Audio manipulation advice needed

meohmy

Not sure if this is the right place to post but will give it a try.

I am looking for software that will remove vocals from a soundtrack and also change its key. I have tried Audacity which is supposed to do it but it certainly didn't work for me.

I have also tried audacity and Mixcraft Pro Studio to change the key of music but each software told me it was  a different key to what I know it to be.

I may be making a big ask here but I need some backing tracks for a trio I am in and playing the guitar with arthritus starting in my hands is getting a bit difficult so I am looking for some help.

I know that I can purchase backing tracks but that's no fun. At 69 years old I am probably getting into this at the wrong stage of my life, but who cares.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, meohmy said:

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this is the type of help you wanted but there is a piece of commercial software ($49) that will not only remove the vocals but change the key and more.  Take a look at it here

http://www.karaoke-software.net/karaoke-sound-tools.html

I checked to see if there were any functional downloads available but the last one was five years ago and that was version 1 and none of the links work.  The one on the website is version 2.

The problem is that free software won't really get you good results so I would highly recommend Celemony Melodyne. Not only can it do what you require but there are plenty of helpful tutorials on YouTube to assist you in getting the most out of this software. I believe Celemony might even have one that shows you how to do exactly what you want but you'll need to spend some time learning the ins and outs of working with it to get the best results. Best of luck.

Thanks for the suggestions and I will certainly look at the software recommended, I don't mind paying out as long as the software works

but Celemony Melodyne is on the expensive side. Many thanks for the replies.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/08/2017 at 4:50 AM, meohmy said:

Thanks for the suggestions and I will certainly look at the software recommended, I don't mind paying out as long as the software works

but Celemony Melodyne is on the expensive side. Many thanks for the replies.

Sound forge

Archived