Features that are removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

netman

Features that are removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034825/features-that-are-removed-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-fall-creators-up

• Replies 3
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow !  Not much left.............

Seems we get a formatted OS back this month................:D  !

System Image Backup is being retired? It used to be rock solid during Windows 7 era but one broken piece of tool since Windows 8 - particularly in 10. I had numerous cases were it just couldn't read the image files it had created only an hour earlier. Hope that Timeline feature they've been talking about makes up for it.

I am still wondering why Resilient File System (ReFS) feature is being removed or whether or not it will be available for the Education SKU. As for the latter, it is true that Education is similar, if not identical, to Enterprise SKU in many areas but this is the only MS documentation I've seen so far that fails to explicitly spell out both Education and Enterprise as the only supported SKUs for a particular feature.

" System Image Backup is being retired? ".................After upgrading to 1709 RedStone 3 ;  just made a systemcopy of the entire OS incl.system-partition .

Made a backup also with Windows , just like before................:D

Archived