SanDisk crams 400GB into a microSD card

lurch234

SanDisk crams 400GB into a microSD card
That means it can hold up to 40 hours of full HD video, in case you were wondering.

SgYMHLZ.jpg

SanDisk just unveiled a 400GB microSD card, which it claims is the world's biggest. Really, it was only a matter of time until something of this stature arrived. Especially, now that we're capturing every aspect of our daily lives in glorious 4K, in 360-degrees, and from drones way up high. All those high-res images are taking up a lot of space on our devices. Therefore, storage providers had to step it up, which brings us to this miniature marvel.

The 400GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I card (yes, it's a mouthful) comes two years after the release of its 200GB predecessor. The company claims it can rack up transfer speeds of 100MB, meaning you can expect to move up to 1,200 photos per minute. It also meets the A1 App Performance Class specification, allowing it to load apps faster. Ultimately, it can hold up to 40 hours of full HD video. That all sounds enticing, but it comes at a hefty price: The microSD card will set you back $250.

For that money, you get 144GB more storage than any other microSD card out there. There were rumblings of a 512GB microSD card hitting the market this year (courtesy of Microdia), but we've not heard anything recently. Plus, that half-a-terabyte of storage was going to set you back $1,000 -- which makes SanDisk's card look cheap in comparison.

All you iPhone owners feeling left out right now, SanDisk has your back. Well, kinda. The company's also dropping a new local storage dock for Apple's handset. Just plug your iPhone into the SanDisk iXpand Base to backup your files, with up to 256GB of storage (for $200). Additional versions include 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB storage, with prices starting from $50

Source

• Replies 8
  • Views 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 hours ago, 12stones said:

This crap always fails after one year.

Curious to hear this. Not that I have used many, but none of my microSD cards have ever stopped working or given such problems here. Any reason you say so.

1 minute ago, DKT27 said:

Curious to hear this. Not that I have used many, but none of my microSD cards have ever stopped working or given such problems here. Any reason you say so.

Every micro sd card of this company that I bought, after one year leaves my smartphone slow, I already remove the card and the smartphone is back to stay fast, this is the most crap thing has, I go there I buy a new one and after one year, boom  already broken and I only have 20 photos on the card of smartphone and I do not use, applications and etc.
It looks like it's made to broken this garbage...

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, 12stones said:

Every micro sd card of this company that I bought, after one year leaves my smartphone slow, I already remove the card and the smartphone is back to stay fast, this is the most crap thing has, I go there I buy a new one and after one year, boom  already broken and I only have 20 photos on the card of smartphone and I do not use, applications and etc.
It looks like it's made to broken this garbage...

Interesting that. I think all the microSD cards slow the phone after much of it is filled. Then again, I believe the phone is more responsible behind it as it takes more time to read all the contents than the microSD card though.

4 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Interesting that. I think all the microSD cards slow the phone after much of it is filled. Then again, I believe the phone is more responsible behind it as it takes more time to read all the contents than the microSD card though.

No the problem is the card , trust me ... 

but i living in Brazil there is a possibility that in a lot of store maybe be pirates products falsfications but anyaway  i buy in diferents stores maybe they send garbage for Brazil or I got bad luck 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, 12stones said:

No the problem is the card , trust me ... 

but i living in Brazil there is a possibility that in a lot of store maybe be pirates products falsfications but anyaway  i buy in diferents stores maybe they send garbage for Brazil or I got bad luck 

Pretty much the same here.

But again, I repeat, this slowing of phone, I have noticed it more with cheaper phones than expensive ones out there.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Pretty much the same here.

But again, I repeat, this slowing of phone, I have noticed it more with cheaper phones than expensive ones out there.

Well what can I say, the smartphone has a maximum of 1 year of use and other products as same and whenever I remove this card it's all perfect

Archived