Windows 10 1607 cumulative update KB 4034658 wipes out Update History

Karlston

If you’re updating the Anniversary Update, version 1607, it’d be a good idea to take a screenshot of your Update History before installing this month’s KB 4034658.

update history 2
Jamie Eckle/IDG (IDG Worldwide)

It’s still much too early to tell if we’re going to have problems with this month’s Patch Tuesday trove, but one irksome bug has cropped up with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update cumulative update, KB 4034658 — the one that brings Windows 10 version 1607 up to build 14393.1593.

When you install KB 4034658, the installer wipes out your Update History (see before and after screenshots).

update history beforeWoody Leonhard/IDG

Update History before

update history afterWoody Leonhard/IDG

Update History after

I’ve seen no acknowledgement of the bug, explanation for it, or any workaround. Your smartest course of action is to take screenshots of any Update History that you wish to retain.

Surprisingly, I haven’t heard of similar bugs in the updates for other versions of Windows 10.

Found a bug? Have a solution? Join us on the AskWoody Lounge.

Source: Windows 10 1607 cumulative update KB 4034658 wipes out Update History (Computerworld - Woody Leonhard)

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy story, what should be done now? I have one old computer, what came out with XP, now is there 10 v1703 and all history is gone...
Terrible, even do not want to live anymore if everything is taken away ...

1 hour ago, 0bin said:

For me if the history go away is not a bug is a premium feature. :)

Maybe you should try this then

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/86709-clear-windows-update-history-windows-10-a.html

2 hours ago, Kalju said:

Crazy story, what should be done now? I have one old computer, what came out with XP, now is there 10 v1703 and all history is gone...
Terrible, even do not want to live anymore if everything is taken away ...

LOL  if you have a pc that came with Winders XP  and  got Winders X  running on it you're really lucky too even find working drivers for such besides the fact it's  most likely slow as homemade molasses pouring out of a jar   ..

1com9mon8db6bb5.gif

Archived