Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.7.13

jalaffa

Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a rewritten version of Windows Media Player 6 which was then open sourced and released under the GNU GPL. The interface is similar to the MS original but is a little more up-to-date, XP friendly, comes with some more advanced features, and doesn't have the annoyances of the original. But probably the best thing about this player is the range of formats it supports. It'll play just about anything you throw at it, whether it's an MP3, an Ogg, a WMA, even a QuickTime file. Media Player Classic - Home Cinema application was designed to be a Media Player Classic but for home cinema usage.

Thanks to MKVlover for the update.

Download

• Replies 20
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, looks like this most likely is the last build of MPC-HC. Other than MPC-BE, is there any other worthwhile all-around media player that is worth installing on Windows platform? On Linux, MPV is a new rising media player which is vastly superior to VLC.

21 minutes ago, oliverjia said:

Damn, looks like this most likely is the last build of MPC-HC. Other than MPC-BE, is there any other worthwhile all-around media player that is worth installing on Windows platform? On Linux, MPV is a new rising media player which is vastly superior to VLC.

MPC-BE is good. The one thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't automatically resize the player when you open a movie. MPC-HC resizes the window when you open a movie.

27 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

MPC-BE is good. The one thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't automatically resize the player when you open a movie. MPC-HC resizes the window when you open a movie.

MPC-BE can resize player window automatically. You just need to set it up from the options.

19 minutes ago, tigerjack said:

Maybe I misunderstood.....then what is this version?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/

It works but some says it's inferior compared to its linux build. Particularly in my own experience is the hardware acceleration. Sometimes the hw acceleration is glitched and provide unexpected results. Not sure if it's just my system.

I like the configurability and its extensibility with lua scripts though. Been using it for few months and i feel comfortable with it.

34 minutes ago, trufpal said:

It works but some says it's inferior compared to its linux build. Particularly in my own experience is the hardware acceleration

Same here on W7 Pro 32bit, better SMPlayer

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

If it does not resize the player automatically, one can configure it to do so — MPC-BE does everything that MPC-HC can do (and more.) B)

SacredCultivator

I've been using MPC-HC for quite a long time now. I think I didn't swap to MPC-BE mainly because it wasn't as updated as often as MPC-HC, something in me just likes things updated (frequently), but I do like black, so I think swapping to BE won't be a huge issue. And yes it definitely offers a few new things (like Resizers).

4 hours ago, dcs18 said:

If it does not resize the player automatically, one can configure it to do so — MPC-BE does everything that MPC-HC can do (and more.) B)

How do I do that?

VIKTOR PAVEL
1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

How do I do that?

before

image.png

open player - go into VIEW - OPTIONS

image.png

check PlayBack - Output - Auto-zoom - APPLY

after

image.png

if when playback you click right mouse inside video you can resize 100% but only current file - not retain setting

image.png

method above retain setting (options-auto-zoom....)

7 hours ago, Knightmare said:
11 hours ago, dcs18 said:

How do I do that?

In addition to the informational post by VIKTOR, you might want to take a look at this conversation — frankly, I'm not gonna miss MPC-HC (actually replaced it with MPC-BE long time ago.) :wub:

15 hours ago, trufpal said:

It works but some says it's inferior compared to its linux build. Particularly in my own experience is the hardware acceleration. Sometimes the hw acceleration is glitched and provide unexpected results. Not sure if it's just my system.

Actually SMPlayer is a front end for MPV  on windows so if you use SMPlayer on windows you're using MPV.  It's not that it's any better on Linux it's just most windows users are use too having a GUI  with all the settings  .. MPV settings except for the very basic ones are command line,  if you dont want too fool with  command line and want a GUI this is were SMPlayer comes into play on Windows or Linux it just being a front end for MPV .

Another thing  you don't have no proprietary players much on Linux like you have on windows and there is no open source MPC-HC  or MPC-BE even . Players on windows are a dime a dozen . MPC-BE has a strong following on windows  so do VLC  and PotPlayer. If there would  of been a MPC-HC on Linux most likely it would of kept going longer but MPC-BE is just a fork  of it anyways . I seen a lot of open source projects on Windows for some very good software you can't get on Linux die out.

It's not very hard too fork open source apps like the X Apps on Linux mint are just  a fork of Gnome apps with better features . MPV is just a fork of Mplayer. Some people on Linux rather use  MPlayer because of MPV are in the process of changing licensing  and really if I use SMPlayer with MPlayer instead of MPV on Linux I don't see very much difference. .

But  if you read here MPV  on Windows or MAC OS  is really a step up from MPlayer

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/mplayer-changes.rst

Reading over here some of you may not like MPC-BE as much as you think you will some have problems with it crashing on them

https://hardforum.com/threads/mpc-hc-is-officially-dead.1939857/

I cant confirm this but then again i use special builds of MPC-BE made for Shark007 codec packs.

2 hours ago, steven36 said:

Actually SMPlayer is a front end for MPV  on windows so if you use SMPlayer on windows you're using MPV.  It's not that it's any better on Linux it's just most windows users are use too having a GUI  with all the settings  .. MPV settings except for the very basic ones are command line,  if you dont want too fool with  command line and want a GUI this is were SMPlayer comes into play on Windows or Linux it just being a front end for MPV .

Another thing  you don't have no proprietary players much on Linux like you have on windows and there is no open source MPC-HC  or MPC-BE even . Players on windows are a dime a dozen . MPC-BE has a strong following on windows  so do VLC  and PotPlayer. If there would  of been a MPC-HC on Linux most likely it would of kept going longer but MPC-BE is just a fork  of it anyways . I seen a lot of open source projects on Windows for some very good software you can't get on Linux die out.

It's not very hard too fork open source apps like the X Apps on Linux mint are just  a fork of Gnome apps with better features . MPV is just a fork of Mplayer. Some people on Linux rather use  MPlayer because of MPV are in the process of changing licensing  and really if I use SMPlayer with MPlayer instead of MPV on Linux I don't see very much difference. .

But  if you read here MPV  on Windows or MAC OS  is really a step up from MPlayer

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/mplayer-changes.rst

I know, i just don't like SMPlayer. AFAIK it doesn't use mpv engine by default. Plus i imagine the issue would still persist on SMPlayer since they don't build the mpv engine themselves.

So far i'm happy with mpv build by lachs0r. It satisfy all my need after I added youtube-dl and streamlink.

Oh, and no. We don't need to fiddle with command prompt. We can create config file and use batch they provided to make file association. Their wiki is very useful and quite easy to understand. I just hope they'll be able to fix hw accel on windows in the future.

1 hour ago, trufpal said:

I know, i just don't like SMPlayer. AFAIK it doesn't use mpv engine by default. Plus i imagine the issue would still persist on SMPlayer since they don't build the mpv engine themselves.

So far i'm happy with mpv build by lachs0r. It satisfy all my need after I added youtube-dl and streamlink.

Yes it  uses mpv by default now on Windows unless you're on Windows XP  you can switch it too mplayer if you like though just the thing is MPV gets updated more and you can update it yourself in SMPLayer. Only thing i don't like about SMPlayer  is it's default skin  so i downloaded me a pack of skins and changed  it same as some dont like it on Linux because of it's default skin and I changed it on Linux to match my OS too. I use just  plain MPV as portable quite a lot for streaming videos on Windows and Linux with Youtube-DL  and  Watch with MPV Add-on for Firefox  .  I have MPC BE , SMPLayer, PowerDVD and Potplayer installed and  others as portable but i mostly just  use Potplayer blocked with a firewall for local storage and MPV to stream on Windows. On Linux I just use SMPLayer and MPV..  I never liked VLC ever.

SMPLayer didn't build Mplayer Engine ether  and it's not the only frontend for MPV and Mplayer ether , The only one was better that i tested was bomi on Linux and the dev vanished and were it is not really a frontend but a fork of MPV  development has stopped.. So it dont work for HW acceleration on newer Distros like MPV does..  Other frontends like Gnome MPV have very little features and some of the ones they do have are broke so you may as well use just plain MPV  than use it . But SMPlayer makes MPV full featured  without having too fool with command line and every thing works as smooth as silk. 

As far as MPC-HC it will keep working even if they invent some kind of new video format you can just use it with a codec pack.

sirmonkey1985

the only big things that have been updated for a while is the LAV filter versions which you can download yourself and install so it's not going to outright kill mpc-hc anytime soon. but yeah it's sad to see development has stopped, been using mpc since 2005 and mpc-hc since v1 in 2006. it wouldn't surprise me if some one ends up picking it up and continuing it but we'll see.

https://hardforum.com/threads/mpc-hc-is-officially-dead.1939857/#post-1043113622

• Administrator

I wonder if codec packs are going to replace it too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived