Mozilla Firefox 55.0

jalaffa

16 minutes ago, knowledge said:

u have pingsender.exe with this firefox i not have this befor on older version ?

It's new and it is part of firefox telemetry, like we do not fed up by that one from M$ :

2mwcsvc.png

• Replies 38
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer
On 09/08/2017 at 4:47 AM, Recruit said:

It's new and it is part of firefox telemetry, like we do not fed up by that one from M$ :

2mwcsvc.png

my firewall blocks telemetry  ?

I don't remember very well but (at least) yes the file pingsender.exe exist (and probably since Firefox_v54).

And yes it's seem to be true, you can block it with your firewall (I had create my own rule).

That's remind me the Maintenance Service... Because I didn't install it but no it doesn't remove them (called 'maintenanceservice.exe' and 'maintenanceservice_installer.exe').

Application Update Service Helper	--->	[email protected]_v2.0.xpi
Click-to-Play staged rollout		--->	[email protected]_v1.2.xpi
Firefox Screenshots			--->	[email protected]_v10.10.0.xpi
Follow-on Search Telemetry		--->	[email protected]_v0.9.1.xpi
Multi-process staged rollout		--->	[email protected]_v2.0.xpi
Pocket					--->	[email protected]_v1.0.5.xpi
Shield Recipe Client			--->	[email protected]_v55.1.xpi
Web Compat				--->	[email protected]_v1.1.xpi

That's a list of the features (addons preinstalled) with Firefox _v55.

It's an extract from the page "about:support" (or you can also check "about:debugging#addons").

On 7/8/2017 at 5:53 PM, vlefteriss said:

FT Deep Dark not working with 55.

It's working now. Try update

To disable only pingsender.exe use:

1: Open about:config

2: Find toolkit.telemetry.shutdownPingSender.enabled and change to false

To disable everything else is better to use:

ghacks-user.js

This applies to Firefox version 55 and above.

To give you the fastest and most reliable experience, Firefox automatically uses settings that work best with your computer. You can always change these settings in the General panel of your Firefox OptionsPreferences page by unchecking the box next to Use recommended performance settings and changing the following:

• Use hardware acceleration when available: This allows Firefox to use your computer's graphics processor, if possible, instead of the main processor, to display graphics-heavy web content such as videos or games. This frees up resources on your computer so it can run other applications, like Firefox, faster. This box is checked by default but the feature isn't available for all graphics processors. You must restart Firefox after changing this setting, before it will take effect.
  • Content process limit: With Multiprocess Firefox, also called electrolysis or e10s , Firefox runs web content for all tabs separately from the main Firefox process for increased security and performance. Using multiple content processes can further increase performance and minimize the impact of content process crashes. You can modify this setting if e10s is enabled; however, having too many content processes can slow down your computer, and consequently, Firefox. The recommended maximum is four, but you can set up to seven.

Firefox's performance settings | Firefox Help

I wasn't aware (that's right, the PingSender could be disable).

Do you know how to keep enable e10s (or restore it) ? How to prevent this strange Firefox behavior ? Because after a few restart, it was disable... and no, it didn't ask me anything (my own choice).

I just saw one warning about the Accessibility Tools. And once again, there is nothing in the article (none settings for the page "about:config").

On 8/8/2017 at 6:58 PM, vlefteriss said:
On 8/8/2017 at 4:38 PM, dcs18 said:

If Stylish continues to work on your copy, you can personalize the way you want your sites to appear — if not, the beta version of Stylish should do the job.

Thanks I have Stylish but I prefer the Dark background and white text addon.

Wonderful — but, you mentioned your add-on wasn't working, right? :blink:

6 hours ago, knowledge said:

my firewall blocks telemetry  ?

One can block telemetry (and analytics) using any firewall — I'm not referring merely to the browser, either (telemetry and analytics can be blocked from any operating system right up, to Windows 10.) B)

pref("browser.tabs.remote.autostart",true);
pref("browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2",true);
pref("browser.tabs.remote.force-enable",true);
pref("extensions.e10sBlockedByAddons",false);
pref("extensions.e10sBlocksEnabling",false);
pref("extensions.e10sMultiBlockedByAddons",false);
pref("extensions.e10sMultiBlocksEnabling",false);

Apparently, it won't be enough... Because it doesn't restore the right value for these settings :

pref("dom.ipc.processCount",1);
pref("dom.ipc.processCount.web",1);

At the first launch, you can check the value on the page "about:support". Perhaps the solution will be :

pref("accessibility.force_disabled",1);

For the moment, it isn't very clear (complete ? no tools neither a11y in the name ?) ...

Do you know how to create a .jsonlz4 file (not .html neither .json) ? Firefox doesn't have one function to recopy the folder bookmarkbackups ?

Yes the backup exist but it isn't always the latest one... Because I think there is a delay (about 1 or 2 days).

I know how to export my bookmarks but I'm wonder if Firefox has improved the process (like one hidden button or setting).

knowledge-Spammer

seems to be a little problem with right click on this version  i think or a little delay

Archived