Zippyshare

I Am Negan

Ive noticed the web popup attacks while using zippyshare.

Block this:

www.contentfunsigns.com
ip range:

35.0.0.0-36.0.0.0

50.0.0.0-53.0.0.0

• Replies 29
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True I also noticed that while trying to download from there but Anti DDoS Guardian  and Eset smart was blocking it!!

I was lucky also my antivirus blocked it every time. But I added it to my host file just in case my antivirus would miss it next time.

Well that sucks. I hope it just stays in that IP range and I should be OK

So far I’ve had good luck with upload.ee and solidfiles.com has gotten better. 

3 minutes ago, 0bin said:

that eventually i usually inspect the code and create a rule until next change

I think I know what you’re talking about, can you explain further? Go to the developer mode ,add a firewall rule??

4 hours ago, Kerry4444 said:

www.contentfunsigns.com
ip range:

35.0.0.0-36.0.0.0

50.0.0.0-53.0.0.0

I have a greater range blocked for this.  34.0.0.0-36.0.0.0  and 50.0.0.0-55.0.0.0

33 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

I have a greater range blocked for this.  34.0.0.0-36.0.0.0  and 50.0.0.0-55.0.0.0

I thought I had the range set a little too high. So you think it needs an extra range?

7 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Blocking pop-ups with a firewall instead of exploiting the ad. blocker. kBIeldo.gif  1VjjZ4q.gif

Using an adblocker to block packets coming into your system is like using a condom with a 100 holes punched in it.  Lots of luck with that.  Your education in security must have come from a Cracker Jack  Box cartoon.

9 hours ago, Kerry4444 said:

I thought I had the range set a little too high. So you think it needs an extra range?

If you block the initial ads, whether you use an adblocker or a firewall, it makes additional connections using tcp and if those are blocked it reverts to udp and those packets are being sent from IPs in the 54.x.x.x which are sent in different script formats, but primarily javascript.  There are a lot more sites than Zippyshare that use this ad service.  If your firewall allows notifications you can see the numerous packets being sent in those IP ranges with the target being various ports on the system.  The ports vary constantly, sometimes it will target random ports on a continuous basis for several seconds.  

18 minutes ago, straycat19 said:
8 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Blocking pop-ups with a firewall instead of exploiting the ad. blocker. kBIeldo.gif  1VjjZ4q.gif

Using an adblocker to block packets coming into your system is like using a condom with a 100 holes punched in it.  Lots of luck with that.  Your education in security must have come from a Cracker Jack  Box cartoon.

Packets . . . . . . nonsense — not all advertisements are driven by packets {most are driven by JavaScript (especially the pop-ups.)} :lol:

I myself promote firewalling quite ardently — however, your uneducated hypothesis is just stretching it's capabilities too far.

WRT your condom remark, thanks for implying that . . . . . . at least, I possess a dick — but, it's clearly evident that it's not possible for you to wear a condom (oops - I mean firewall)?

Why don't we settle this with a re-match of your firewall against my ad. blocker — c'mon, you get to name the (ad-infested) site of your choice? :naughty:

Just now, 0bin said:

I want see both parties review on infested site, with screenshot on here.

Moreover, the screenshots of both parties need to be as a full page scrolling image. B)

Another important point — we disclose all the ad. blocking rules on one side and the firewalled IPs used on the other, after the people's judgment (that would be helpful to others, as well.) F3h9xqz.gif

The IP range in question also contains IPs related to amazon.com and it's subdomains(some of which are used for content delivery). This is what I am able to gather in first instance.

Just a hunch but I guess the ones having the problem are chrome users? It might have to do with it bypassing using the webrtc tech, similar like the instart logic thingy.

I just checked in my firefox and it didn't connect to that domain here on zippyshare.

9 minutes ago, 0bin said:

means i cannot download books, that is bad

Some of the IPs are related to universities as well, like the very first one 35.0.0.0 is University of Michigan hosted.

So, it might be blocking the host in question and then some more(like really more).

16 hours ago, Kerry4444 said:

Ive noticed the web popup attacks while using zippyshare.

Block this:

www.contentfunsigns.com
ip range:

35.0.0.0-36.0.0.0

50.0.0.0-53.0.0.0

The key lies on my opening sentence about JavaScript. B)

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Packets . . . . . . nonsense — not all advertisements are driven by packets {most are driven by JavaScript (especially the pop-ups.)} :lol:

To prevent pop-ups, just use the following rule on your fav. ad. blocker — tested only on Firefox with a little love from Adguard (should work on any ad. blocker, though):-

||$script,third-party,domain=zippyshare.com

Adblockers should block it. Depends on your filterlist. I recommend Adguard Adblocker. I dont have any popups in zippyshare. 

• Administrator

Thread moved to Filesharing Chat.

No scripts or popups noticed here using adblocker. I'm actually quite worried that the good hosts list are getting cut in numbers. Normally, we expect members to use these sites with adblockers and our recommendations are based on such expectations. However, I think this particular host has been doing this from a long time I think.

14 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Thread moved to Filesharing Chat.

No scripts or popups noticed here using adblocker. I'm actually quite worried that the good hosts list are getting cut in numbers. Normally, we expect members to use these sites with adblockers and our recommendations are based on such expectations. However, I think this particular host has been doing this from a long time I think.

I never had no trouble with zippyshare  because i use adblocker and scripts  I'm having more problem with mirrorcreator.com witch makes you jump threw hoops and popups just too get links  if the popup don't load it want give you the link so i just blocked off the popup website with UM  and let it the popup load with a blocked page .:P  There are download mangers were you can use without going too the page and you want have ads at all  if a site gets too annoying . IDM is OK for a small download with zippyshare  using a adblocker  but for  big files with split archives JDownloader handles them much better, no ads you can put all the links in at once and the links don't expire in Jdownloader like the do in IDM  before you're done downloading a big file.

16 minutes ago, steven36 said:

and the links don't expire in Jdownloader

to be 100% safe (if you cant download when you insert the link) you can make a daily backup copy of "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Local\JDownloader 2.0"

Just now, Togijak said:

to be 100% safe (if you cant download when you insert the link) you can make a daily backup copy of "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Local\JDownloader 2.0"

I change my Jdownloader over too paf portable it runs off portable java  even it's installed in the Portableapps  platform on my portable hard drive also i have the latest Mipony as portable in there like that as well. 

https://portableapps.com/download

@steven36

from where you get the paf portable JDownloader? I made my one but it is not a paf and search function don't gives a answer that makes sens

1 minute ago, Togijak said:

@steven36

from where you get the paf portable JDownloader? I made my one but it is not a paf and search function don't gives a answer that makes sens

there is a few of them in the topic you started  with JDownloader.

Archived