Emsisoft New Feature: Firewall Fortification

UmbraEmsisoft

Emisisoft is proud to announce our new feature : Firewall Fortification.

As announced earlier, we are changing our firewall strategy and will soon merge Emsisoft Internet Security with Emsisoft Anti-Malware, effective as of our next release in October. Instead of developing our own firewall module, we’re going to rely on the built-in Windows Firewall core that has proven to be powerful and reliable. Its only weak point is the fact that anyone can freely change the firewall configuration. In other words, if malware manages to run on the PC with sufficient administrator permissions, it’s able to allow itself to get through the firewall.

To resolve this vulnerability, we’ve developed a new Firewall Fortification feature for Emsisoft Anti-Malware’s Behavior Blocker as part of our 2017.8 release. Firewall Fortification detects and intercepts malicious actions from non-trustworthy programs in real time before they can cause any damage.

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2017/09/01/2017-8-windows-firewall-fortification/

So basically we removed our Firewall in  Emsisoft Internet Security and let the job to Windows Firewall, but because it isn't perfect, we decided to add a new feature to Emsisoft Anti-malware's Behavior Blocker  to protect Windows Firewall from being tempered by malicious modifications from malware.

Feel free to ask me more infos if needed. 

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 0bin said:

I'm interested in the comparison reports by Indipendent Society, could you provide them?

Comparison should include also Zemana AntiMalware.

You can find some useful info here:

https://www.virusbulletin.com/testing/results/latest/vb100-antimalware

https://chart.av-comparatives.org/awards.php?year=2017

I didn't see zemana included, but you can give a try.

0bin, my female friend, you would be surprised when you would find out that ONE security product won't save you from real world threats. Zemana in terms of security is mediocre, is just a tool+ against threats, don't get me wrong, Zemana is a good product, but they are kids (just a layer of protection) in terms of protection a.k.a real world threats. You really need more comprehensive security setup. If you want innovative features you need to to go back in 2005!  Free ? Ok, you can pick some great software, but if you want to be 90% virus (malware;spyware;adware;etc.) free, you need2pay OR you can learn it ! :) A good place to start is https://www.wilderssecurity.com/  (@UmbraEmsisoft is already there. :D)

If you need any malware support althought UmbraEmsisoft is more sophisticated in terms of malware than me, i'll be glad to help you.

It would be nice if @UmbraEmsisoft would provide some test keys for eager users ! Their software is one one a piece software !!!!

11 minutes ago, 0bin said:

What let you think that I use Windows. I test antimalware inside VM to find vulnerabilities.

You are Emsisoft too? :P Nice.

No, no, no, you are sweet! :D No, i just like their products.  That's cool! Apologies for being skeptical about your knowledge!

7 minutes ago, 0bin said:

I am actually surprised that software houses and developers, that talk about legal and not crack go to warez sites trying to teach people how to behave. You should pay this site that let you post advertising messages.

Yes, we are all kids that play games.

Use Linux.

I need Fort Knox.

I wanna be 100% Wirus.

1. :D only newcomers would be worried about that

2. yes we are kids!

3. not for regular people

4. :D good choice

5.It won't happen!

On 9/11/2017 at 9:22 PM, UmbraEmsisoft said:

So basically we removed our Firewall in  Emsisoft Internet Security and let the job to Windows Firewall, but because it isn't perfect, we decided to add a new feature to Emsisoft Anti-malware's Behavior Blocker  to protect Windows Firewall from being tempered by malicious modifications from malware.

Many of us out here use Windows Firewall through our favorite front-end, Windows Firewall Control (WFC) which has a similar capability to prevent malicious tampering — just like Emsisoft Internet Security does. B)

Would be interested about just one critical point — Windows Firewall lacks the anti-spoofing capability . . . . . . now, how about introducing this capability on your program? :wub:

The Russians from the other site have a topic saying that this is the best program on the market but at the same time they claim that all anti virus programs do the scan to collect private information the other program they recommend is kaspersky but I really do not know what to believe

knowledge-Spammer
20 hours ago, 12stones said:

The Russians from the other site have a topic saying that this is the best program on the market but at the same time they claim that all anti virus programs do the scan to collect private information the other program they recommend is kaspersky but I really do not know what to believe

ill say it as it is kaspersky  is one of the best   but usa not want people to think this  and have made lies about kaspersky   i am not saying kaspersky  is 100% the best but  its one of them  

and as u have said  The Russians from the other site have a topic saying that this is the best program on the market

so u see russia not saying bad about  this program but see usa saying bad about kaspersky   funny that

On 9/11/2017 at 5:56 PM, 0bin said:

Any chance to get a free license? xD

It is possible, for example if you test our products for a certain period and we see regular and valid reports from you,  you may earn a free license. 

Also by using the Referral Program, if 2 more persons buy Emsisoft Anti-Malware , you may get your next year for free.

"If one of your friends purchases at least one-year of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, your license will be automatically renewed for six more months. The new user just needs to use the link provided in the software containing your ID so we can map them to you."

52 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Could you confirm or deny that @drunk doesn't reflect Emsisoft opinion about Linux?

@drunk isn't a Emsisoft' employee or representative, so he is free to claim what he wants or believes. So we don't have to confirm or deny anything comings from him. 

Tried out the new Emsisoft version and strangely my license expired for some reason :mellow:

Spoiler

hFab4uR.jpg

mGohlkw.jpg

After update

4sEmBaU.jpg

4 minutes ago, 0bin said:

I want this type of license, I would pay for lifetime. :)

Sure :) check this out

3 hours ago, UmbraEmsisoft said:

It is possible, for example if you test our products for a certain period and we see regular and valid reports from you,  you may earn a free license. 

Also by using the Referral Program, if 2 more persons buy Emsisoft Anti-Malware , you may get your next year for free.

"If one of your friends purchases at least one-year of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, your license will be automatically renewed for six more months. The new user just needs to use the link provided in the software containing your ID so we can map them to you."

14 hours ago, 0bin said:

I will mail the developers of this program asking them their opinion about Linux, as I see I cannot know.

The questions between me and @drunk was legit opinions someone has, I don't see why delete them; I thought was one representative, so I have questions for him.

About Linux, our opinion about it would be more personal views and not official ones since we don't offer Emsisoft AM on Linux. So i didn't gave my opinion about it in an official way.  

12 hours ago, Shadowx said:

Tried out the new Emsisoft version and strangely my license expired for some reason :mellow:

Reveal hidden contents

hFab4uR.jpg

mGohlkw.jpg

After update

4sEmBaU.jpg

i can guess that is not an legit license...don't expect it to be valid  :P

22 hours ago, knowledge said:

ill say it as it is kaspersky  is one of the best   but usa not want people to think this  and have made lies about kaspersky   i am not saying kaspersky  is 100% the best but  its one of them  

and as u have said  The Russians from the other site have a topic saying that this is the best program on the market

so u see russia not saying bad about  this program but see usa saying bad about kaspersky   funny that

It's on the same topic : they consider Emsisoft a good program because this one does not participate in tests and they say that every AV is to spy on the people.
At the same time they say that Kaspersky also does it but for another type of spy
and they also say that NOD is the best...
I was confused ...

And there is a post that shows that all the AVs by their tests have a good answer

in case I am only sharing facts that they affirm 

I did not believe much in this debate, I'm just sharing what I read there ...

I am not saying that they are the owners of the truth only that it is a total mess you do not know what kind of truth exists behind this post....

39 minutes ago, 12stones said:

It's on the same topic : they consider Emsisoft a good program because this one does not participate in tests.

We do, and we are rated quite nicely in AV-Comparative :)

I see that there's no answer to the following feature request:—

On 9/13/2017 at 1:39 AM, dcs18 said:
On 9/11/2017 at 9:22 PM, UmbraEmsisoft said:

Many of us out here use Windows Firewall through our favorite front-end, Windows Firewall Control (WFC) which has a similar capability to prevent malicious tampering — just like Emsisoft Internet Security does. B)

Would be interested about just one critical point — Windows Firewall lacks the anti-spoofing capability . . . . . . now, how about introducing this capability on your program? :wub:

6 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I see that there's no answer to the following feature request:—

Sorry i missed it, no since Emsisoft AM doesn't monitor networks. 

6 hours ago, 0bin said:

Do you have a exploit protection comparative charts with other products like the old Hitman Pro Alert did once upon a time?

We are not an anti-exploit (like MBAE or HMPA), so we don't have such charts, however we can mitigate some exploits via our Behavior Blocker.

• Administrator

Some posts removed.

It's nice to see an employee / developer / community manager / technician of a well respected AV here.

8 hours ago, DKT27 said:

It's nice to see an employee / developer / community manager / technician of a well respected AV here.

Thank you :)

hello, just a question, 

Do you mind if i create an Emsisoft dedicated thread, where i can post news/articles/updates (with links to our website) and also answer to questions from the members?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, UmbraEmsisoft said:

hello, just a question, 

Do you mind if i create an Emsisoft dedicated thread, where i can post news/articles/updates (with links to our website) and also answer to questions from the members?

I do not think so that would be correct as it would be amounting to advertisement. If you have something major to announce you can always create a new topic for it.

Archived