The impact of politics on everyday life

tao

• Replies 30
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, adi said:

[Note: not news, but an article worth reading and worth a few minutes it takes to readPlease don't move it elsewhere.  Thanks.]

If it's not news then why post it in the news section anyways? The chat bar is the suitable place for editorials and the like.

15 minutes ago, adi said:

It'd be clear for followers of the crux of the issue here (It's not for just chit-chat).  Violating a rule is one of the mechanisms to draw attention to a vital issue (if it causes no harm to anybody).  Thanks. 

Be that as it may, different sections have been created in this forum so that material can be posted accordingly. To keep things orderly. And forums are notorious for not leaning towards democracy.

You either abide by the rules or take a stroll elsewhere. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, adi said:

Everyone, I believe, knows about different sections and their rationals.

Except you it would seem. When it suits your purpose ;)

39 minutes ago, lurch234 said:

Be that as it may, different sections have been created in this forum so that material can be posted accordingly. To keep things orderly. And forums are notorious for not leaning towards democracy.

You either abide by the rules or take a stroll elsewhere. Thanks.

My main objection is this site poses as a software site  when you come too the front page  but in recent years certain members  have tired too turn it into a politics forums  and with the world almost at war with each other  it's always caused problems and arguments and even people were banned before because they were fighting in this section of the broad and too beat it all  it was between people were there country are allies it don't matter were you from  there is always a right side and a left side and  it's caused the admins to have too get much more strict . This site use too be one of the less strict sites on the internet and all politics do is make it harder on us all on here.

44 minutes ago, adi said:

Please re-read:  "... Violating a rule is one of the mechanisms to draw attention to a vital issue (if it causes no harm to anybody)."

Please re-read 

forums are notorious for not leaning towards democracy.

You either abide by the rules or take a stroll elsewhere

SIbwJFb.gif  Have a nice unruly stroll in nsane :lol:

31 minutes ago, steven36 said:

This site use too be one of the less strict sites on the internet and all politics do is make it harder on us all on here.

Amen to that brother!

I join this site  too learn about software  and learned a lot back then  shame is none of it is relevant anymore and now days no one even fixes it on here anymore  on this board  members have too go offsite too get it's fixes. I even learned lots from people were we don't see eye to eye with on here over the years. as long as you are willing too learn you always will. But I can learn about politics and listen too opinions  anywhere . The TV , Politics forums  and News blogs , YouTube and the list goes on and on . But  good technical knowledge is hard to come by and it's a shame i find myself going off site more and more too find it. witch have rules in there forums that don't allow politics   This forum needs  to live up too it's standards of being of a technical nature  if it wants too thrive.

DKT27Please kill this thread ASAPI'm sorry to have initiated this thread.  Politics is not the problem...   ;)

35 minutes ago, adi said:

DKT27Please kill this thread ASAPI'm sorry to have initiated this thread.  Politics is not the problem...   ;)

Moved to the Chat Bar.

I don't think that most journalists have sold their souls. A part of media always imposes self censorship to a certain degree depending on the demands of governments in centre/state. BJP never won the way it did last election, so it's natural for them to utilize all the tools they have at their hands and hope to keep their grip of nation as long as possible. Congress did the same at certain times during their rule. Thus it should be expected of media to use their instincts and moderate their content accordingly. It can't be expected of every journalist to take centre at hand knowing what those in power could do to them and their family. Already so many media person are harassed and threatened directly/indirectly along with their family with dire consequences for questioning/criticising/speaking against the government, yet some continue to do so putting their lives and the lives of their families at risk. The problem is that we don't have an alternative to the government. Rahul Gandhi getting promoted as congress president will/might make it worse and favour BJP. He is gonna be the dumbest guy to lead congress and the nation if he ever becomes PM. His only credentials for leading the party/nation is having a Gandhi in his name.

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived