Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

The Threads Coloring, Black: Unread, Grey: Read, is harder to see. Can you experiment with a different coloring for read?

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something is canvas fingerprinting now  and setting off canvasblocker addon and slowing the site down.  Its strange because its not like other sites that have canvas fingerprinting it's random and dont happen but some times.

https://s7d1.turboimg.net/sp/832e5f7e81df3dd040d80c9c07dbd3c0/canvas_fingerprints_1.png

https://s7d1.turboimg.net/sp/bb012e4a5eec44de67015d6b9651df46/canvas_fingerprints_2.png

Seeing arrogance of my post deletions, I regret making a donation this time round.

Everything has been explained repeatedly by many members, but doesn't get through understanding process of some and does get deleted...

nSane forums run several donation compaigns older times, sense of having or not donations displayed have been resolved,

Same is about reputation counter, that I had disabled for the most of the times, seems new admins are members here for less than 5 years ownselves to understand WHY people are correct with such demands or to NOT to be plain arrogant deleting posts, without consideration of those being valid and sensible requests.

Firstly, my heartiest congratulations to the staff, especially to Matt — for finally succeeding in instituting the HTTPS protocol, nSane. RlW5CMh.gif

Please don't try to misinterpret and dismiss away, what I just typed above as sarcasm — it is my unadulterated gesture of appreciation and must not be construed as an attempt to produce conciliatory sound bytes (I have always expressed my thoughts without window-dressing my words — good job done, this time.) F3h9xqz.gif

As for what Atasas has just posted above me — I agree with him . . . . . . there was no need to hide/delete those posts under the pretext of declaring them as off-topic — they could've easily been split and moved to the appropriate threads.

Also, I had filed a very relevant bug report that you guys have hidden/deleted — there's no need to label constructive feedback which are backed with a conclusive screenshot, as a personal attack.

While posting, when one clicks the Emoji icon on the ToolBar, the Emoji Pop-up takes an inordinately loooooong time to load the Emojis — not only is there an eternal delay but also, it's almost impossible to scroll the page (or . . . . . do just about anything on that page.)

Does anyone else experience this:—

LUaaPyF.png

Yes . . . . subsequently, it's opening for me, too — but, is it opening instantly, for you or is there a lag?

Just counted the Emojis — the total is a staggering 1,670 Emojis (and, most of them are in .png format):—

NPjDYQq.png

jayesh30202
43 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Yes . . . . subsequently, it's opening for me, too — but, is it opening instantly, for you or is there a lag?

a few times it does open instantly and sometimes it does lag. i shall say the speed is not consistent.

jayesh30202
24 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I see — what's the average speed of your internet connection? yXZVmpE.gif

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

• Administrator

We apologize for any removal of posts. As you guys know Matt was working on many things including the themes and the server and continuation of arguments does not help the cause here.

Anyway, two things I can make out of this.

The sidebar on the Unread Content page was still being loaded then being fixed as the page completed loading. This invisible sidebar should have never existed in the first place and seemed like a bug. I have fixed it.

Second is, as for donations thing in the profile. You guys see, for this donation campaign, we are using a donation plugin specialized in the donation campaigns for the IPB. This plugin, however, while gives a lot of options, there is no option whatsoever in it to disable the donation and donation amount from appearing on a user's profile. So basically, it's not possible to remove that donation part, especially on the per user bases. We, however, might consider disabling this plugin when the donation campaign reaches its goal and thereby the donation information from the profile will be removed from it too.

The following template error message was gone after one refresh

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Screenshot (28)_n.png

Edit:

I was also getting 👇 just about 10 minutes ago

Error 526

@Matt I guess this is the proper place for a bug report? Haven't used this forum in a long time. I get a page with the following error text when i click any proxy.nsanedown link:

nginx error!

The page you are looking for is not found.

Website Administrator

Something has triggered missing webpage on your website. This is the default 404 error page for nginx that is distributed with Fedora. It is located /usr/share/nginx/html/404.html

You should customize this error page for your own site or edit the error_page directive in the nginx configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf.

If you need a screenshot or anything let me know.

I've noticed slower response times changing between forums or pages of a thread since the rebuild. Around 4-5 seconds. I didn't notice this much of a lag before the rebuild. I realize this is trivial, but others have been saying the revised build is quicker. I'm using Firefox on a Win7 pro box with a FIOS connection. Other forums I frequent don't have this lag. Not complaining, I can live with it, just pointing out nsane forums are slower to load than they used to be (for me).

Like the new look and appreciate Matt's efforts here.

\\ R

• Administrator

@Rainmaker I'm aware of that I did that on purpose, yet you can check now and tell me if you still noticing any lags. 

1 hour ago, WindowsAddict said:

this site is not working correctly in epic browser. 

1. do You know any reason, why should?
  2. can You tell, how it is related to upgrade, if some handicraft-browser does not work?

WindowsAddict
52 minutes ago, Kalju said:
  1. do You know any reason, why should?
  2. can You tell, how it is related to upgrade, if some handicraft-browser does not work?

last time when i checked nsaneforum on epic one or 2 week ago that time its button worked fine,  now its button are not working fine. i've tried with its security option disabled. i read that there was a recent update, so i assumed it had something to do with it.

Posts hidden if you want to argue please

do it via pm..

Carry on and you both will be under moderation..

20 hours ago, WindowsAddict said:

last time when i checked nsaneforum on epic one or 2 week ago that time its button worked fine,  now its button are not working fine. i've tried with its security option disabled. i read that there was a recent update, so i assumed it had something to do with it.

To which button are you referring? yXZVmpE.gif

Archived