Windows 10's next feature update to be called the 'Autumn Creators Update' in some countries

CrAKeN

windows-10-hero-05_story.jpg

Back in May, Microsoft announced that the next major update to Windows 10 would be called the "Fall Creators Update". While the name isn't exactly what one would call "imaginative", it coincided with update's release schedule, which is September 2017.

However, it now appears that the feature update won't be known by the same name globally. In fact, it will be released as the "Autumn Creators Update" in some countries.

As spotted by Windows Central, Microsoft has quietly changed instances of "Fall Creators Update" to "Autumn Creators Update" on its dedicated page in the UK (photo below).

1500224316_capture.jpg

While the change isn't radical, it certainly makes sense because the fall season is more commonly known as "autumn" in the UK - as well as some other parts of the globe. Currently, other regional Microsoft websites, including those in Australia, New Zealand and India are reflecting the change as well. On the other hand, it appears that the US, Canada, and some other countries will be retaining the originally-announced moniker.

The upcoming feature update is purported to sport the "1709" version number. It will also feature accessibility improvements, hardened security, enhancements to Windows AutoPilot management tools, and Microsoft account recovery directly via the lock screen.

Source

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would just fix the bugs instead of adding features.  Until then, I stick with win 8.1.

Not that the name is a big deal but for the people down under in Australia....Wasn't 1703 their fall/autumn creators update since it is currently Winter there??

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I wish they would just fix the bugs instead of adding features.  Until then, I stick with win 8.1.

No problems at all here at Windows 10 Enterprise x64 ^_^

I don't have any problems with windows 10, been using since it came out.

Not everyone has the same hardware or drivers for that matter.  Seems HP has more issues with win10 then any other oem from what I have read.  Having win10 is not a necessity for me anyways.

57 minutes ago, jdawg334 said:

Not that the name is a big deal but for the people down under in Australia....

The name is somehow wrong for every English user on the planet outside the US and Canada. The entire Southern hemisphere's seasons run opposite to the Northern hemisphere, and the rest of the Northern hemisphere know the season as autumn. :)

Now we just got to get Microsoft to add an apostrophe...

Microsoft wants our kids to use Windows 10 S, and they demonstrate they nothing about internationalisation. :rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, jdawg334 said:

Wasn't 1703 their fall/autumn creators update since it is currently Winter there??

Spot on. Brrrrrrrr........... :)

Not everyone has the same hardware or drivers for that matter.  Seems HP has more issues with win10 then any other oem from what I have read.  Having win10 is not a necessity for me anyways.

PC is not console, you can buy your own hardware and put them together, no need to buy a premade system with preinstalled software cuz that's the time when you get problems

Archived