Macrium Reflect Backup Question

uffbros

I am using the latest Server edition. I always did manual updates and it saves my image as a .mrimg file. I am trying to do a scheduled task of an image every 2 weeks. All I can seem to schedule is the xml file??? I just want the .mrimg like I get during manual? When I come to the last step my only options are to run now or save as an xml file. What am I missing here to only schedule it to make the .mrimg and nothing else? Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Views 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should look something like this, steps are 

1. Create backup tab

2. Choose Image Disk

3. Select partitions to backup

4. Select path to save image, click next

5. Choose Add Schedule, Full

6. Set Frequency to Weekly then change to Every 2 weeks

7. Click OK and Finish to Save backup plan.

Untitled.png

I did all that but on very last step you have no other option but to save as the xml file thing. I want the .mrimg

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 4:25 AM, uffbros said:

I did all that but on very last step you have no other option but to save as the xml file thing. I want the .mrimg

I am aware this is an old thread, but for others who come across it with the same question, the .xml file is just the format used to save the scheduled backup settings. The actual image (backup) file will be saved as an .mrimg (macrium-reflect-image) file. You can create more than one backup task/schedule, and the settings  will be saved as .xml files for use by the macrium software to know what to do, when to do it, and how much salt and pepper to add.

2 minutes ago, byntf said:

You can create more than one backup task/schedule, and they will be saved as .xml files for use by the macrium software.

that's correct

Archived