Roboform V8.X

idoru

I saw a page on nsane about roboform under V8.x.

I've used roboform V7.x until it stopped a filling some web pages, unfortunately V8.x doesn't work the same way.

Anyone about a roundabout ?

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @idoru...

@0bin is right... Before upgrade,  take some notes:

1.  Right click on the taskbar icon > Options > Data > observe where the data is... keep that info in mind... 
  2.  Back up the folder with all your data to a place other than the current location - right click on the taskbar icon and exit... Then, copy it and paste it where you chose to do it...
  3.  Why backup?! Just in case you do not like version 8 and decide to go back to the previous... During the upgrade, all your data will be converted to a format that only version 8 recognizes... you can not undo it!!!
  4.  That's all!!!

Take time to read some useful info here...

Once you've upgraded to 8 say goodbye to your roboform-to-go account. It will go from a "perpetual free" one to a trial account with a 30 day lifespan".. The process is irreversible, especially if you the customary online sync

5 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

or you can just migrate your roboform logins to keepass 2.x

Keepass is so good. I migrated from Lastpass few years ago and haven't looked back since then.

It has everything i need. I can store my database anywhere i want, be it online or on local storage. And it can autofill/autotype login info on software other than browser, for example Steam client.

19 hours ago, idoru said:

I've used roboform V7.x until it stopped a filling some web pages, unfortunately V8.x doesn't work the same way.

Can you please point a link to those web pages which the V7 has been unable to fill — personally, I prefer the V7 and find RoboForm to be the best password manager for demanding Users (regardless of the version.)

I recently migrated to Keepass from Lastpass...& looking to complete the migration by trying out the Keepass plugins !! Since Lastpass started getting messier for fox since v3 and so I finally decided to ditch it completely !!

thank you for you input.

Yes, I know (I discovered) that migrating from a V7.X to a V8.x account resets me to basic user with a 30 days trial as I do know keepass and lastpass.

If I'm not mistaken lastpass is browser based (unless it has changed since my last use) Keepass was a little bit.. too much last time I check it but I like the way roboform is minimalistic and non (too much) intrusive. And for the filling of windows application or strnge login like stem, it does what it's supposed to be.

As I didn't find anywhere a valid method to stay a full user without time limit, I was wondering about using robodform V8.x basic (unlimited logins) and synchroize it with my roboform online account using goodsync, that way I'll be able to use roboform 8 on my tablet which doesn't restrict the user like the windows one.

21 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

Hi @idoru...

@0bin is right... Before upgrade,  take some notes:

1.  Right click on the taskbar icon > Options > Data > observe where the data is... keep that info in mind... 
  2.  Back up the folder with all your data to a place other than the current location - right click on the taskbar icon and exit... Then, copy it and paste it where you chose to do it...
  3.  Why backup?! Just in case you do not like version 8 and decide to go back to the previous... During the upgrade, all your data will be converted to a format that only version 8 recognizes... you can not undo it!!!
  4.  That's all!!!

Take time to read some useful info here...

thank you for your time. I've already backup my data as the format change between 7 & 8 is well stated upon the new version installation. I've already gone back in time once (v8 to V7), as siber experienced some servers issues at the time of my migration and I couldn' synchronize my data.

but as I said I had issues with V7 on some web pages where it  couldn't fill the fields so I waited and went back to V8

2 hours ago, idoru said:

but as I said I had issues with V7 on some web pages where it  couldn't fill the fields so I waited and went back to V8

V8 solved those issues?!... Hope so...

7 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:
9 hours ago, idoru said:

V8 solved those issues?!... Hope so...

Unless he points links to those web pages as requested, I wouldn't believe the OP's claims. ;)

There were a couple of sites that the V7 had a problem with filling & submitting — discovered a workaround for that, though.

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

There were a couple of sites that the V7 had a problem with filling & submitting — discovered a workaround for that, though.

Could you share it?! 

Anyone know how to stop the "Trial period has expired" pop-up on v.7.9.2x.x? I'm using Firefox 56 x64.

I never installed v.8 and v.7 has been working for a couple of years with the patch. I do not know what triggered the pop-up. I made sure Roboform was not running when I ran the patch and I do not use Roboform Everywhere since all logons are only on one computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried uninstalling with Revo and reinstalling but still get the pop-up.

For Roboform 7.9.28, make sure Roboform  is not running. Apply patch and then copy this and overwrite "roboform-x64.dll"  into the roboform installation folder. Roboform 7 toolbar not working with firefox 57.

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /file/valpqpzv9lasxur/r64.rar

For the non believers (ah ah ah) I just don't see the point in saying that the software I've used for.. what.. near 10 years now, stopped suddenly filling a few pages... anyway, I didn't record the pages name, I think they were some fancy web 2.0, 3.0 or 34.0 pages, the ones where the login area is revealed under the login link and disappears as son as.. and as I'm using that damned firefox browser urging you at every update to also update the (no doubt there will be issues either with the software or the browser (even if I didn't update firefox lately because I'm just bored with the way they handle things and bored with updating some extensions) extensions, i've come to think that some way or another I'd be forced to update roboform so I did.

The countdown is at 26 days for the effective trial, I think I'll keep this V8 and will synchronized my data with my roboform online using goodsync until someone comes with a muche better workaround.

thanks anyway for your input.

ps : for the proof pages, sorry but I've already go back twice to V7.x, I'll skip this...

My correction I meant add-on and wrote a toolbar, add-on from Roboform 7 not working in Firefox 57 because from version 57 firefox load only add-ons that use WebExtensions API. Roboform 7 don't have add-on that use WebExtensions API it has legacy add-on.

Archived