Microsoft has decided to layoff thousands of jobs

humble3d

Microsoft has decided to layoff thousands of jobs

Microsoft on Wednesday announced a major restructuring that will layoff thousands of jobs there, according to CNBC.

The New York Times on Thursday reported that the cuts will trim Microsoft’s marketing and sales organizations, impacting employees mostly outside the U.S.

A person familiar with the tech company’s plans told The Times that the overall job losses worldwide will probably range from 3,000 to 4,000 roles.

Microsoft has 121,000 employees around the globe, according to CNBC, with about 71,000 of those workers based in America.

Some Twitter users on Thursday expressed disappointment in the news, which was reportedly delivered to affected Microsoft employees that day.
Advertisement

“Today, we are taking steps to notify some employees that their jobs are under consideration or that their positions will be eliminated,” a Microsoft spokesman told CNBC Thursday.

“Like all companies, we evaluate our business on a regular basis. This can result in increased investment in some places and, from time-to-time, re-deployment in others.”

CNBC reported that Microsoft is specifically revamping how it sells Azure, it’s cloud-services product.

Microsoft’s cloud business has swelled in recent quarters, with the company purportedly noting a 93 percent growth in Azure sales last quarter.

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/06/scitech/microsoft-will-layoff-jobs-in-the-thousands

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thousands of Layoffs = Major Corp. Restructuring.

Restructuring in the Lives of thousands Employees, too.

Former employees will see their lives turned upside-down.

15 hours ago, dufus said:

Fed's Yellen expects no new financial crisis in 'our lifetimes'.

Actually, Pinocchio has been more reliable than her. :tooth:

On 7/16/2017 at 8:35 AM, pc71520 said:

Thousands of Layoffs = Major Corp. Restructuring.

Restructuring in the Lives of thousands Employees, too.

Former employees will see their lives turned upside-down.

It is sad, but business is business.

3 hours ago, vitorio said:

but business is business.

And Corporate Greed is Greed.

First, Corporations squeeze Employees out,

and then,

Corporations lay Employees off.

11 hours ago, virge said:

I'm waiting for Amazon to buy Microsoft.

If you can wait a little longer, I can buy MS. :lol:

4 hours ago, pc71520 said:

Is Amazon any better? :think:

Amazon is growing into an unstoppable monster. Now that they own Whole Foods, will expand into other markets where they see the opportunity to crush the other guy. Amazon even has its own planes and trucks for delivery, soon to no longer need FedEX/UPS. 

1 hour ago, pc71520 said:

And Corporate Greed is Greed.

First, Corporations squeeze Employees out,

and then,

Corporations lay Employees off.

Maybe if they do not do that the competition is going to prevail. If this happen then thousands of people around the word are going to be layoff.

If they restructure they can keep competing  and at the long run the employ opportunities are going to increase again, eventually, I hope.

22 hours ago, vitorio said:

In the long run, the employment opportunities are going to increase again, eventually, I hope.

This what Corporations want everybody to believe. ;)

Just an excuse for temporarily justifying Lay-offs which will be more and more intense,

as more and more Blue & White-Collar workers will be substituted by Robots (Artificial Intelligence). :yes:

Robots have been taking jobs every since the early 2000s  I remember them replacing jobs as far back as 17 years ago .. But these are sales jobs no AI can sale you windows in person but you can order it online without  sales . The reason for them laying off sales people is because there going stop  selling windows to businesses .. There going  too rent there products  $20 a month for office and Windows  .

In reference to "This what Corporations want everybody to believe" . This are two options to believe, I suppose that each one has its supporters. I still believe in what corporations say, even if there are not saints.

In reference to "more Blue & White-Collar workers will be substituted by Robots (Artificial Intelligence)" no one can stop this. The ones that stay behind, the competition is going to prevail due lower cost of production and also the consumers are going to prefer then base on quality and lower price (lower production cost)

They are still customers that favor less automation and willing to pay higher price but not sufficient to cover the cost of production and eventually the commerce disappear from the market.

Eventually this thecnologies are going to create new types of jobs. Of course we need to be prepare for them and learned to adapt to them.

Microsoft’s new 365 is an all-in-one software bundle — but there’s a catch

Microsoft on Monday introduced a new product that combines its best software products in to one. It’s called Microsoft 365, but don’t rush to get your wallets just yet.

Microsoft 365 targets businesses, so you won’t find it in consumer electronics stores. The bundle includes Windows 10, Office 365, and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and will come in two versions including Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Microsoft 365 Business.

Microsoft 365 Enterprises targets large organizations, and it has two options, including E3 and E5, that will be available for preorder on August 1st.

If you own a small-to-medium size business, then Microsoft 365 Business is for you. The bundle supports up to 300 users and integrates Office 365 Business Premium — Office 365 Enterprise is paired with the Enterprise offers.

Microsoft 365 Business debuts in public preview on August 2nd, and will launch worldwide this fall for $20 per user per month.

Small-to-medium customers will also get three new apps in their Office 365 Business Premium pack, including Microsoft Listings (email marketing service), Microsoft Connections (publish information on top sites), and Microsoft Invoicing (professional invoices). Microsoft’s mileage tracking app MileIQ will also be included in this plan.

Microsoft will talk about all these software products during its Inspire partner conference on Monday. Additionally, Microsoft will also launch a cloud product called Azure Stack at the event, with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella taking the stage to present updates on Microsoft’s plans for the future.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/microsoft-365-one-software-bundle-catch-003232463.html

• 8 months later...

It appears that Microsoft is letting go of employees in its move to use more "contract" labor from around the globe.

On 19/7/2017 at 3:24 PM, vitorio said:

Eventually this technologies are going to create new types of jobs.

Are you sure that these new types of jobs will be for the Humans? :think:

The Artificial Intelligence will largely take over most of what used to be Human Labor...;)

8 hours ago, pc71520 said:

The Artificial Intelligence will largely take over most of what used to be Human Labor...;)

Maybe!!!?

1 hour ago, pc71520 said:

I wish I could share your optimism...;)

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward. :smartass:

On 17/07/2017 at 8:29 AM, pc71520 said:

Actually, Pinocchio has been more reliable than her. :tooth:

and actually she certainly only have some very few years if not only months to live....

Seattle sucks anyway,  it's only sunny like 50 days a year and one day and earthquake is going to wipe it off the  map and take M$ and there robots with it .  Who would want to live there anyway?   :tooth:

monstertruckpa

by one part it was an intelligent move, in another it was detrimental for people dependant of Job positions, I think the people who work for them should be trained again, there is not good support and the errors in the software are irretrievable for example (netfmwk & vcredist), they continue with the urge to develop ugly apps and migration its software to clouds, nothing that microsoft does is important to me if it's about things connected online, they can not make their customers happy since windows 10 was born. No one of big corporations is taking a good path. little by little people are learning to use linux, then when will existing more programs in unix a lot of people will say goodbye. I just need my computer to pass text, see local multimedia video and photos, and navigate with a good browser. Linux has all of that and each new version is more comfortable than early..

monstertruckpa
On 3/21/2018 at 4:01 AM, pc71520 said:

cwKhq1VLAAjLnUS3.gif

6 hours ago, steven36 said:

Seattle sucks anyway,  it's only sunny like 50 days a year and one day and earthquake is going to wipe it off the  map and take M$ and there robots with it .  Who would want to live there anyway?   :tooth:

:blink: Popular saying:

"for taste colors they were made"

Archived