Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

10 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I have made some changes. Please clear your cache, logout, login and try again here.

Did. It's the same. No picture being displayed.

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Where do I make this view dark again, this light effort is awful.

I suggest to restore the original, ie instal clean IPS 4.2.2 like it was released and only after you have removed all other unnecessary and corrected databases, upgrade to version 4.2.4 (upgrade from 4.2.2, do not instal as first, becase it contains some errors), and then just start adding other skins, widgets, etc one-byone. Otherwise, you will repair to the end of life, because here is enormous many mistakes and they all are related to each other - if eliminate one you create a new one. A very futile waste of time.

This is my recommendation.

13 hours ago, BEngEE said:

Hi,

Where do I make this view dark again, this light effort is awful.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:38 PM, 0bin said:

Happen if using Tor ;) the site protect himself.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:50 PM, BioHazard said:

It could be my VPN  :rolleyes:

it is not site who do this

it is cloudflare who add protection layer for this site

there is addon supposed block this but i am not test it

quote:

One of the disadvantages of connecting to a VPN or Tor is the dreaded "I'm not a robot" message that you get on every site you visit that uses CloudFlare.

An intermediary page is displayed to you that notifies you that there is "one more step" to complete before you can access the site you want to load in your browser of choice.

You need to check the I'm not a robot" box, and complete one or multiple captchas first before you are allowed to access the site you want to visit.

Cloudflare uses different types of captchas, for instance multiple choice ones where you need to select all matching items on an image map.

source:  here & here

Get a better vpn  i suggest  that they don't be blocking  only time  i get captchas is if i'm using  Tor browser i be on VPN all the time.

• Administrator

The captchas are actually not aimed at proxy users, they are aimed as spamming bots and is quite an important part of using it.

14 hours ago, Kalju said:

I suggest to restore the original, ie instal clean IPS 4.2.2 like it was released and only after you have removed all other unnecessary and corrected databases, upgrade to version 4.2.4 (upgrade from 4.2.2, do not instal as first, becase it contains some errors), and then just start adding other skins, widgets, etc one-byone. Otherwise, you will repair to the end of life, because here is enormous many mistakes and they all are related to each other - if eliminate one you create a new one. A very futile waste of time.

This is my recommendation.

Thanks for the recommendations. I wish Lite would get time to look into them. From what I know there is no problem in the database itself though.

I just posted a private message to a member. It appeared on the main page. S&^%^&%t that's annoying ....
:(

Edit:

Replying (I'm unable to quote still) to DKT27

Went to his profile page, clicked "message" and sent it. As far as I can remember, that was it.
T'was almost midnight, I might have messed up ....

On 9/19/2017 at 5:02 AM, DKT27 said:

The captchas are actually not aimed at proxy users, they are aimed as spamming bots and is quite an important part of using it.

It just depends  if the ip has been blacklisted in cloudflares database or not ..They also have some tools for websites too use too censor  the internet from vpn and tor users as well I would not recommend using them  I just deleted one site from bookmarks using these  last night  because they have became a private site and really  the have nothing another private site i belong too don't have that don't use these tools even though i can get around it I'm boycotting there site. I know of a hand full of sites that are using this now.

1.  they will cause you too lose some members and visitors .

2. cloudflares cant detect all tor ips to auto ban because they make new ones everyday so i can always get around it using  tor on top of  my VPN.  Most Tor users are use too captchas but a good vpn  it will not happen with unless a site is blocking vpn users and then you cant get on at all with just a vpn . :P

@admins

when you go fix search?

it is most important function in forums

this almost 1 month not fixed yet!!!

better shut down forum and fix offline

uh! i forget!

end of time is in 2 days left!

who care about search function?

we go all die in 2 days any way!!!

knowledge-Spammer
8 hours ago, VIKTOR PAVEL said:

@admins

when you go fix search?

it is most important function in forums

this almost 1 month not fixed yet!!!

better shut down forum and fix offline

uh! i forget!

end of time is in 2 days left!

who care about search function?

we go all die in 2 days any way!!!

we go all die in 2 days any way!!

but what u going to do 2day ?

if we all die in 2days time its been nice talkin with u all

but yes search is big problem and with more things been posted seems  will be hard for search to keep up

knowledge-Spammer

little thing i just seen now

cant seem to see all 22 people who liked the posts ?

https://preview.ibb.co/eATkjQ/CpWz_034.png

can u dickmaster

and this one  says There's nothing here yet

https://image.ibb.co/k2oqJk/CpWz_035.png

• Administrator
On 9/20/2017 at 7:49 PM, fretless said:

@DKT27

No solutions yet for search results? Thanks.

Not that I know about. If it's server side issue then we need to wait for Lite to look into it.

On 9/21/2017 at 8:14 AM, Pequi said:

I just posted a private message in a to a member. It appeared on the main page. S&^%^&%t that's annoying ....
:(

Please explain more about it.

On 9/21/2017 at 8:40 AM, steven36 said:

It just depends  if the ip has been blacklisted in cloudflares database or not ..They also have some tools for websites too use too censor  the internet from vpn and tor users as well I would not recommend using them  I just deleted one site from bookmarks using these  last night  because they have became a private site and really  the have nothing another private site i belong too don't have that don't use these tools even though i can get around it I'm boycotting there site. I know of a hand full of sites that are using this now.

1.  they will cause you too lose some members and visitors .

2. cloudflares cant detect all tor ips to auto ban because they make new ones everyday so i can always get around it using  tor on top of  my VPN.  Most Tor users are use too captchas but a good vpn  it will not happen with unless a site is blocking vpn users and then you cant get on at all with just a vpn . :P

We do not need CF to block proxies, we have other, more powerful methods to do so. We had some conversations before on proxies, we have decided against stopping them to be used here. Respecting the members privacy.

16 hours ago, knowledge said:

little thing i just seen now

cant seem to see all 22 people who liked the posts ?

can u dickmaster

and this one  says There's nothing here yet

Good find. I wonder if it's because they were made before the upgrade of the forums. Lets wait for the indexing to be done. Maybe as someone mentioned it's cache related, which can be looked after the indexing issue is fixed I think.

On 9/21/2017 at 11:58 AM, knowledge said:

if we all die in 2days time its been nice talkin with u all

for you and all nsaners before we die after midnight : :cheers:

6 hours ago, DKT27 said:

we need to wait for Lite to look into it.

if not we die by apocalypse after midnight we die by wait wait wait boredom!  :frusty:

I'm having problems with notification? 

Not getting any from threads I post !

Is this normal?

Already enabled from account settings.

Future Soldier
12 hours ago, hacker7 said:

I'm having problems with notification? 

Not getting any from threads I post !

Is this normal?

Already enabled from account settings.

@DKT27 has Forum indexing finished i hope its is, as we still have the notification probs,

just letting you know

5 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

may be turbo posters-copy-pasters must stop a while? :D

only workaround is shut down server and offline index but @dmins not want do this i am not know why?! :dunno:

instead we is still have headaches find some thing and after this headaches we find nothing!!!:D

Archived