awful thing with .rar

MaimoonaMasood

MaimoonaMasood

Not every archive on my computer has such troubles likes next one. 3 days ago I opened my .rar archive and it viewed me nothing. I repeated opening, but nothing changed.

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Have you considered that the .rar archive you're trying to open might be corrupted??

2 minutes ago, MaimoonaMasood said:

Yeah, but I've no idea what to do in such cases

Use 7zip to decompress it.

is there any kind of warning or error window comes up ? when you try to open that rar file ?

knowledge-Spammer

if corrupted  not much can do

upload the files people will tell u more

the question is: was it a .rar file u created or a .rar file downloaded? Maybe it's a dummy / fake rar file 'cause otherwise u should get error popups.

You can try to repair a copy of it by WinRAR or another specific tool. Use always the last versions.

@MaimoonaMasood I must say that the case its not realty clear to me.

if you can give us some more details so we can have more indications about the way we maybe can help.

what is this file?

1. did you opened it in the past so it was perfect and only now it become unreadable?

2. did you get it from the net / mail or just had made it yourself?

3. which rar version are you using? and if you are using 5.4 > version and you have made it what method or compression did you use?

4. any other information related to any issue with you OS or Hardware, as hard-disk failure, virus or malware infection ...and so on.

[Try to make a check disk in command prompt.

chkdsk  d: /f/x

where the d: is your drive letter.]

Just upload the affected archive to a good host — let others download it and then report back whether it's corrupted or something can be done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.08.2017 at 4:48 PM, MaimoonaMasood said:

Not every archive on my computer has such troubles likes next one. 3 days ago I opened my .rar archive and it viewed me nothing. I repeated opening, but nothing changed.

If I have no idea what to do, then I usually apply powerful solution rar recovery software

You may like this one article - http://www.win-rar.com/faq.html?&L=0

Full guide here: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/can-repair-corrupt-rar-file/

You can try this:
1) Open the WinRAR application. Click on “File” and then “Open Archive” and browse to the damaged RAR file.
2) Press “Alt” + “R” on your keyboard. This will bring up the WinRAR repair dialog screen.
3) Designate an easy-to-find location in the “Folder to put the repaired archive” box.
4) Check the box that says, “Treat the corrupt archive as RAR.”
5) Press the “OK” button. Once it has finished repairing, a new archive will be built and placed in the location you designated.

Archived