Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Future Soldier said:

the nOTIFICATIONS FOR SUBSCRIPTION foLLOWING STILL DONT WORK

We have a message for the Guests on forums, which explain that:

Notice: Unfortunately due to some server side issues, registration via Hotmail / Outlook email addresses do not work, members are requested to use some other email addresses like Gmail to register here. We apologize for the inconvenience caused because of it.

This issue still remains unfixed. I had a look into it, Lite had a look into it, shought had a look into it. Hotmail has not blocked us. We are not blocked by any spam agency. Still emails are not reaching Hotmail addresses no matter what we tried here.

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I, as a user, have browsed and navigated the forum and I have not encountered small or similar problems. Good luck, this forum is everything.

Sometimes after logging in, forums show a random post instead of forum's main site.

• Administrator
On 1/25/2018 at 9:15 AM, ARMOUR said:

search function is not fully functional, only showing few latest results, old topics are not indexing in search^_^

Can confirm. But I wonder if topics you are looking for are archived. As searching in archived topics has problems from some time now I think.

I can't post pics - they don't show up when outsourced from PostImage online service.

The history of the issue :

1. The problem emerged for the first time  while posting this OP.

2. Then I tried posting a pic in RSU and it didn't showed either.

3. Finally for testing purposes I tried reposting again the pic, that was successfully posted before in another thread (outsourced from the same online service both times).  This time the pic failed to show up.

Since on my end the whole procedure was absolutely the same in both cases - seems the culprit must be on the forums end.

47 minutes ago, mona said:

I can't post pics - they don't show up when outsourced from PostImage online service.

3. Finally for testing purposes I tried reposting again the pic, that was successfully posted before in another thread (outsourced from the same online service both times).  This time the pic failed to show up.

Since on my end the whole procedure was absolutely the same in both cases - seems the culprit must be on the forums end.

I had similar problem yesterday afternoon...
In my case, when I went to post the second image uploaded on imgur(dot)com it was not shown at all...
I made the other uploads in worldimages(dot)gallery and I had no more problems...

9 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

I had similar problem yesterday afternoon...
In my case, when I went to post the second image uploaded on imgur(dot)com it was not shown at all...
I made the other uploads in worldimages(dot)gallery and I had no more problems...

Tested your solution.  Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. 

1 hour ago, kalach said:

In the form of a post, there are no spoiler

For this @DKT27  give a fix.

Meanwhile, try using [ spoiler ]    [ /spoiler ] BBCODE tags, almost all of BBCODE tags work now I think.

Working for me  .

Works

• Administrator
23 hours ago, mona said:

Went through the whole topic. Even did some tests myself. I cannot reproduce this. I really think this is Android related - I have myself seen this happening on Android. Try a different Android browser and see if it works there.

2 hours ago, DKT27 said:

.. I really think this is Android related - I have myself seen this happening on Android. Try a different Android browser and see if it works there.

i wasn't aware Android is used here!

My method is working fine with all image hosts

i repost it here for other members having this issue

Test with Chrome

==========================================================================

1- When you want to post a pic, right-click on it and select "Copy image address"

Do not copy the image itself. Always copy image address

hby5h6x.png

2- Back to your post, right-click and select "Paste"

That's it. This is working fine for me whatever the pic host is.

Test with FireFox

image.gif

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

i wasn't aware Android is used here!

My method is working fine with all image hosts

i repost it here for other members having this issue

1- When you want to post a pic, right-click on it and select "Copy image address"

Do not copy the image itself. Always copy image address

2- Back to your post, right-click and select "Paste"

That's it. This is working fine for me whatever the pic host is.

Indeed. I have tried it and it works.

About Android, mona has mentioned it herself here.

@DKT27 

tested my 3 mobile browsers and the result turns to be the same :  all links get broken no matter what.

The workaround - as suggested by @jordan4x  - is editing the code and removing “%20‘‘ phrase , attached to an online address of the posted pic.  @anakinreid@anakin206 confirmed the error too.

Chrome.jpg

Thank goodness, I know the workaround now, but would love to learn what causes this annoyance (it's begun just 2 days back) ?  :think:

What on earth attaches this  ’’%20’’ to all links of my pics ?    :wtf:    And how eventually get rid of that error  ?

All details of my latest tests here.

BTW

Jordan4x ,  nice presentation.   :coolwink:

• Administrator
20 hours ago, mona said:

@DKT27 

tested my 3 mobile browsers and the result turns to be the same :  all links get broken no matter what.

The workaround - as suggested by @jordan4x  - is editing the code and removing “%20‘‘ phrase , attached to an online address of the posted pic.  @anakinreid@anakin206 confirmed the error too.

Thank goodness, I know the workaround now, but would love to learn what causes this annoyance (it's begun just 2 days back) ?  :think:

What on earth attaches this  ’’%20’’ to all links of my pics ?    :wtf:    And how eventually get rid of that error  ?

All details of my latest tests here.

BTW

Jordan4x ,  nice presentation.   :coolwink:

Yes I read your posts on that topic.

Try one more thing, make sure there is no space after the link. That is, post the image link and immediately press enter. Having said, then again, looking at how Android works, I do not think hitting enter when pasting something is not possible, so I really think it's Android related.

The %20 you are talking about represents - space - in encoding language. Say, when you write something in a text file. In that file you have many words and space between them. What you see is words and space in between them. But that's not how it's saved. When it's saved, the OS or the text software sees something like this:

What%20you%20see%20is%20words%20and%20space%20in%20between%20them.

This is called encoding.

What does all this mean then. It means that the link you are posting somehow has space added to it either when you copied them or pasted them here.

20 minutes ago, mona said:

@DKT27  the problem with posting pics and their broken links got eventually solved.

If you want to know the datails - they are here .

Found the culprit myself, but you guys :  @DKT27  @WALLONN7  @Undertaker  put me on the right track with your suggestions.

Thank you. You are great friends.    :flowers:

?

• Administrator
On 1/31/2018 at 12:52 AM, mona said:

@DKT27  the problem with posting pics and their broken links got eventually solved.

If you want to know the datails - they are here .

Found the culprit myself, but you guys :  @DKT27  @WALLONN7  @Undertaker  put me on the right track with your suggestions.

Thank you. You are great friends.    :flowers:

Well, I was not wrong about Android being an issue. :P

Jokes apart, good to see that.

• Administrator

I have noticed a lot of previously made posts are not having them, inspite of reps being registered to the user's overall count. I wonder if he has happened after the recent forum issues.

Though entirely a different thing, we can recount individual member's reps, but recounting them will mean that members will get their reputations cut, which will not be right I think.

Archived