How To Make a Factory Recovery Partition With Aomei Onekey Recovery + Professional Edition

hacker7

How to make a factory recovery partition?
Step 1: Download, install and launch AOMEI OneKey Recovery from the link in the end off the thread . And then choose "OneKey System Backup".

AYu0A.jpg

Step 2: There are two ways available for you to create a recovery partition to backup system:

• Way A: Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition - system backup image file will be saved on system disk. It requires that system disk has enough free disk space to store it.
  • Way B: Backup system to other location - system backup image file can be saved to any other location, such as an internal secondary disk, an external hard drive, or a removable USB flash drive, etc.

AY8CR.jpg

If you choose Way A, please follow the instruction below:

You need to select one of your existing partitions (here is D: drive) on system disk to divide some space (the size depends on how big your system partition is) for creating a factory recovery partition, which includes system backup image file and AOMEI OneKey Recovery bootable environment.

AYfre.jpg

Tips:

• The partitions in grey (e.g. F: partition) cannot be selectable, since their unused space is not enough to make a recovery partition. The selected partition (D: partition) will be highlighted.
  • If there is already enough unallocated space on the system disk, the program will automatically select it to make a factory recovery partition. In other words, this step will be skipped, and the program will directly enter to the next step.
In this window, the program will show you the changes before and after making a new factory recovery partition, which is labeled with "+". In order to prevent it from being damaged, it will not be assigned a drive letter, namely, it will be made as a hidden partition by default. To confirm the changes, please click "Start Backup" to continue.

AYTuU.jpg

If you choose Way B, please follow the instruction below to backup system:

You can edit "File Name". You need to select one of your existing partitions (here is D: drive) on system disk to divide some space for creating a partition to store AOMEI OneKey Recovery bootable environment. And then, please select a destination folder (here is removable USB drive) to save system backup image file.

AYdwn.jpg

Step 3: No matter which way you choose, please click "Start Backup" after completing all settings. The backup progress may take some minutes so you should wait patiently until it is over. After all operations are completed, a word balloon will pop up. At last, click "OK" -> "Finish".

AY05q.jpg

Tips:

• As the word balloon mentioned, you can click the setting icon on the toolbar to configure boot menu. It allows you to enable or disable the boot menu and hide or display the message by tick or un-tick the checkbox, and change the residence time on the boot menu.
AYGBQ.jpg

• If you not only want to backup your system but your entire hard disk, specified partition, or individual files and folders, you can use the complete backup software - AOMEI Backupper, which also supports backing up to external hard disk, USB flash drive, CD/DVD, shared Network or NAS. It is the best and safest way to protect your system and data from disaster.
How to recover system from boot failure?
When your computer fails to boot properly because of system crash or operating system not found error, you can use the factory image you backed up to return things to normal. But the way of system recovery may vary considerably according to the disk partition styles of your system.

• For most of computers whose system disk style is MBR, please press "F11" (default) or "A" on keyboard during the process of system startup. After that your computer will be booted into Windows PE recovery environment.

AYMiW.jpg

• For computers whose system disk style is GPT (EFI/UEFI boot), please choose "AOMEI OneKey Recovery" in the Windows boot menu. After a reboot, your computer will be booted into Windows PE recovery environment.

AYY3h.jpg

Step1: After Windows PE recovery environment starts, AOMEI OneKey Recovery will automatically pop up. Click "Yes" to confirm. And then select "OneKey System Recovery" to restore your system.

AYivr.jpg

Step2: There are two ways available for you to restore system. Which way to choose depends on which way you select to backup system.

AYc0j.jpg

If you selected Way A to backup system, please follow the instruction below to restore system:

The program will use the system backup image file in AOMEI OneKey Recovery partition to restore your system. Here are two choices for you to restore your system, please choose the one according to your situation.

• One choice: There is no other disk in your computer. In such case, you can only restore to the original location. Please click "Start Restore" if you confirm the changes.

AYLWo.jpg

• The other choice: If you have other disk(s) in your computer and you don’t want to restore your system to its original location, please tick the checkbox before "Restore to other location". And then click "Next" to continue. You need to select a location, which can be an unallocated space or a partition (Note: If you select a partiton, the data on it will be overwritten). And then click "Start Restore".

AYmrH.jpg

AYVuV.jpg

If you selected Way B to backup system, please follow the instruction below to restore system:

Click "Browse" to find the system backup image file. Click "Next" to continue.

AYwDK.jpg

Here are two choices for you to restore your system, please choose the one according to your situation.

• One choice: There is no other disk in your computer. In such case, you can only restore to the original location. Please click "Start Restore" if you confirm the changes.

AYwDK.jpg

• The other choice: If you have other disk(s) in your computer and you don’t want to restore your system to its original location, please tick the checkbox before "Restore to other location". And then click "Next" to continue. You need to select a location, which can be an unallocated space or a partition (Note: If you select a partiton, the data on it will be overwritten). And then click "Start Restore".

AYD5s.jpg

Step3: No matter which way you choose, the restore progress may take some minutes so you should wait patiently until it is over. After all operations are completed, click "Finish".

AYjBc.jpg

Website

http://www.aomeitech.com/ab/server.html

Download  direct link

AOMEI OneKey Recovery 1.6

Spoiler

Site: http://www.aomeisoftware.com
Sharecode[?]: /download/ok/OneKeyDemo.exe

AOMEI OneKey Recovery Professional Edition 1.6
Spoiler

Site: https://racaty.com
Sharecode[?]: /4xwcyvkw5f7y

AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus 4.0.6 Repack by elchupacabra [Ru/En]
Spoiler

Site: http://www.mirrorcreator.com
Sharecode[?]: /files/LDT74I9W/AOMEI_Backupper_Technician_Plus_4.0.6_Repack_elchupacabra.rar_links

• Replies 14
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for this detailed tutorials! I have been using this software for my system backup and restore tasks  and it satisfy me well. The software i use is Aomei onekey recovery you described in the content not the aomei backupper technician plus in the topic. I got to know it when i wanted to create a system image a year ago; i search on the internet and find this article 

http://www.backup-utility.com/okr/one-click-backup-1234.html

It seems easier than using built in function. Thus, i have a try since it is free of charge and find it easy to operate...

All in all, a good software to be recommended :)

8 hours ago, luntan said:

Thank you for this detailed tutorials! I have been using this software for my system backup and restore tasks  and it satisfy me well. The software i use is Aomei onekey recovery you described in the content not the aomei backupper technician plus in the topic. I got to know it when i wanted to create a system image a year ago; i search on the internet and find this article 

http://www.backup-utility.com/okr/one-click-backup-1234.html

It seems easier than using built in function. Thus, i have a try since it is free of charge and find it easy to operate...

All in all, a good software to be recommended :)

yes perhaps it was a bit misleading topic :D

its indeed one of the best back up software free of charge .

7 hours ago, crisecure said:

please update the link seems deleted by admin.

10 minutes ago, HNB said:

I confirm, link down

Link updated :fun:

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent guide ...

Unfortunately the below link does not work (File Not Found), PLEASE correct

Sharecode[?]: /4rsa7y9dvt6b

On 10/11/2017 at 11:31 PM, alambi said:

Excellent guide ...

Unfortunately the below link does not work (File Not Found), PLEASE correct

Sharecode[?]: /4rsa7y9dvt6b

multi link updated :smoke:

• 3 months later...

Above tutorial in PDF : https://www.upload.ee/files/7912683/AOMEI-HowTo.rar.html

Credits to @hacker7

===========================================================================================

To transform your copy to Customization Technician Edition, just replace your "onekey.ini" with this one :

it contains UI custom tool to customize UI & Logo and rebrand for OEM install

Site: https://www.upload.ee

Sharecode: /files/7912610/Onekey_Custom_Tech.rar.html

QlgbGyl.png

1Bu0xdj.png

6W7ffp1.png

After replacing onekey.ini:

URs55x8.png

Test on the program Icon:

ALj4ek8.png

Note: You can run AOMEI UI customization Tool directly from the program install folder (standalone executable UiTool.exe)

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, honeypi said:

Which one of these is better backup software, aomei one key or macrium reflect?

Macrium Reflect is a fully fearured backup/restore program :

File and folder backup
    Incremental cloning
    Backup file Consolidation
    Complete SSD trim support
    Synthetic full backup support
    Pre-defined backup plans templates
    Item level recovery
    SuperRapid Delta restore
    Restore images to dissimilar hardware using Macrium ReDeploy

AOMEI OneKey is only creating a hidden recovery partition just like those OEM recovery partitions created by HP, DELL,.....

9 hours ago, honeypi said:

Which one of these is better backup software, aomei one key or macrium reflect?

By all means, Macrium Reflect (= Reliability).  ;)

• 2 years later...
On 1/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, Jordan said:

Above tutorial in PDF : https://www.upload.ee/files/7912683/AOMEI-HowTo.rar.html

Credits to @hacker7

===========================================================================================

To transform your copy to Customization Technician Edition, just replace your "onekey.ini" with this one :

it contains UI custom tool to customize UI & Logo and rebrand for OEM install

Site: https://www.upload.ee

Sharecode: /files/7912610/Onekey_Custom_Tech.rar.html

QlgbGyl.png

1Bu0xdj.png

6W7ffp1.png

After replacing onekey.ini:

URs55x8.png

Test on the program Icon:

ALj4ek8.png

Note: You can run AOMEI UI customization Tool directly from the program install folder (standalone executable UiTool.exe)

Dear friends @Jordan and @hacker7

Could you guys update these links please?

Thanks in advanced

@JeepWillys58

Archived