Welcome to nsane.forums

Welcome to nsane.forums, like most online communities you need to register to view parts of our community or to make contributions, but don't worry: this is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of nsane.forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Access special members only forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Batu69

Microsoft cuts off Windows 10 support early for some PCs

5 posts in this topic

BAHAHA  the closer it gets too  2020 and they can impose buying windows and new PCs from the end of updates on Windows 7  on everyone it's going too  get worse ..People will end up like XP with no updates.. The more Windows 10 updates the more it will break on old  hardware .. You can only get updates for any General Release of windows 10 for 18 mths.  so if they call you're  hardware you're just screwed and you will  need too install windows 8.1 ,Linux  or buy new hardware in 18 mths or when ever updates runs out for that version.. if you want updates.   Windows have always been for profit software and nothing  is really free forever even if you pirate  with them changing businesses over to rentware  they could kill  these old methods of activating windows that been around since Windows 7 sp1 anytime.   .. :)

If your PC was originally designed for Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and the manufacturer doesn't officially support it for Windows 10, you're at risk.

My Dell witch is supported with Windows 10 should be OK it still has Windows 10 on it.  and my Gateway witch came with Windows 8 and not supported  I put Windows 8.1  back on it and it will be OK I guess .

Edited by steven36
3 people liked / thanked this

ROFLMFMFAO!!  So much for updating to Windows 10.  No difference between running Windows 7 or 8.1 without updates and running Windows 10 without updates.  They have already shown that 10 isn't secure and they can't secure it.  They even had to release fixes in July for the updates they released in June that broke things.  I put windows 7 or 8.1 on everything anyway and have been buying new laptops with 8.1 on them thru business channels.  I don't care if Microsoft supports it or not.  Most of the time their support is like having none anyway.  Looks like the beta testing of Windows 10 will be continuing for a couple of years.  I was holding out for Windows 11, but think I will wait for Windows 12 now.  

1 person liked / thanked this

I don't understand what you're talking about m8? Ether you're PC has windows 10 support or it don't .  If it don't  and they blacklist you're hardware you can always install windows 7 back on old hardware and get updates tell January 14, 2020  .. Windows 7 keys still work . OEM windows 8.1 is more tricky you can get the key from the BIOS it just depends on what version of Windows 8.1 it came with . If it was a normal version or windows 8 it's all good .. But if it came with Windows 8.1 with Bing  then you have too find it on P2P and I think MDL forums has it .  Then you're good for updates tell January 10, 2023 on old hardware. Millions of people done installed Windows 10  so it's too late too say so much for it .

Edited by steven36
1 person liked / thanked this

This happened because of CPU being outdated not because there using the free upgrade.  The cpu being outdated and causing problems with the operating system is not new yet it being posted as new news.