HDClub, Russia’s Leading HD-Only Torrent Site, Returns as EliteHD

ARMOUR

elitehd.png

Late last month, Russia's leading HD torrent site HDClub decided to shut down. The site had been online for more than a decade so the news came as a major disappointment to many of its members. This week those same members received some good news. The HDClub user and torrent database are now back online under a new name, EliteHD.

With around 170,000 users, HDClub was known for high-quality releases that often leaked to public sites like The Pirate Bay.

Describing itself as “The HighDefinition BitTorrent Community”, HDClub specialized in HD productions including Blu-ray and 3D content, covering movies, TV shows, music videos, and animation.

The site was the largest of its kind in Russia and had been around for a long time. It celebrated its tenth anniversary a few months ago and during this time it amassed over 170,000 members, which is quite significant for a private community.

However, last month the fun was over. As a total surprise to most of the members, HDTorrents’ operators decided to shut down the site. A Russian language announcement now present on its main page explains the reasons for the site’s demise.

“Recently, we received several dozens of complaints from rightsholders weekly, and our community is subjected to attacks and espionage. In parallel, there is a tightening of Internet legislation in Russia, Ukraine and EU countries,” the announcement explained.

“The new site received a full copy of the database and the code of the closed HDClub. The user base has been thoroughly cleaned, there will be no free registration,” it adds.

“Thoroughly cleaned” means that around 80,000 accounts were removed and the new maximum is currently set at 100,000 registered users. The torrent database is intact though. There are over 26,000 HD torrents in the database totaling more than 500 terabytes of data.

The site’s operators note that members can continue to seed old torrents as well. All they have to do is change the torrent’s announce URL in their client, and uploads should pick up again.

:showoff:Read More @ TorrentFreak

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great torrent tracker! I have been registered there for almost 8 years. He is the only tracker in the network, where you can find almost any content and amazing quality.  One drawback is. No free registration. Registration only for invites... In addition, he has a "child tracker" for 4k

Good too see them open back up..But  sad too see 80,000 people get deleted from there system  and what always made them stand out from others was it was always open sign up witch is no more ..Now it's like most other sites that has been private for along time they set a limit on how many can join and closed the doors  . BlueBird HD is more like the old HDCLUB because it remains open sign up and they have 1080p Blu-ray Disc and 4k UHD as well. 

Its like the private torrent  site i belong too back when i join it years ago it was open signup but for a lot of  years it's members only and it's of no value  too 99% of the world unless one of us gave you a invite. I don't even need too belong too no private site too find the stuff i watch maybe one day i will, but private sites get closed down just like public ones  and they rise from the ashes sometimes and reopen or one like it reopen like public ones do. But on public trackers  anyone can use them but i recommend only use them with a good paid vpn.

The reason  I know  about these Russian private trackers that many RC Blu-Ray releases from them leaked over on English trackers they sometimes  had  retail English audio  and sometimes p2p groups used direct line  if in Russian only  and they came out  before the English scene released them . In order for the English scene too pre them it don't matter were there from but they have to have subs for non English parts , English retail audio and non English overlays are not allowed. So a lot of them  only was released on P2P.

But in recent  years we seen very little R5 and RC Blu-Ray releases on English trackers because they have been replaced  with Itunes  WEB-DL and WEBRips from paid streaming before the English scene releases retail BLU-RAY.

On 1-10-2017 at 8:36 PM, kalach said:

Great torrent tracker! I have been registered there for almost 8 years. He is the only tracker in the network, where you can find almost any content and amazing quality.  One drawback is. No free registration. Registration only for invites... In addition, he has a "child tracker" for 4k

Can you invite me in for this tracker please?

8 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

Anyone got an invitation?

I don't even know  if they really have invites going yet,  only I know that if you was  HDClub member before you can login with you're old details if you didn't get the axe  it don't look like they would have invites going if they cut 80,000 members  too get down too 100,000  max registered users it just depends on how many comes back. Most likely they going see how many members come back 1st  then they may have invites or just do interviews . Any screen shots proving they have invites? lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Torrent Site Rutracker Disappears from Search Results in Russia and some other countries

Popular Torrent Site Rutracker.org : Many anti-piracy associations has come together in the previous 5 years to show their protest towards ban of torrent sites. Now, it went to another level as Russia has blocked the popular Rutracker.org torrent site from their search results as well. Russia is also planning to block any VPN (Virtual Private Network) services and is going to come into effect from November.

Roskomnadzor has ordered search engines to remove torrent site Rutracker.org that was banned by the Russian government last year. Rutracker.org, which has been banned by Russia a couple of years ago over allegations of copyright violation, will now be unavailable in the google search results as well in India. The Russian government has amended its anti-piracy law to block torrent sites and President Vladimir Putin has signed it.

Popular Torrent Site Rutacker.org Will No Longer Appear in Search Results

A protest started with all the biggies getting into the act by joining hands earlier this year. A conglomeration of 30 entertainment companies, including Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Walt Disney, Warner Bros, and Twentieth Century Fox have formed a worldwide coalition called Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) to fight piracy.

Google has removed the same website from its search result in India. It has been blocked as per the directions received from Department of Telecommunications, Government of India. Several attempts have been made by government authorities, agencies and organisations from different countries to shut down popular torrent sites over the years but the efforts have been met with only partial success.

Though only one site was shutdown, there are many other website which can provide you the same thing that rutracker.org provides like the Pirate Bay, RARBG, 1337X, LimeTorrents, TorrentDownloads, Sky Torrents, IsoHunt, YTS.AG, Torrentz2, KAT, TorrentProject, and EZTV.

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/761901/torrent_site_rutracker_disappears_from_search/

More here:

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/blocked-torrent-site-rutrackerorg-to-disappear-from-search-engines-59231

From what i read at the moscowtimes it not happen yet like they say at reddit.com

According to Izvestia, only the Mail.ru search engine has complied with the Oct. 1 law and does not display search results for Rutracker.org. Google, Bing, Russia’s Yandex and Kremlin-backed Sputnik were found to be in violation of the amended legislation.

Roskomnadzor spokesman Vadim Ampelonsky told Izvestia on Wednesday that the watchdog plans to send letters to non-compliant search engines, demanding that they delete the banned mirrors from search results.

Izvestia cites technology experts as saying that piracy websites attract 70 percent of new users from search engines.

But it looks like it will happen soon.  

1 hour ago, kalach said:

At the moment, the tracker https://elitehd.org/ does not work. It does not open in any browser. Have they been shut down by these devils again?

DNS  problems  is what there saying at VK  been down 3 days

Archived