IPS Community Suite 4.2.2 is now available (+ updates)

Kalju

IPS Community Suite 4.2.2 released on 08/07/2017

Key Changes

• 4.2.2 is a maintenance release that fixes issues identified in 4.2.1 and:
  • A new extraction process to make auto-upgrades more robust
  • The upgrade system will do a check of all files to ensure they are up to date before proceeding

Security Notice

• This release also contains security enhancements to prevent possible XSS and increase protections on account management functions. It is recommended you upgrade to ensure the security on your Community.

More and source - https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I wonder, are you using 4.2.

How is it, any bugs you can find with it.

Currently not, because something happened with this server, where it was for testing. The last, what I had, was 4.2.1 (of course, because 4.2.2 released just today).
I'll set it up as soon as possible, but seems, I should find some other server, because the previously used don't work till now fully.
As much as I know, there was no such an issue, that makes something unusable. Some minor bugs are always.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the new  test version, Added later - here is another place, where I have not changed almost nothing.

--------------------------------------

NB! The server is as it is - sometimes not available and then is all again OK.

• Administrator
On 19/8/2017 at 1:51 PM, Philantrope said:

Unlike Xenforo, updates follow.

Wait, does Xenforo have problems with updates there.

As much as I know

1. XenForo Stable release‎ 1.5.14 Jun 6, 2017
  2. XenForo 2.0.0 Developer Preview 10 Released Jul 27, 2017

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎/‎08‎/‎21 at 2:53 PM, Kalju said:

As much as I know

1. XenForo Stable release‎ 1.5.14 Jun 6, 2017
  2. XenForo 2.0.0 Developer Preview 10 Released Jul 27, 2017

Yes but Xenforo 2.0 is still a beta not working, and wil not be compatible with version 1.54 (means new paramters, new plugins...). <_<

• 2 weeks later...

IPS Community Suite 4.2.4 released 09/13/2017
This is a security release and we recommend all clients upgrade as soon as possible.
Key Changes
4.2.4 is a maintenance release that fixes issues identified in 4.2.3.
Additional Information
This release addresses an XSS vulnerability. 
Sourcehttps://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/424-r68/

Note.

IPS Community Suite 4.2.4 contains some scripting errors and the leaderboard will not update in every week once as should. To repair this is the simplest way replace two files from version 4.2.2. (do not want to recommend replace from 4.2.3, becasause there are they also changed, but don't remember, did they worked or not).
These two files are

• applications\core\tasks\leaderboard.php
  • applications\core\modules\admin\settings\advanced.php 

Testversion in live   (No guest comments allowed)

• 2 weeks later...

IPS Community Suite 4.2.5 is now available. 

It is  a maintenance release that fixes issues identified in 4.2.4.

Additional Information

This release addresses an XSS vulnerability. We would like to thank MavMike for responsibly disclosing the details of this vulnerability to us.

Source: https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/425-r69/

• 5 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 3:56 PM, DKT27 said:

I wonder, are you using 4.2.

How is it, any bugs you can find with it.

Download link is removed because there was too many downloads, if somebody need link, send PM to me.

Live demo is here, but it has still too many mistakes.

Release Notes https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

About Invision Community 4.3 -  

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/invision-community-43-r1055/

NB! This Beta is not full package and it is not possible to use for upgrading current stable working version. It can be used only for some new functions testing.

• 4 weeks later...

IPS Community Suite 4.3.0 Beta 4 was released  on 04/10/2018 and some users thought, the on next week will be available the final version, but I still doubt, because I have tested all versions, ie from version beta 1 to beta 4 and there is too many not working functions. For example in the latest version Beta 4, there cannot change username, cannot change user account image on user panel, registration confirm email will not sent, there isn't at all some of php files included and cannot change some user profile settings, (for example spam.php in folder applications\core\modules\admin\membersettings\spam.php etc.
Those are what I have till now discovered. So I think, not needed hurry up wit this upgrade. 

All release info is here (and that's all, what is published) - https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

My personal testing site is on the same place, where it was.

Now is available new versions:
1. New - IPS Community Suite 4.3.0 - Released 04/17/2018 - info.(very little info)
2. Update - IPS Community Suite 4.2.9 Released 04/18/2018 for those who do not want to use version 4.3.0 yet - info

I have not tested them yet.
PS,
what You think, is it useful to open a new thread for future updates or continue here?..

• Administrator
On 4/18/2018 at 9:37 PM, Kalju said:

PS, what You think, is it useful to open a new thread for future updates or continue here?..

It's rather different this topic. While new topic for new update applies, I doubt anyone else would have any use for this other than the staff, a new topic is probably not required. I however, think that moving this to Software Chat would be better here.

OK. That's the last, I'll post no more nothing. This is a completely pointless action, at least I think so.

This forum seems to be dead.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Kalju said:

OK. That's the last, I'll post no more nothing. This is a completely pointless action, at least I think so.

I prefer not to decide on things based on current times, but rather on the possibilities of uncertainties out there. Eitherway, I personally like you posting posting them here.

• 2 weeks later...

did I miss something here, where is the download link? thanks and sorry if I missed it somewhere?

5 hours ago, mjall said:

did I miss something here, where is the download link? thanks and sorry if I missed it somewhere?

Its news section so I guess no links!

• Administrator
On 5/3/2018 at 6:54 PM, mjall said:

Good question.

Topic moved to Software Chat. Suits better here.

Archived