Mozilla Firefox 56.0.1

jalaffa

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to vissha for the update.

Download

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see (and downloaded from the site yesterday) 56.0.1 but when I click the "Check for Updates" button, it still shows 56.0 only. I tried 56.0 when it came out but it had an issue of, not being able to close a site from the last session, that I couldn't fix so I copied back over 55.0.3 which was/is completely trouble free for me. Will wait until 56.0.1 online update is available and hope the issue is fixed...

InsaneAl

Thanks Obin,,

I actually downloaded 56.0.1 yesterday from same site as your link but I usually like to do the online update from the "check for updates" button in FF.. When I updated to 56.0 a week or two ago it didn't work 100% so I copied back over 55.0.3 files to solve the problem - I keep backups of all FF I use for about 3 or 4 months. Anyway, now 55.0.3 works very well but when I check for updates, it still only say 56.0 is available and NOT 56.0.1. I'd rather not "install" again if I can get away with it.. I can wait..

Thanks for that quick reply...

InsaneAl

1 minute ago, 0bin said:

1) The behavior not being able to close a site from the last session is because they changed the rules, you need to switch off keep it, I needed to disable it.

Great reply,,

How is the above done. I think it asked if you wanted to close it or something when the error first pops up, but I tried that and it kept happening. Maybe you know of the correct way. Can you help with that if possible, I'd be grateful if you could...???

Thanks

InsaneAl

8 minutes ago, 0bin said:

eWagiOA.png

Ok, I see that's in the Options under privacy. I'll copy back 56.0 in a minute or two and experiment with those settings. Can you recommend any particular setting? I have "Use custom settings for history" & "Remember my browsing and download history" ticked, is this what you refer to..?? Forgive my naivety as I have never tinkered with FF before, AND, I promise not to annoy you again once it's fixed - hahahaha - thanks for your time...

InsaneAl

Final word - so not to hog this page,,

Ok, copied back over 56.0 into "\Program Files x86\Mozilla Firefox\", left all \User\xxx\... files as they were from 55.0.3... Started 56.0 and got same error... Went into Tools/Options/Privacy and made those changes. Closed.. Cleaned with CCleaner & R-Wipe and Clean (standard procedure)... Tried to re-open 56.0 and nothing happened,, tried 3 more times then it started - working like a charm - NO error... Went to Help/About Firefox/Check for updates, and 56.0.1 was there for updating.. Updated immediately.. 56.0.1 is also working like a charm.. Now it's all backed up for future needs...

We live and learn, especially with the help from other great guys like yourself...

Thanks so much for that 0bin...

Now I see Steven36 tells us 57b7 is out - here we go again - hahahaha...

Cheers,,

InsaneAl

The portable edition of firefox 56.x it's a REAL S**T!!! It's a PEACE A SH*T AND A FAKE PORTABLE!

Every time you use this............. it's be write and delete all profile on %APPDATA% !! I have TEST this BIG TROUBLE on my pc:

- I have tryed to setup a portable setup on D:\FirefoxPortable\ folder

- I have executed and setup somethigs differer llike i have on "installed normal" firefox.... like i need to do.

After about 30 minutes i close this portable and re-run the installed version and................ IT'S LOST!! ALL MY OLD PROFILE IT'S BE DELETED! I LOST EVERYTHINGS.....

YEAH... great works team mozilla...... great works. STAY OUT from firefox portable......... and sorry for big letters but understand my little angry :)

*EDIT*

i can add some info........ i have use the portable edition picked from PortableAppZ blog.... yeah... great works but i don't thinks i obtain a better result if i pick the portable from portableapps.com as paf version...........

10 minutes ago, DjDiabolik said:

The portable edition of firefox 56.x it's a REAL S**T!!! It's a PEACE A SH*T AND A FAKE PORTABLE!

Which craft version are you used?

26 minutes ago, DjDiabolik said:

i can add some info........ i have use the portable edition picked from PortableAppZ blog.... yeah... great works but i don't thinks i obtain a better result if i pick the portable from portableapps.com as paf version...........

I had the  same  problem not long ago some apps from PortableAppZ are OK  but best too stay away from there Firefox  if you use portable Firefox   I ended up having to do a restore  to get my profile back because  i had not backed it up and i tested PortableApps version and it didn't delete  the installed versions profile and worked fine.

If it is portable (it means really portable), then it makes user profile in the same directory where is program installed and it doesn't affect any way any other user data, including the usually installed Firefox data because they are in different places.

Mozilla Firefox v56.0.1 Update will force and migrate, all 32-bit installed editions of Mozilla Firefox Web browser on 64-bit OSs, to 64-bit Mozilla Firefox Web browser...

That seams to be a great idea, considering the quicker respond, stability and comp. security, but some extensions will not work after that, e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 > 2017.

Unfortunately, the Adobe corp. still produce this great software product in 32-bit architecture only...  :(

To fix this (until, "holy" Adobe corp.,  miraculously and finally fix something on this very long issue - not having a 64-bit app. in today's world..),

download the 32-bit Mozilla Firefox v56.0.1 Web browser installation package, and install it on top off the previously installed, the 64-bit of the same.

Or, use the last available Mozilla Firefox ESR version, and force it to run in 32-bit Mode, instead the default one mode, the 64-bit version.

Either of this two ways, will give you the ability to still have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 > 2017 Extension in Mozilla Firefox Web browser.

... And, if someone ask me, what is the difference of some other 3rd party PDF software vs. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 > 2017 Extension in the Web browser,

please try it, the difference is huge - with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, you can on this way generate the PDF file with all preserved interactive web links,

additional append links, etc... So, it is certainly not a static PDF file as usual... ;)

Well, I'll hope that I help somebody with this post...

On 17/10/2017 at 4:04 AM, Kalju said:

Which craft version are you used?

i have specified that on *EDIT* :) otherwise the portableappz version......

Finally, a fix to my problems above - (each time I started FF 56.0 and/or 56.0.1 I got an error about not being able to close a previous session, blah blah),,

1. Just today I noticed that my current version of 56.0.1 was 64 bit when I've always run 32 bit. That in itself doesn't worry me as my system is 64 bit anyway BUT it did prompt me for a reason to look and see why it suddenly went from 32 to 64 bit in the last online update - most unusual, as it has never happened up 'til now..

2. I manually downloaded both the 32 and 64 bit installers and unpacked them to compare and confirm, and sure enough my current FF is 64 bit,, so I backed up the 64 bit installation/update and replaced it with the unpacked 32 bit files and it ran as well as usual BUT still had the "session" problem.

3. Played with settings once again and finally settled on - instead of in the Privacy & Security section "Never remember history" as suggested by 0bin, which DID work but changed browsing habits, I changed back to "Custom settings for history" and checked all the remember boxes and also "Clear history when Firefox closes". I then went into the General section and changed from "Show black page" that I had used all the time up until now, to "Show your home page" then for the Homepage name I used my standard "about:blank" and now the problem has gone - good riddance to it to.. Back to normal. Still a thanks to 0bin for helping along the way...

InsaneAl

PS... Geez, I'd really love to know why I'd always used 32 bit browser then suddenly it updated to 64 bit. Maybe FF big brother trying to push me in that direction - who knows...!!!

Ok, I'll remember that, but I think I have got things running well at the moment.. If it ever starts up again, I will definitely remember that CC setting. I never event thought about CC.. Actually, I'll give you the exact sequence which triggers the error...

1- Close Firefox normal way, or any way you like.. 2- Disconnect internet connection (via software).. 3- Run CCleaner.. 4- Run R-Wipe & Clean...

Now reconnect to network and restart Firefox, it will happen, BUT, if I stay connected and run CC and R-Wipe & Clean and restart FF, error doesn't happen... As I said before, it has only happened since 56.0 & 56.0.1 updates. Everything (all settings in FF and cleaners) has stayed the same over the past handful of years and I have never had a single problem with FF until now. Strange, but I always expect that sooner or later, every software app will have a problem or two... You get the best feeling when you manage to fix it...

Once again, many thanks for the tip...

InsaneAl

4 minutes ago, snf said:

Mozilla Firefox 57 Beta 11 en-US is out

All languages and versions were already at least 17 hours ago out, not only en-US

Archived