Mozilla Firefox 56.0

jalaffa

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to vissha for the update.

Download

• Replies 29
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, snf said:

I'm very sorry for you steven36.

But V57 change completely.

I think is for that it erased your profile.

I have uptated ESR. No Problem.

( gorhill for uMatrix and Ublock Origin ; to give a procedure to not lose its settings in its extensions with Firefox 57 )

But don't use PortableAppZ For this it's a lot

Just Copy your profile in other folder when you uptade.
30 secondes.
For security backup .

v56 portable erased my profile i didn't have nothing installed in v56 portable yet i was testing I already knew 56 was leaking I been on the beta channel since 56 beta then it updated to 56 RC then to 57 beta and it never deleted my profile only thing happen when it switch too 57 it disabled the only legacy addon i was using canvas blocker and i installed the RC beta version of it and solved that problem.If  i back up my profile still i would have to restore it every time i run that portable I will test it when Portableapps  updates there's and see do it happen this time i will back it up 1st .

4 minutes ago, steven36 said:

v56 portable erased my profile i didn't have nothing installed in v56 portable yet i was testing I already knew 56 was leaking I been on the beta channel since 56 beta then it updated to 56 RC then to 57 beta and it never deleted my profile only thing happen when it switch too 57 it disabled the only legacy addon on i was using canvas blocker and i installed the RC beta version of it and solved that problem.

Well it changes nothing ; i'm always sorry for you.

I will put a warning in case.

But for the moment ; it only happened to you.

5 minutes ago, snf said:

Well it changes nothing ; i'm always sorry for you.

I will put a warning in case.

But for the moment ; it only happened to you.

you don't have put a warning  its not you're work no way it's Bernat 's work and he don't be up to date  on stuff  like Portableapps does and pushes out portables without even testing them.

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

you don't have put a warning  its not you're work work no way it's Bernat 's doing  he dont be update  on stuff  like Portableapps does and pushes out portables without even testing them.

You are probably right.

If you have google account and if you agree ;  you can put a message on his blog.

Just now, snf said:

You are probably right.

If you have google account and if you agree ;  you can put a message on his blog.

I don't  Ive not  signed into google since 2011  because  i don't want them tracking me  .

Just now, steven36 said:

I don't  Ive not  signed into google since 2011  because  i don't want them tracking me  .

I understand you very well.

Google account track all you do.

Look for the full release of v57 (Firefox Quantum as it is called) around November 14th.

I am using v57beta 4 x64 and find it is faster and very stable.

I got the information from the Mozilla site via Google.   The download was automatic as I am use the beta channel for their products

15 minutes ago, Farquard said:

I got the information from the Mozilla site via Google.   The download was automatic as I am use the beta channel for their products

This is probably only for the selected people, not for everyone.

Quantum.JPG

According to this page (via the cdn.mozilla.net) no there is nothing (for the moment only 3 folders related).

PS :

• For the record, I think we can trust the page Firefox_Channel_Developer.
  • I will assume it wasn't yet publish (because no the folder Firefox_v57.0_Beta4 doesn't exist).
  • Now it's Sunday, I had discover another folder (called devedition via the ftp.mozilla.org) and I will suppose it was probably published there at first (now the folder exist). Apparently from the previous page, no it wasn't yet updated (but I ignore why it's remain the same file (right now, it's again Firefox_v57.0_Beta3 to download)).

I am so sorry, I made a mistake (I am not so "big" that I can not admit it!) My copy is 3 beta.  I do a lot of beta and alpha testing in my retirement (?) for various companies, I got confused.  PLEASE forgive me, I was not trying to mislead anyone.

19 hours ago, Farquard said:

Look for the full release of v57 (Firefox Quantum as it is called) around November 14th.

I am using v57beta 4 x64 and find it is faster and very stable.

Is out en-US

Download Firefox 57beta 4 Beta for Windows 32-bit

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0b4/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 57.0b4.exe

Download Firefox 57beta 4 Beta for Windows 64-bit

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0b4/win64/en-US/Firefox Setup 57.0b4.exe

Download Firefox 57beta 4 Beta for Linux x86, x64

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0b4/linux-x86_64/en-US/firefox-57.0b4.tar.bz2

Download Firefox 57beta 4 Beta for Mac

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0b4/mac/en-US/Firefox 57.0b4.dmg

knowledge-Spammer
19 hours ago, Undertaker said:

What sort of delay?

not sure y it happen to me i was thinking maybe something like Process Lasso as when i install this newer version of firefox Process Lasso go mad  i am not sure y it have delay but it do have  i think or something i have make it slow ? like adguard or something  i do not no :dunno:

i did not use the newer version long as now i have older version  and is fine again

12 minutes ago, Kalju said:

This delay will come from the Kremlin's censorship.

Could be a problem but doesn't explain why he ain't having this problem on the previous version?

knowledge-Spammer
8 hours ago, Kalju said:

This delay will come from the Kremlin's censorship.

u are funny guy real

Archived