Something went wrong: Error Code 0xa00f4271 (0x8007001f)

TecMan

Hi Friends:

I have a notebook Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 with Windows 10 Creators and the camera comes integrated on top of the screen. As I originally had Windows 7, the camera and skype worked 100%.

Now I'm struggling, since running the camera app, I have the following error message:

Something went wrong

if you need it, here is your error code: 0xa00f4271 (0x8007001f)

Can you help me please to fix the problem? What do you recommend me?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

TecMan

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VIKTOR PAVEL
41 minutes ago, TecMan said:

Hi Friends:

I have a notebook Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 with Windows 10 Creators and the camera comes integrated on top of the screen. As I originally had Windows 7, the camera and skype worked 100%.

Now I'm struggling, since running the camera app, I have the following error message:

Something went wrong

if you need it, here is your error code: 0xa00f4271 (0x8007001f)

Can you help me please to fix the problem? What do you recommend me?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

TecMan

try this may be work

open regedit

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Windows Media Foundation

- click right on Platform

- click New->DWORD VALUE

- change name New Value into EnableFrameServerMode

- close regedit and see (may be reboot require)

4 hours ago, knowledge said:

Hi 0bin:

Thanks for your reply...and here in the photo for my Driver Details:

there is not file stream.sys

What next?

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-19 at 09.35.07.jpeg

3 hours ago, VIKTOR PAVEL said:

try this may be work

open regedit

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Windows Media Foundation

- click right on Platform

- click New->DWORD VALUE

- change name New Value into EnableFrameServerMode

- close regedit and see (may be reboot require)

VIKTOR PAVEL

Thanks for your reply and I tried this trick, unfortunately it did not work.

What next?

2 hours ago, 0bin said:

Hi 0bin:

I ran the qx33v290 file...and installed perfectly, however, after installation, continued with the same error when using the camera.

What next?

TecMan

2 hours ago, 0bin said:

One another thing, you did clean install or upgrade? If was mine I will do a clean install on the laptop and see what drivers are downloaded for the device, if then the driver for webcam doesn't work I will do some research.

Also check you don't have blocked the access to webcam with third party software like this video show.

Hi 0bin:

My Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 has a Windows 10 Creators clean installation.

What next?

TecMan

Hi Friends:

I just installed the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 and I had to disable the USB2.0 UVC Webcam (webcam in-build of my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880).

After the trick EnableFrameServerMode...it's working great my C920!!!

What do you think, the webcam in-build is broken? of just need to find the trick for this webcam?

TecMan

• Administrator

Has to be some sort of driver issue if you ask me here. I can see no driver for it is available for your model on the site. It's likely that the driver that has come with the OS is causing problems here.

10 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Has to be some sort of driver issue if you ask me here. I can see no driver for it is available for your model on the site. It's likely that the driver that has come with the OS is causing problems here.

As if that is a surprise.  I really want to be a wise ass and tell him his problem is Windows 10, but that would be the truth.  Instead of going through a nut roll here and asking for help I would have contacted the laptop manufacturer first and Microsoft second.  If they don't have a solution then I would have reached out to see if there was a 'trick' to fix it.  Otherwise it is something you will have to live with.

Hi Obin: Thanks for your help....let me give you my answers to your questions...

You bios is latest one? I installed qx33v290 and bios is version 2.9
webcam-20101126091247 installed? Yes, install this application, but the error continues.
ave you tried with a reliable third party driver updater like sdi_origin to see what is detected for webcam? Apparently the webcam is running with another application and does not let enter the application that I am running ... for example the camera of windows 10. The point is that I could not identify which is the application that is running the webcam. The funny thing is that the C920 when connected in the USB, works to 100%.
Just to be sure, you didn't blocked Webcam access with any third party software yes? Like Kaspersky, ShutUp10, or the Windows menu?  In all applications, I am allowed to use the webcam, none is blocking it.

What next? :)

Hi 0bin:

I have decided to stop insisting on enabling the internal webcam of my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 with Windows 10 Creators.

Fortunately, the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 is running at 100%.

I am convinced that the internal webcam of my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 can not be enabled with Windows 10 Creators.

Thanks for all the help you gave me.

Regards,

TecMan

Archived