Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

17 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

@DKT27 there's still a weird bug after logging in, forums open a random post instead of the main page. Using Firefox 59.0.1 x64 (did a cleanup of temp files, cookies, cache, etc. without changes). Also the same on IE 11. I don't have other web browsers installed in here.

11 minutes ago, CrAKeN said:

Same problem here with Chrome 65.0.3325.181 (x86).

I do not think it's a bug; in fact, I believe it's functionality put to use.

Reason?! It is a fact that none of us navigate through all the topics and sub-forums and this functionality gives us the possibility to know something that we did not even have time or interest in knowing if it existed... But that is what I think.

Regards

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:
2 hours ago, CrAKeN said:
2 hours ago, sanjoa said:

@DKT27 there's still a weird bug after logging in, forums open a random post instead of the main page. Using Firefox 59.0.1 x64 (did a cleanup of temp files, cookies, cache, etc. without changes). Also the same on IE 11. I don't have other web browsers installed in here.

Same problem here with Chrome 65.0.3325.181 (x86).

Reason?! It is a fact that none of us navigate through all the topics and sub-forums and this functionality gives us the possibility to know something that we did not even have time or interest in knowing if it existed... But that is what I think.

Regards

In my case, Firefox logs me into the exact same page since the last 4 years — ATM, I'm running the ESR 52.7.2 (was the same even when I used the stable or Nightly.)

10 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

Regards

It's an intended functionality to track our online behaviors for Cambridge Analytica :P

5 hours ago, sixoclock said:

It's an intended functionality to track our online behaviors for Cambridge Analytica :P

Nah...

Yeah, I know you're kidding!!! ? 

• Administrator
On 3/22/2018 at 11:00 PM, WALLONN7 said:

Regards

This.

Anyway guys, as far as notifications are concerned, I believe we have found that it mostly effects big topics with big number of pages. Opening pages randomly might be related to proxies or some bug in cookies.

Recent IPB update is said to have made a lot and lot of bug fixes. While it may take some time, we will see when it can be installed. It's quite possible that the random page opening while logging in would be addressed in it.

2 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

It's quite possible that the random page opening while logging in would be addressed in it.

Really?!

I like the way it is!!! :P

• Administrator
1 hour ago, WALLONN7 said:

Really?!

I like the way it is!!! :P

I might have said it too fast this. A lot of security bugs were fixed, not user level bugs. Still, it's likely these things will be fixed in IPB upgrades here.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, knowledge said:

i still have big delay i am 17days to slow ?

see

but when go  to topic it say Posted

maybe topic was locked on 

Can you try doing this. Open this page and remove all the topics from that list. Then on the same page, click on the Forums on the left part of the page and then do the same again on it. Then, re-follow the content you want to follow there.

knowledge-Spammer

but if i do this all the topics i follow  will be gone and its about 30pages of topics     is no easyer ways to fix this  for me

to remove all topics  will be pain as i not get  Notifications from the topics as i will have removed  ? y this  happen for to me  all times

• Administrator
1 minute ago, knowledge said:

but if i do this all the topics i follow  will be gone and its about 30pages of topics     is no easyer ways to fix this  for me

to remove all topics  will be pain as i not get  Notifications from the topics as i will have removed  ? y this  happen for to me  all times

There are two reasons for this problem. One is server side and another is user side.

It's likely that the followed contents are overloading the forums server, hence the delay in notifications. I personally checked and found that something - overload on the server for example, is preventing these notifications for reaching on time. My view is that all members should remove all the followed contents and try refollowing them again. Hard as it may sound, think of it this way, every single minute server might be sending hundreds of notifications, now see the number of members who follow things on the forums, its in thousands, so it's quite easy for even a powerful server to get overloaded by this. We did try to fix this, even contacted IPB, they fixed this problem, but the problem returned in the latest update.

But why I'm suggesting you to do this, the reason is, I cannot reproduce this and I do follow content and I do even get notifications for it, but never are those notifications delayed here. So I think too much followed content can be a reason contributing to it.

knowledge-Spammer

u can  sure me not on shadow block or something like that   i now twitter do things like that  to users

Shadow banning is the act of blocking a user or their content from an online community such that the user does not realize that they have been banned. By making a problem user's contributions invisible or less prominent to other members of the service, the hope is that in the absence of reactions to their comments, the problematic user will become bored or frustrated and leave the site ?

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, knowledge said:

u can  sure me not on shadow block or something like that   i now twitter do things like that  to users

Shadow banning is the act of blocking a user or their content from an online community such that the user does not realize that they have been banned. By making a problem user's contributions invisible or less prominent to other members of the service, the hope is that in the absence of reactions to their comments, the problematic user will become bored or frustrated and leave the site ?

If a person is banned, that person will come to know about it. If that person's posting abilities are restricted, that person will come to know about it. I do not think such a feature exists here.

knowledge-Spammer

Sorry, there is a problem
There are no posts to show

Error code: 2F173/L

page 104 will not load

knowledge-Spammer
8 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

Confirmed...

but page 103 is fine ? with u aswell

3 minutes ago, knowledge said:

but page 103 is fine ? with u aswell

It loads... But it takes a while...

1 hour ago, knowledge said:

page 104 will not load

seems to be solved now!:D

knowledge-Spammer
8 hours ago, ARMOUR said:

seems to be solved now!:D

page 104 gone now ? were is gone to

Many threads are vanishing......
Try this: http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/306042-windscribe-pro-vpn-180-build-33/

If this trend continue with nsane, many wont share their work and many wont contribute enough. They will only provide on demand which is against the guidelines too.

@DKT27@shought@Lite and others... pls try to restore the missing threads and pages first and take backup and secondly try fixing other forum issues or missing features.

TheEmpathicEar

I just noticed a thread vanish. It was supposed to be a temporary thing. Maybe it got moved back to where it was before being moved?

• Administrator
23 hours ago, knowledge said:

page 104 will not load

It should have never reached that many pages. 50 pages per topic or max 100 pages per topic limit is reached, anything after that is likely to break. Someone create a 4th version of that topic, we will then close the 3rd one.

21 hours ago, vissha said:

Many threads are vanishing......
Try this: http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/306042-windscribe-pro-vpn-180-build-33/

If this trend continue with nsane, many wont share their work and many wont contribute enough. They will only provide on demand which is against the guidelines too.

@DKT27@shought@Lite and others... pls try to restore the missing threads and pages first and take backup and secondly try fixing other forum issues or missing features.

That topic was deleted on the request of the topic poster. It did not get missing by itself.

16 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I just noticed a thread vanish. It was supposed to be a temporary thing. Maybe it got moved back to where it was before being moved?

All topics are there - except the one mentioned by vissha. Search for them in further sub-forums. PM me if you cannot find them.

It's not the "number of pages" per se in a topic, that breaks a IPB forum — but rather, the "weight of media" (such as images, videos and other attachments.)

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

It's not the "number of pages" per se in a topic, that breaks a IPB forum — but rather, the "weight of media" (such as images, videos and other attachments.)

Agreed. That too is part of it, especially in this case. But number of pages too add load to the server. Big topics need to be closed sooner or later and replaced by another here.

Archived