Avira Antivirus for Windows New User Interface

Batu69

We are currently developing a new User Interface for the Avira Antivirus for Windows and we are thrilled to show it to you!

It has a modern, fresh look which fits the overall Avira design. This easy to use interface simplifies and reduces the number of interactions a user has to make in order to achieve to most common tasks. We've also made sure that all the relevant information is presented in an easy to understand fashion.

Status_-_updating_from_OK_state.png

While it's not 100% final yet this is now build on modern front-end technology ensuring greater compatibility with various platforms and also creates a foundation for faster iteration cycle.

Known issues:

• Custom Scan, Scheduled scans, Password protection are not going to be available in the first beta build 
  • UAC integration is not yet done
  • Configuration & Scanner will still show up in its current style. 

During this test you will be provided with a Pro license key to test all modules of Avira Antivirus Pro. The test is scheduled to start in the week of the 16th of August.

Article source

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2017 at 2:47 PM, Sharelol said:

They should kill Avira launcher

On 8/10/2017 at 7:06 PM, RejZoR said:

They still use the idiotic launcher, aren't they?

Can't agree more with both of you on this. :yes:

On 8/10/2017 at 6:47 AM, Sharelol said:

They should kill avira launcher

23 hours ago, RejZoR said:

They still use the idiotic launcher, aren't they? I'm gonna pass it.

5 hours ago, pc71520 said:

Can't agree more with both of you on this. :yes:

I don't understand the big deal with the launcher. Not using one of the top AV's available because of it is just silly. A person never has to even look at or use the launcher whatsoever. Right click Avira taskbar icon, manage antivirus, and call it a day. People complaining over a non-issue. ;)

20 hours ago, spudboy said:

People complaining over a non-issue.

-What you call a "non-issue"

has actually been a really annoying issue for countless users

who ditched Avira due to the Avira Launcher. :yes:

-Moreover, I wouldn't so easily call that issue "silly" either... :uhuh:

I do Not believe that all these users,

who stopped using Avira due to the Avira Launcher,

are silly, too. :uhuh:

*Clarification*

No Resident (Real-Time) AV user, here.

I simply test a lot of Security software,

and I found the Avira Launcher not to be an appealing idea. :doh:  :wut:

On 8/12/2017 at 7:20 AM, pc71520 said:

-What you call a "non-issue"

has actually been a really annoying issue for countless users

who ditched Avira due to the Avira Launcher. :yes:

-Moreover, I wouldn't so easily call that issue "silly" either... :uhuh:

I do Not believe that all these users,

who stopped using Avira due to the Avira Launcher,

are silly, too. :uhuh:

*Clarification*

No Resident (Real-Time) AV user, here.

I simply test a lot of Security software,

and I found the Avira Launcher not to be an appealing idea. :doh:  :wut:

I disagree 100%. Imo it's like everyone who complained about Windows 8/8.1 because of the "Metro" interface, without understanding that they could opt to boot straight to the desktop and with the use of a 3rd party "Start Menu"... never have to see or deal with the Metro interface again. Non-issue. Just like the Avira Launcher. It can be disabled and/or just open Avira itself with the right click menu, instead of left clicking which opens the launcher. 100% working solutions to never having to deal with the launcher = non issue. ;)

On 8/21/2017 at 5:26 PM, spudboy said:

How can someone disagree with fact? LoL. :)

What's the "fact"?

"That you tolerate the Avira Launcher while so many ones cannot stand it"?

Take, for example, this Thread:

* Sharelol, stylemessiah, RejZoR, p4psb, and me (pc71520) do Not like the Avira Launcher. 

Moreover, other members (wakker, provision, and Phantomboxe) approved our Posts against the Avira Launcher.

* On the other hand,

your post (spudboy),

which defends the Avira Launcher,

was only approved by Batu69.

Since you asked for Facts...;)

*P.S.*

Needless to refer to the thousands of former Avira-AV users who ditched it, because of the Avira Launcher.

Just go to various Security software & Windows-Related Fora and check for yourself.

Nothing but Complaints and Grievances...

I guess all these users are wrong and everybody needs to follow your rationale...

On 8/22/2017 at 3:40 AM, pc71520 said:

What's the "fact"?

"That you tolerate the Avira Launcher while so many ones cannot stand it"?

Take, for example, this Thread:

* Sharelol, stylemessiah, RejZoR, p4psb, and me (pc71520) do Not like the Avira Launcher. 

Moreover, other members (wakker, provision, and Phantomboxe) approved our Posts against the Avira Launcher.

* On the other hand,

your post (spudboy),

which defends the Avira Launcher,

was only approved by Batu69.

Since you asked for Facts...;)

*P.S.*

Needless to refer to the thousands of former Avira-AV users who ditched it, because of the Avira Launcher.

Just go to various Security software & Windows-Related Fora and check for yourself.

Nothing but Complaints and Grievances...

I guess all these users are wrong and everybody needs to follow your rationale...

Ummmm. The proof is that the Avira Launcher NEVER HAS TO BE SEEN OR USED WHATSOEVER. Those are the facts, and anyone who disregards or complains about Avira (or anything else) due to something they never have to see or use - are arguing a non-issue. Fact. Period. End of story.

Doesn't matter how many "likes" something has either. Pretty silly logic there... "Oh!!! So and so's post has more likes so it must mean they are right!!!" That's like saying Shakira is better than Tool because she has 104,535,278 Facebook likes vs Tools 2,827,793. I don't need to look anywhere to see how many people have complained about the launcher. The issue & point here is that they ditched it, rather than use simple methods to bypass it, and then still complained about it. I never see the launcher. I never have to use it. It's like it doesn't even exist. So why should I also ditch it, and not just use a simple bypass method instead? Your logic is 100% completely invalid. Not to mention you're being a hypocrite saying "I guess all these users are wrong and everybody needs to follow your rationale...", when you're doing the exact same thing and thinking everyone should follow your rationale and that of those who "ditched it" because of a launcher they don't even have to use. Not my fault however many people jumped on the "OMGZORZZZOMFGZZZ A LAUNCHER!!!!!!!" bandwagon, without realizing they could bypass it.

That said. I'm finished with this conversation. If you want to try to push your own and others irrational thoughts on a non-issue... go for it. I've said all I need. The launcher can be bypassed, thus it's a non-issue. Period. There's zero you or anyone else can say that will take away from that incredibly simple fact.

On 23/8/2017 at 10:54 PM, spudboy said:

If you want to try to push your own and others irrational thoughts

That's like saying Shakira is better than

Irrational is the one who brought even Shakira to an AV-related conversation. :rolleyes:

Not to mention you're being a hypocrite

So many users, here, (i.e. Sharelol, stylemessiah, RejZoR, and p4psb) expressed their dislike for the Avira Launcher,

but you only attacked me. I'm Not surprised at all. :coolwink:

That's why I created a specific Spoiler as my Signature.

Just for people like you:

Spoiler

image.jpg

As far as the Avira Launcher, Avira will remove it in the future. Want a bet on it?

As it seems, the Complaints of Thousands Avira Users

-the ones you called 'irrational'- :rolleyes:

had an impact after all.

Archived