How to remove preinstalled malware in android

Karamjit

i have a lenovo k6 power phone running on nougat. some security apps show some programs as malware. the files it shows as malware seem to be system files or programs. please suggest what should i do???

any program to root....and disinfect and again de-root the device

and if i do it...will it adversely affect the functionality of my phone

Just be aware that some security apps can see patched apps as a malware!

What kind of malware is it showing .?

• Like 2

Realized many moons ago that the best way is to refrain from installing any ROM that ships with pre-installed apps. — and, opt instead (as an example) for custom ROMs (saves disk space, is faster, less battery-intensive, more actively developed with personal attention where the developer listens, for advanced Users — brings the advantages of exotic and obligatory root and Xposed . . . . . . with a wider availability of apps. & modules.)

Edited by dcs18
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, vissha said:

sir...some months ago (in jan-feb 2017) on nsaneforums there was a tiny program for android posted to detect (not to disinfect) malware or preinstalled malware. can you make me remember what was the name of that program.  actually i want to scan my system with that tiny tool

2 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Those idiots at Samsung started embed facebook inside ROM :o

Check out, too — WhatsApp calling home to Faecesbook. tx38TOr.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Karamjit Lal said:

sir...some months ago (in jan-feb 2017) on nsaneforums there was a tiny program for android posted to detect (not to disinfect) malware or preinstalled malware. can you make me remember what was the name of that program.  actually i want to scan my system with that tiny tool

I think its App Info Mini posted by @PriSim. Many threads during the period are posted by @SandStone aka @0bin have content emptied. @0bin help with this app and pls don't divert the topic as ur last few replies here.

let this app do its magic

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/debloater-remove-carrier-bloat-t2998294

root is not always required , and in android terms , system apps that have been pre installed by phone company is called bloatware (in other terms malware), so you can remove them easily , if any other basic function not depend on them (e.g FOTA provider.apk is an app, which is some time bloatware , but this app is also required for OTA updates), so before removing them be sure you are not removing a necessary system app, or an app that is required by the hardware.

Some times security apps shows false alarm too, but if you yourself notice any suspicious activity (e.g un necessary add pop ups or any 3rd party app is installed automatically without download then you can go for removing)

So debloating is a keen mater :) do it with care or face the consequences :(

This tool is tested personally on many phones / my personal recommendation regarding this kind of situation

Did you mean bloatware? If you using original rom ,i think malware just false positive.

If you want completely remove , just root your phone and unlock bootoloader (if its available for your device),then instal trusted custom rom from trusted devs, like resurrection remix, lineageOS, AEX, etc etc.

21 hours ago, PriSim said:

system apps that have been pre installed by phone company is called bloatware (in other terms malware)

@PriSim I partially accept this definition but isn't correct for all devices. Micromax have serious malware apps developed by them preinstalled on most of their devices. If their apps are malware free and pre-installed, only then its called bloatware.

Lenovo too are in par with Micromax.

Edited by vissha

• Administrator

Thread moved to Mobile Mania and title fixed.

On 10/7/2017 at 1:31 PM, vissha said:

Most Lenovo handsets are filled with Malware just like Micromax.

Add just every cheap or otherwise mobile from India and it's neighbor to that list. I wish people knew better about it. So many news already out on these companies, people really need to stop buying things just because it's cheap and buy from trusted companies out there - no guarantees but atleast you can trust it more.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:51 PM, 0bin said:

I prefer Telegram bots to ask them things. Whatsup is not really like, their security team are idiots.

So are their overall developers / designers. So many features in lacking, yet everyone is on it. Their developers / designers need to look at softwares on desktops that have been from years ago and current ones and look in to ways into how to add more features into it.