Welcome to nsane.forums

Welcome to nsane.forums, like most online communities you need to register to view parts of our community or to make contributions, but don't worry: this is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of nsane.forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Access special members only forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates

Please note: Unfortunetely due to some server side issues, registration via Hotmail / Outlook email addresses do not work, members are requested to use some other email addresses like Gmail to register here.

Sign in to follow this  
DKT27

Intel discontinues Skylake CPUs

Serph    13
Serph

i9 :o 

RobrPatty    581
RobrPatty

Yep gip kiss your skylake cpu's goodbye. :rofl:

They must be inferior cpu's. :P

Edited by RobrPatty

DKT27    6,730
DKT27

Those not remembering the importance of this. Remember, this is the last generation of CPUs to support the previous versions of the OSes out there.

• Like 3

lurch234    1,089
lurch234
15 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

this is the last generation of CPUs to support the previous versions of the OSes out there.

Exactly what I was thinking. Microsoft must have been impatient to retire these CPUs to better push their shitty Win 10

• Like 2

pc71520    1,074
pc71520

No problem...:coolwink:

Have been using AMDs for almost a decade. ;)

• Like 1

lurch234    1,089
lurch234
On 9/8/2017 at 4:14 AM, pc71520 said:

No problem...:coolwink:

Oh, but there is a problem. If you have a Ryzen CPU and an older Os then you won't get any updates from Microsoft unless you have the unofficial patch.

While it lasts that is.

• Like 1

pc71520    1,074
pc71520
10 hours ago, lurch234 said:

Oh, but there is a problem.

If you have a Ryzen CPU and an older Os then you won't get any updates from Microsoft unless you have the unofficial patch.

I'm running Windows 10.

As I wrote, there is NO problem. :coolwink:

steven36    9,466
steven36
11 hours ago, lurch234 said:

Oh, but there is a problem. If you have a Ryzen CPU and an older Os then you won't get any updates from Microsoft unless you have the unofficial patch.

While it lasts that is.

One day in the future they will be a problem ruining newer  Windows on Skylake too when you cant get no more drivers for it. anymore. Pentium 4 they stop making these in 2008  and there still a lot of them still in use with Linux and XP . It dont matter that they stop making Skylake  if you use old  windows there is 100s of chips around that work on old windows its just like they said you cant buy Windows 7 and 8.1 PCs  still  it's not true they have them for sale online and shops still have these PCs  and hardware in stock you can still buy old new hardware  if you know were too look. you can still buy  a intel pentium 4 3.2 new from amazon ,or newegg new  lol.

Microsoft cant stop vendors from selling hardware they already have in stock because there is Linux and Mac OS  too . Only thing Microsoft can do is ban old hardware from working on newer windows when the vendor  no longer makes drivers  and  they can ban new hardware on old windows  because  you dont really dont own windows updates they do .  Lol  Windows PCs havent sold good since Windows 7  so they will  be skylake chips around for years too come. And it would make no sense  too buy  them all up if Windows PCs ever start selling again around 2019  or 2020 because they want make them anymore.

It's not all Microsoft  no how  when old hardware stops working on windows because of upgrades  it's the vendors fault for dropping support for it on Windows because they want too sell new PCs  too the masses  . I have a old AMD  Rig here that came with Windows 8  and it stop getting any new drivers for Windows  after TH2  was released but  were Linux has open source drivers AMD now it's supported for Linux and drivers are updated same with Intel open source Linux drivers. Windows 10 so far has worked  with TH2  drivers even in RS2 but i doubt they will work for much longer  but I just put in  Windows 8.1 and dual booting with Linux and i dont care if they blacklist old AMD cards  soon for newer Windows 10. Windows 10 is not something I have too have or really want or id be on it now . :lol:

Edited by steven36