US-Banned Kaspersky Tops Windows 10 Enterprise Antivirus Test

tao

Kaspersky’s antivirus software has received the maximum points in the most recent Windows 10 antivirus tests performed by German labs AV-TEST, along with security products from Symantec and Trend Micro.

us-banned-kaspersky-tops-windows-10-ente

Kaspersky’s security products have recently been banned by the US government over concerns of possible ties with the Russian government, despite comments issued by the company denying any collaboration with state agencies.

And despite being banned by the US authorities, Kaspersky continues to be one of the top security vendors on the market, with both Endpoint Security and Small Office Security being rewarded with the maximum 18 points following their performance in protection, performance, and usability tests.

Symantec’s Endpoint Protection and Endpoint Protection Cloud also got the top score, just like Trend Micro’s Office Scan that received 6 out of 6 points for each of the three tests.

Microsoft gets the lowest score

Bitdefender, which continues to be one of the most powerful security vendors in the world, is also among the best, with its Endpoint Security solution getting 17.5 points, only one 0.5 points behind leader Kaspersky. Bitdefender got 6 points for protection and performance, but lost 0.5 points in usability.

As far as Microsoft’s very own System Center Endpoint Protection solution is concerned, it received just 14.5 points, which is the lowest score a security product got in the latest round of tests. Specifically, Microsoft’s tool received 5 points for protection and performance, and 4.5 points for usability. This means not only that it slows down the system, but it also let some malware samples pass through, which is worrying to say the least.

The only solution that also received the minimum 14.5 points score is F-Secure Client Security, which got 6 points for protection, but 4 and 4.5 points for performance and usability, respectively.

All these security products have been tested on Microsoft’s Windows 10 Creators Update, also known as version 1703, and which was released in April this year.

< Here >

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

Bullshit well known Western political publication, Russian goverment does it but USA or EU never does it they are as clean as a whistle right..! Take a hint how Microsoft accused of spying evert PS user and German intelligence accused of 'spying on USA'

I am not saying this cause I am Russian but Kaspersky has provided best protection to me than other Anti-Virus engine till now thats all I care about it, never listen what goverments or press dictated to believe.

It is true that Russian propaganda is so powerful that it is becoming more and more frequently the cause of death...
Even Kaspersky will not protect anyone from such death.

44 minutes ago, november_ra1n said:

Kaspersky has provided best protection.

Agreed. Kaspersky has proven itself. :dance2::win:

knowledge-Spammer
57 minutes ago, Kalju said:

It is true that Russian propaganda is so powerful that it is becoming more and more frequently the cause of death...
Even Kaspersky will not protect anyone from such death.

Russian propaganda is so powerful that it is becoming more and more frequently the cause of death >bs comment<

its all the time Russian propaganda

maybe usa want to ban Kaspersky  so  usa kids can hack russia and more maybe Kaspersky   helps stops  hackers  maybe its y Kaspersky   must go right ?

i have said this much time Kaspersky   is one of the best with no backdoors unlike norton

I've been using ESET NOD32/Smart Security for 10+ years now.    May finally give Kaspersky a go for a bit.  Is there any decent medicine/solution yet?

8 minutes ago, GRiM said:

Is there any decent medicine/solution yet?

There are OEM keys valid for at most 91 days . After that you need to use a " trial resetter " and you can use that key again and so on......eventually until the key will become blacklisted ( this it will not happen often with oem keys )

The bad thing is that the developer of the " trial reset " app. announced that the app. will not be developed it further after december, 2017.

Take a look here for more details.

Used Kaspersky in the past, maybe I will try new versions when I will have some time, but , lately , I do not like any av...:P

There is an old saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  So while some people may see the ban as over reacting, it is in essence the ounce of prevention.  From the standpoint that every update would need to be audited before applying is not feasible.  It is also known that the Russian government can be high handed, in that they force their people to toe whichever line the Kremlin finds appropriate on any given day.  So Kaspersky could be forced to include, for lack of a better term, malware, into his AV software.  Saying he would never do that doesn't cut it, because if someone was holding a gun to my head, I would do whatever I needed to do to survive.  FYI, the ban goes farther than just the government.  Any entity that wants to do business with the government has to be verified that none of their systems are running Kaspersky.  Software has been deployed that detects Kaspersky on attached systems, including cellphones, and immediately bans them from the network.  The government is taking this all very seriously.  Again, back to the ounce of prevention.  Or as others use to say, once the horse is out of the barn it is to late to lock him in.  That may not make much sense to non english speaking people, but it means the same as the ounce of prevention, just something from my grandfather's era.

23 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

There is an old saying  ... That may not make much sense to non [E]nglish speaking people...

There is a very old saying that may not make much sense to English-speaking people,  "jiski laathi tiski bhains", which supersedes all precautions one may take.

It means (although it lacks its original beauty): The one with the sticks owns the water buffalo. That is, the powerful gets everything.  That is, might is always right. That's no blame attaches to the one in power.

Also, we all know, the powerful today is the powerless of tomorrow and vice versa.

Hence the only "ounce of precaution" is to let live and live (because nothing lasts and what goes around comes around).   (And this applies to rich, poor, touchable, not-touchable, untouchable, indeed every living being on our shared earth). 

:love:

Archived