sex with minors.

Raphaelle Remy-Leleu of the feminist organisation Osez le Feminisme (Dare to Be Feminist) told AFP: "I hope that social tolerance will decrease after people become more aware" of sexual harassment.

"But there's a lot of work to be done."

[ODD ASIDE] REACHED FOR COMMENT IN HIS CAVE OF WONDERS, HERMIT I.C. KIDS SAYS "THIS MOVEMENT IS A GOOD START TO THE GLOBAL POPULATION EXPLOSION PROBLEM..."

[ANOTHER ODD ASIDE] REACHED FOR COMMENT IN HIS BOMB PROOF BUNKER, Kim Jong-un SAID, "NUKE DEM ALL".

HLM.png

https://www.yahoo.com/news/france-plans-instant-fines-cat-calling-women-110204315.html

• Replies 4
  • Views 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still do not understand why Americans hate Trump he is right in all his acts against immigration and European countries should take stronger measures for imigration for have an idea even here in Brazil where everything can the republic of the communists with iphone is having problems with this kind of immigration and here things are very bad for all the people only talk about sex in sexual freedom as if there were no AIDS or other diseases and the crap of Neymar  - Neymerda (Neyshit)

The middle class was destroyed by the Workers Party PT and LULA
In the end there are no means to fight they fuck with everything there is no more how to steal from where to take what is left to the politicians now is to destroy the new classes c and d that are already in the bottom of the well
They really fuck up everything

3 hours ago, Holmes said:

Of course it makes sense the women of the whole world are suffering with all this sexual propaganda and these perverts around the world are moving beyond the limits
I have a mother and sister every time they go to the street I'm worried these gender division groups only talk about their rights they should unite against any kind of harassment and not talk about their lives no one cares about this and that does not happen on the streets only, but in workplaces, this is a crime anywhere in the world
How do you intend to fight for gender rights if anyone regardless of gender or option suffers harassment

I hate my country it's all with shit and I will not run away to any better place even if I die trying to fight for my rights and in the end I die without at least I fought here where there are more deaths than a country at war

If my girlfriend was walking in the street and someone harrassed her I would be pissed to (if my mom went out of the house for the first time in years to enjoy a concert and she got harrassed I would break someone's face).

Archived