The best antivirus software for Windows Home User

tao

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantomboxe

I used ESET product once before. Until i get scam by a Skype scam.  i noticed that she want me to pay online using my credit card.

So be careful guys if someone request you in skype don't accept it unless you know who that is.

I didn't used Eset till now feel bad for that product.

video sample:

1 hour ago, Phantomboxe said:

I used ESET product once before. Until i get scam by a Skype scam.  i noticed that she want me to pay online using my credit card.

So be careful guys if someone request you in skype don't accept it unless you know who that is.

I didn't used Eset till now feel bad for that product.

video sample:

Haha I used to get these a lot back in 2010 -2013, also on live messenger. some of they use bots and predict the most common replies so you won't feel so much weird. 

1 hour ago, Phantomboxe said:

These kind of scams are old as dirt and you can't blame this on  a AV  this is the end users fault for not  blocking  the person . I had someone try scam me kind of like this years ago on Yahoo .. they try to tell me that they would make me rich if I would pick up some money  for them but they needed my credit card  for some strange reason so i blocked it .  End of story  I think I was using Avast at the time. No Antivirus has ESP and knows if a person you're talking too on chat is a scam or not most of them have a  bot that make names. Only IM i use now days is open source encrypted chat  you can't talk too me unless you have it too and i give you the OK.

If really want the best and also the cheapest, use this. Works without any kind of crack, patch and registration key.

gripik11.jpg

Phantomboxe
14 minutes ago, steven36 said:

These kind of scams are old as dirt and you can't blame this on  a AV  this is the end users fault for not  blocking  the person . I had someone try scam me kind of like this years ago on Yahoo .. they try to tell me that they would make me rich if I would pick up some money  for them but they needed my credit card  for some strange reason so i blocked it .  End of story  I think I was using Avast at the time. No Antivirus has ESP and knows if a person you're talking too on chat is a scam or not most of them have a  bot that make names.

Right. after our offline chat in skype the bot send me a link to pay me if she want to show her nude photos. :D

Eset should give me a warning if that sites is malicious, even though i know that site is a scam.

23 minutes ago, Phantomboxe said:

Right. after our offline chat in skype the bot send me a link to pay me if she want to show her nude photos. :D

Eset should give me a warning if that sites is malicious, even though i know that site is a scam.

Spam is a big problem but never been a problem of mine, other than spamers cause vpn ips too get blacklisted and i have too keep a eye out too make sure my ip is not blacklisted use a  ip blacklist database list  or some dns that black list ips.  if someone you don't know sends you a link if  they don't have it no one will. I seen spam on this site before people joined and make up a fake antivirus site and try to sell keys even. all i had too was google the url  and i seen it was spam.

• Administrator

Notice the last in the performance. I wonder if that is the case for the firewall only too.

26 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Notice the last in the performance. I wonder if that is the case for the firewall only too.

2 things i see wrong with this test  is 1. there comparing  full featured security suites with a firewall against free antivirus programs and the outcome could dramatically change depending on witch firewall you decide too use with a Antivirus .  So this test is not fair in this respect ..2.Also the test was only ran on Windows 10 when more than half of windows users still are on windows7. :)

1 minute ago, 0bin said:

Specification "Standard PC": Intel Xeon X3360 @ 2,83GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD

Specification "High end PC": Intel i7 3770 @ 3,40GHz, 16 GB RAM, Samsung 512 GB SSD

Other test i seen like VB100 they test on windows 10 and windows 7 but there test is strange too why do list antivirus for Linux on some of them lol .

These tests is funny, Avira and AVG better protection than ESET ?!!

BitDefender is better performance than most products?!!

Every time i try BitDefender it slow down my system too much and if i want to use VM the system will freeze many times

ESET Performance is bad ?!!

10 minutes ago, 0bin said:

I look youtube reviewer for antivirus, and I personally test.

i look at reviews on YouTube  too by independent testers..  I dont trust none of these big test ..I never installed nothing based on them before if i did id be changing my AV every 90 days and have too spend a fortune in activation . I never even paid any mind too these test tell i came back here in 2014 and that's just because i see them posted here.

I vouch  for Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus + Windows Firewall Control

Preventative steps include using SpywareBlaster and Spybot S&D to "immunize" my PC

48 minutes ago, 0bin said:

The best things are the one you have experience with it, good combo :)

Webroot uses the least amount of memory when compared to the other options I liked. I've also had the least number of problems with Webroot. I purchased WFC about a week after its initial release and it was the best $10 I've spent. Very little resource usage, easy to configure, I love it.

I used Avast AV + Comodo firewall (free versions) for several years. Now, I only have Comodo firewall (free) + Microsoft defender, so far so good.

Phantomboxe
6 hours ago, BDX said:

Common Sense v2.4 is good enough. Windows Defender is pretty good too.

i've heard that common sense before but this kind of stuff is too quick and fast. not everyone have a good common sense like you when it comes to online security...

My friend told me about why his pc is getting ads and slow, and he cant work properly in his laptop. After i scan with Malwarebytes it found out so many adware and viruses. Also Antivirus w/o ad blocker like adblockplus and adguard is weak. this channel is very helpful to me The PC Security Channel [TPSC]

My ESET license will expire in a couple months but I have decided that I've had enough of ESET and their trash magical unicorn fake protection money making features. Every year they add more magical hogwash like claiming to protect my router and webcam while intercepting my ssl traffic just like a man in the middle virus. I am sure the next version of ESET will protect me from asteroids and safeguard my toaster but they could keep their trash and I will keep my money. It's reassuring that ESET advertises banking and payment protection by breaking ssl. The latest magical unicorn bullshit feature is the ability to encrypt all my photos so that nobody else can see them, how nice of them to fuck-over the file integrity of years of important family photos. Like a naive fool I went for the 2 year license so I am very happy it will soon be done. I will use Kaspersky instead.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, LeetPirate said:

My ESET license will expire in a couple months but I have decided that I've had enough of ESET and their trash magical unicorn fake protection money making features. Every year they add more magical hogwash like claiming to protect my router and webcam while intercepting my ssl traffic just like a man in the middle virus. I am sure the next version of ESET will protect me from asteroids and safeguard my toaster but they could keep their trash and I will keep my money. It's reassuring that ESET advertises banking and payment protection by breaking ssl. The latest magical unicorn bullshit feature is the ability to encrypt all my photos so that nobody else can see them, how nice of them to fuck-over the file integrity of years of important family photos. Like a naive fool I went for the 2 year license so I am very happy it will soon be done. I will use Kaspersky instead.

Interesting that. I wonder if the above applies only to SS or the AV too.

I think all AVs these days insert their own certificate to safeguard HTTPS, do not they do so.

I didn't start using security software until 2014

Before that, all I used was my common sense.

I didn't download anything unless I trusted the source, I never went to any websites that seemed "sketchy" or otherwise unreliable.

I've fixed a lot of computers and almost all of them were infected with some sort of virus or other malware. Here in the States, it seems like most users would get viruses because they were trying to do something illegal (like download music without paying for it) and had no clue how to do it safely.

Most of the culprit programs were P2P software and the user would search for something and download the first result without bothering to look at the file size and realize that the "movie" they just pirated is actually a tiny keylogger and not a 700MB+ video file.

Other times it wasn't even a virus that was the problem. Instead it was the user's fault because they decided to Google "pc tuneup" or something, download the first thing they see, install it and let the program include all the toolbars and junk, then they actually use the crapware to "purify" their registry or whatever it promises to do. Which obviously causes more issues. Now their computer is running very slowly, there's a bunch of popups, error messages, etc. But not because of a virus, no. Because the user is a fool.

If you want the best security setup, heed the advice of the users here on the forum. Listen to their stories and learn from their mistakes. Then go out and try some of the suggested programs, take a look at all the features and options each program has to offer, then decide for yourself. Take into consideration: cost, resource usage, level of protection. Don't overdo it, one real-time antivirus program + one firewall + one antispyware (optional) or combine all of them and get an Internet Security option such as 360 Total Security (just an example)

stylemessiah

Wheres the Most Overhyped AV chart

BitDefender would have to top that one...slow bloated POS

Archived