Avira Antivirus 15.0.31.27

jalaffa

Avira provides comprehensive protection with important security and configuration functions and protects you against viruses, worms, Trojans, ad/spyware, dialers, bots and dangerous ''drive-by'' downloads. Avira's advantages include low system resource usage, user-friendly central configuration, scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of malware, guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts, MailGuard (POP3- and SMTP-Scanner) for the permanent checking of emails for viruses and malware, exclusive download server for faster updates, user-defined update intervals, Phishing and Rootkit Protection and an integrated failsafe security system.

Thanks to SalaR for the update.

Download

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although after i added the address to host files, installed the new version, and used one of those keys (17.9.2020, 22.9.2050, 22.9.2099, etc..), It shows "Get Pro" in the new user interface:

fh2TXtb.png

Does anyone know how to "fix" this?

Bro @M.A.M Can you tell me what I must add to Windows Hosts File??

Because everytime I insert the key for Avira to become Avira Pro; it automatically returns to Free Version :( 

Thanks

13 hours ago, Archanus said:

Bro @M.A.M Can you tell me what I must add to Windows Hosts File??

Because everytime I insert the key for Avira to become Avira Pro; it automatically returns to Free Version :(

run notepad as admin

add this to your hosts

127.0.0.1 license.avira.com
127.0.0.1 62.146.210.6 
127.0.0.1 62.146.210.10    @Thanks to viettungvuong

if the avira will not let you edit the hosts file, just disable protection and exclude hosts file.

Just now, Phantomboxe said:

run notepad as admin

add this to your hosts

127.0.0.1 62.146.210.6 
127.0.0.1 62.146.210.10

if the avira will not let you edit the hosts file, just disable protection and exclude hosts file.

THANKS A LOT :) !!!!

16 hours ago, Phantomboxe said:

run notepad as admin

add this to your hosts

127.0.0.1 62.146.210.6 

0.0.0.0 is preferrable to 127.0.0.1. ;)

From another site... " Using simply "127.0.0.1", the connect call has to go through the local loopback interface, and actually tries a connection, which adds up if you're accessing a lot of places at once (such as on a web page). The problem is even worse when the computer you're on is actually running something on port 80, in which case an actual connection is made, then fails, taking up more time. Or even worse: the connection times out!"

No big deal if you're just using hosts file for Avira, but if you're using it for other things as well - 0.0.0.0 is the way to go. :)

17 hours ago, Phantomboxe said:

run notepad as admin

add this to your hosts

127.0.0.1 62.146.210.6 

Those are the same hosts i used, i even tried added them before installing avira, but it didn't work. It used to work under previous version(s), but not this one for some reason...

I think everything is OK with the key.

If you launch 'avcenter.exe' from the program installation folder, it launches the old gui and that still shows pro version and the expiry date.

5 minutes ago, p4psb said:

I think everything is OK with the key.

If you launch 'avcenter.exe' from the program installation folder, it launches the old gui and that still shows pro version and the expiry date.

I am aware of that, even in the screenshot i attached, when you check settings, it shows that it's the pro version, but on the main new GUI, it's shows "Get Pro".

Archived