Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

3 minutes ago, snf said:

Sorry for not respect the rule

You haven't broken any rule, bro : Only you have exhausted your daily quota, nothing more, nothing less....;)

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most annoying thing : the notifications are coming with a huge delay : days, weeks or even months :

E.g: @xanax replied here last friday and I got the notification only some minutes ago :

0rAFTEZ.jpg

dyZzmrv.jpg

I remembered also from last year : @knowledge replied somewhere in October and I got the notification in December.

I thought that it must be a joke....:lol:

Well, I guess that it is a little mistake above : it was about 2 years because last december the forums weren't available the whole month...

However I can remember that it was on v.4, that is for sure....

38 minutes ago, Recruit said:

One of the most annoying thing : the notifications are coming with a huge delay : days, weeks or even months :

You are not the only one  :(

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/300157-forum-upgrade-bugs/?do=findComment&comment=1298471

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/300157-forum-upgrade-bugs/?do=findComment&comment=1298481

Just now, Recruit said:

E.g: However I can remember that it was on v.4, that is for sure....

This probably means that cron-jobs are not working properly. And this is a server problem. But I do not know how this server is set up and the real reason may be also at all something other.
This is just my opinion.

PS. At this point, let me remind you that yesterday IPS Community Suite 4.2.8 was released, but here is still 4.2.6 installed. (4.2.7 files are ready to install for a very long time, but still only ready...).

Decided a very long time ago that notifications are the root of all my evil — have disabled most of them. :P

knowledge-Spammer

seems cant like someposts on plus it seem still have huge delay  on when i can see people posts

image.png

TheEmpathicEar
12 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Notifications take only few seconds to pop up on my side... Even on e-mailed ones...

I wish that were the case on my end. There is one thread that is really bad, but I can't mention it here.

• Administrator
On 3/6/2018 at 6:58 PM, Kalju said:

This probably means that cron-jobs are not working properly. And this is a server problem. But I do not know how this server is set up and the real reason may be also at all something other.
This is just my opinion.

PS. At this point, let me remind you that yesterday IPS Community Suite 4.2.8 was released, but here is still 4.2.6 installed. (4.2.7 files are ready to install for a very long time, but still only ready...).

Good point. Probably related to cron-jobs. I believe they get stuck again and again and that is why its causing this problems. I think we did contact IPB for it and they did fix it. But new update caused this problems again. For server side, only Lite or shought can look into it.

On 3/6/2018 at 8:42 PM, knowledge said:

seems cant like someposts on plus it seem still have huge delay  on when i can see people posts

Again, posts are made almost immediately here.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:05 PM, TheEmpathicEar said:

I wish that were the case on my end. There is one thread that is really bad, but I can't mention it here.

I wonder if they are topic related. As I mentioned somewhere, long ago we had set a 50 page or 100 page per topic limit. After that new topic is required to be created. Later, we stopped implementing this as after we had made some upgrades to the server, we felt that such is not really required. But then again, we are speaking of topics quite bigger than just 100 pages, so I wonder if that is causing this issues here.

TheEmpathicEar
56 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I wonder if they are topic related. As I mentioned somewhere, long ago we had set a 50 page or 100 page per topic limit. After that new topic is required to be created. Later, we stopped implementing this as after we had made some upgrades to the server, we felt that such is not really required. But then again, we are speaking of topics quite bigger than just 100 pages, so I wonder if that is causing this issues here.

This is what I thought as well. The thread I am thinking about has over 500 pages, 10,000's of posts. It does seem as if this thread is where the email notifications are way out of sync.

DKT27, the Preview button (the one next to the Submit Reply button) is sorely missed — would be nice if one of you Admins. could bring it back whenever time permits.

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

DKT27, the Preview button (the one next to the Submit Reply button) is sorely missed — would be nice if one of you Admins. could bring it back whenever time permits.

Is already there, at the top-line of options next to 'size'

I would advacate for UNDO button.    :beg:   :notworthy:

I guess it never has been present in nsane editing window, but would be very useful there.    

On 3/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, dcs18 said:

Picture no more available...(?).

I'm not getting notifications regarding the latest threads I've subscribed to.

The old subscriptions are working fine though.

4 minutes ago, mona said:

The old subscriptions are working fine though.

You will get them !
All you need is any patience for some months....:P

11 minutes ago, mona said:

I can confirm - here in forums - when talking about those I've subscribed... but they're working fine through e-mail...

Reactions and PMes are working too - here in forums...

1 minute ago, WALLONN7 said:

e-mail...

Have you opted in for notifications through mail ? :eek:

Just now, Recruit said:

Have you opted in for notifications through mail ? :eek:

It works like a spam box...

I use it for occasional accounts on multiple sites... In the end, it's all I've already said: a spam box...

The notifications ; are in completely incoherent.

I receive them sometimes of from January.

Or sometimes 3 or 4 times the same notification in the same day.

:lol:

@DKT27 there's still a weird bug after logging in, forums open a random post instead of the main page. Using Firefox 59.0.1 x64 (did a cleanup of temp files, cookies, cache, etc. without changes). Also the same on IE 11. I don't have other web browsers installed in here.

5 minutes ago, sanjoa said:

@DKT27 there's still a weird bug after logging in, forums open a random post instead of the main page. Using Firefox 59.0.1 x64 (did a cleanup of temp files, cookies, cache, etc. without changes). Also the same on IE 11. I don't have other web browsers installed in here.

Same problem here with Chrome 65.0.3325.181 (x86).

Archived