Change Forum e-mail / Activation Link

cristor

Hi,

I would like to change my e-mail address for this forum. But I never receive an activation code, when I change it to a *@gmx.net mail address.

Try a few times.

Is it a problem only for me?

Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, but I know how to change my email ...

I changed my email, but I received no activation mail by the forum, when it's a gmx mail address.

6 minutes ago, cristor said:

Thanks, but I know how to change my email ...

I changed my email, but I received no activation mail by the forum, when it's a gmx mail address.

If you are getting regular notification mails on new changed email address, then it is fine. If you have access to old email, then check if you are getting new notification emails there too. If not, then there is nothing to worry.

If you are not getting regular notifications on newly changed email or you are getting notification mails on both the emails, please contact @DKT27 or any superior Admins.

3 minutes ago, vissha said:

If you are getting regular notification mails on new changed email address, then it is fine. If you have access to old email, then check if you are getting new notification emails there too. If not, then there is nothing to worry.

If you are not getting regular notifications on newly changed email or you are getting notification mails on both the emails, please contact @DKT27 or any superior Admins.

The problem is that I can't change my email to an @gmx.net address. If I do so, I don't get the required activation mail by the forum. If I re-type my old (non-gmx) address, I receive the activation mail again in 2 seconds. Without my old mail address, I can't use the forum.

15 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Better post your e-mail notification issue at this forum

Wonder what is the percentage of solved issues from the amount reported Wl2LIwk.gif

18 minutes ago, Recruit said:
35 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Better post your e-mail notification issue at this forum — had already filed a somewhat similar report, last month and welcome here. :welcome:

Wonder what is the percentage of solved issues from the amount reported Wl2LIwk.gif

Very minuscule — also, the reason why I decided to re-create my own tweaks from scratch (and, glad I did.)

However, the e-mail notification issue is easy to remedy (remember you were the one who handled it, at our site.) ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Already dealt with this issue in PM.

Short answer is, .gmx emails are related / connected to Hotmail accounts which do not work here.

Thread closed.

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived