Microsoft says Office 2019 previews are coming mid-2018

Phantomboxe

office-2019.jpg

At Microsoft Ignite in Orlando, Microsoft today announced Office 2019. The next version of the office suite is scheduled for release sometime in the second half of 2018, with preview builds being made available in the middle of the year.

Despite Microsoft's love of the cloud, the company recognizes that not all customers are quite ready to go all-in. With this in mind, Office 2019 includes numerous new features that are not cloud-specific, and the suite is described as "a valuable upgrade for customers who feel that they need to keep some or all of their apps and servers on-premises."

At this stage, Microsoft doesn't have a great deal to reveal about Office 2019, so it's hard to say what new features will be used to lure users into upgrading. The company says that it will be sharing more details in the coming months, but for now we are told that the update will include "perpetual versions of the Office apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business)."

In a blog post about the announcement, Microsoft says:

Office 2019 will add new user and IT capabilities for customers who aren't yet ready for the cloud. For example, new and improved inking features -- like pressure sensitivity, tilt effects, and ink replay -- will allow you to work more naturally. New formulas and charts will make data analysis for Excel more powerful. Visual animation features -- like Morph and Zoom -- will add polish to PowerPoint presentations. Server enhancements will include updates to IT manageability, usability, voice, and security.

source

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very interested in seeing 2019, I do enjoy 2016 but then again, I am one of those who for unknown reasons, need (?) the newest version.    I guess it too many years serving as an Alpha/Beta tester.

Microsoft is aiming for Cloud formatting years ago. For businesses, research and training facilities, features are not as important as security. Many cases of leakage of sensitive documents have been occurring, causing damage to companies and enterprises, unsafe national security. So what has Microsoft and other stakeholders taken to address this situation in their new product? This is a question that many users are concerned about

7 hours ago, maut said:

Hope november_ra1n is back then :unsure:

come to think about it, if he doesn't post anything, which well sure he well, might want to check he twitter or on Baidu Tieba also leak keys... 

I do not think Microsoft will come up with real new features or even improving the exciting ones, the last three releases of Office saw minor improvement, changing features names to look like new, nothing really major, and a lot of cosmetics. As for the cloud I believe that was a bad idea, no company will take the risk of using this feature, but they can try as much as they can.

My expectation for Office 2019 will come with bigger size, maybe better interface and of course a higher price.

16 minutes ago, dabourzannan said:

I do not think Microsoft will come up with real new features or even improving the exciting ones, the last three releases of Office saw minor improvement, changing features names to look like new, nothing really major, and a lot of cosmetics. As for the cloud I believe that was a bad idea, no company will take the risk of using this feature, but they can try as much as they can.

My expectation for Office 2019 will come with bigger size, maybe better interface and of course a higher price.

Well remember for use forum members it's free of charge  :drunk:

edit: or for me at least, It november doesn't release the keys here I will  hunt them down on baidu or warez site :D 

On 9/26/2017 at 6:39 PM, compgen1534 said:

I'll be camping out to be first get hand on leaked MAK keys for it.. :D 

LOL. Doubtful. They are pushing towards that Store app thing of theirs. Not sure how the perpetual licensing mechanism is going to play out but I highly doubt they do things the way they used to.

5 hours ago, BimBamSmash said:

LOL. Doubtful. They are pushing towards that Store app thing of theirs. Not sure how the perpetual licensing mechanism is going to play out but I highly doubt they do things the way they used to.

if that's to be the case for sure we know this, for volume licensing customers they'll keep things the same, and one generous person will be leaking them keys from the gold mine "VLSC Portal" :D

Archived