LINKIN PARK VOCALIST CHESTER BENNINGTON DEAD AT 41 after Suicide

Myna

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

The band has had a string of hits over the years, including "Faint," "In the End" and "Crawling." Linkin Park crossed music genres, collaborating with Jay-Z.

The band's album, "Meteora," was one of the biggest alternative albums in music history.

Bennington was 41.

RIP

Source: http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington has been found dead. He was 41.

TMZ reports he "hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County."

He is survived by his wife Talinda Ann, six children and his first wife, Samantha Marie Olit.

He and his Linkin Park bandmates revolutionised heavy music back in the early 2000s with their hugely successful, influential albums 'Hybrid Theory' and 'Meteora' being followed up by the hugely successful 'Minutes To Midnight', 'A Thousand Suns', 'Living Things' and 'The Hunting Party'.

The band also released new album 'One More Light' earlier this year.

"[One day in the studio] I was like, ‘Do you guys really want to fucking know what my day has been like?’ And someone was like, ‘Yes’. And I just came out and said some pretty fucking hardcore stuff.

"Somebody very close to me had tried to kill themselves, and I was dealing with the aftermath of that. Their lives are going to be different from that point on. They were like, ‘Damn...’," he told Rock Sound in March.

"I relate to that. And what’s crazy is that after seeing someone I care about go through that, the fact that I wanted to do that myself freaks me out, because it’s horrible.

"We got into that, and we started thinking about how we get stuck in these behaviours and patterns or how we can get trapped in our own stuff, and boom - we started writing a song. By the end of the day we had a song that everyone could relate to, that everyone felt comfortable with and everyone felt like they had this relief."

Source 

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/linkin-park-vocalist-chester-bennington-dead-at-41?utm_content=bufferc6b7a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Not dead, "suicide" . unbelievable...why the fuck did he do that, I've been a big fan of him since in 2007. this is the end of Linkinpark. all good bands are either dying or committing suicide, so stupid. first David Gold died (some say it was suicide) and Woods of Y'pers dismantled, now Chester and bye bye Linkinpark. no I'm not judging him, whatever problems, "whatever" situation he was in, suicide wasn't the solution......

@saeed_dc

Death is death is one how it is achieved
Suicide is the worst and worst act of a human being than to divorce man if he is strong then almost nothing suicide him or if he is not so strong

One of the motto of special forces  is Dum Spiro Spero fight to the last moment as long as possible

Phantomboxe
5 hours ago, Batu69 said:

Kurt Cobain suicide too. Jon Nödtveidt suicide too. And they all suicide.

So, suicide is not shocking story in the musician world and they all will remembered as legend for their fans :rockon:

But will become shocking story in world of their fans.

so is Chris Cornell too. He's one of Chester bestfriend. Cornell suffered from depression and substance abuse problems. He died by suicide in his Detroit hotel room early on the morning of May 18, 2017, after performing at a Soundgarden concert the night before.

14 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

Not dead, "suicide" . unbelievable...why the fuck did he do that, I've been a big fan of him since in 2007. this is the end of Linkinpark. all good bands are either dying or committing suicide, so stupid. first David Gold died (some say it was suicide) and Woods of Y'pers dismantled, now Chester and bye bye Linkinpark. no I'm not judging him, whatever problems, "whatever" situation he was in, suicide wasn't the solution......

You can say that because you never deal with depression or know someone who clinically depressed. Please don't take it so lightly. If you know someone around you seemingly depressed or even have suicidal thought, help them.

1 hour ago, trufpal said:

You can say that because you never deal with depression or know someone who clinically depressed. Please don't take it so lightly. If you know someone around you seemingly depressed or even have suicidal thought, help them.

how do you know that about me? the answer is: you don't. so don't talk about something you don't know.

6 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

how do you know that about me? the answer is: you don't. so don't talk about something you don't know.

Then i can say the same for you. How did you know about Chester's condition prior his decision to end his life? How could you judge someone you know nothing about?

Just now, trufpal said:

Then i can say the same for you. How did you know about Chester's condition prior his decision to end his life? How could you judge someone you know nothing about?

it's not the same. I've had hard times too and suicide is not the solution whatsoever. whatever condition he could possibly have, it won't justify suicide. it's just his weakness. period

2 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

it's not the same. I've had hard times too and suicide is not the solution whatsoever. whatever condition he could possibly have, it won't justify suicide. it's just his weakness. period

It's not simply about hard times. People who have suicidal thoughts have mental illnesses to begin with.

Seems you took my earlier comment wrongly. I'm not even arguing whether suicide is a solution or not. I'm just trying to point out that depression and mental illnesses shouldn't be taken lightly. We can help them and save their life.

Hacker Targets CHESTER BENNINGTON's Widow Hours After Singer's Suicide

In the tweets, which have since been deleted, someone posting as Talinda Bennington "confessed" that she was cheating on her husband with band member Mike Shinoda.

"I guess this is the time to say it but I have been cheating on Chester with Mike Shinoda....," the hacker wrote. "I never really loved him and I'm not hacked I just was in love with the money hurts to say," the hacker said in another tweet.

The last tweet said the account was "not hacked." "I never really loved him and I'm not hacked I just was in love with the money hurts to say (sic)," the post read.

• Administrator

Some posts removed. I'm not going to spare good posts if they contain personal abuses like this. Everyone is requested to not hurt anyone's feelings and show some respect to each other here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived