Trump administration considering government-wide ban on popular Russian software

tao

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

Well if you not talking about Kapserky you're off topic  and I'm trying stay on topic witch this topic it's about trade with Russia and Kaspersky ... And if you can't stay on topic and want too start another topic go post a new topic but that don't mean ill be there because it may not interest. me :P

I don't know about that, I just quoted you and replied to it, no my problem if it was off topic. 

I'll miss you :o

• Replies 28
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

I don't know about that, I just quoted you and replied to it, no my problem if it was off topic. 

I'll miss you :o

This security  and privacy and the Government done this for there own interest and really  it looks like Trump done as little as he could it could of been much worse so it's really over hyped... We used Kaspersky for years done banking under it and everything  never had a problem...I stop using it for another reason it became too bloated for me ..

4 hours ago, steven36 said:

This security  and privacy and the Government done this for there own interest and really  it looks like Trump done as little as he could it could of been much worse so it's really over hyped... We used Kaspersky for years done banking under it and everything  never had a problem...I stop using it for another reason it became too bloated for me ..

over hyped yup agreed. 

I only use the Internet security version, it just comes with hotspot shield which i uninstall it after the setup.

16 hours ago, steven36 said:

All the antivirus in the world can't save you from hacked hardware

if they wanted too backdoor the Govt they  would more likely do it this way not through Security products.

The same principle with Software stands for Hardware:

the U.S. Government need to use ONLY products coming from U.S. vendors with the Highest Security Clearance.

16 hours ago, steven36 said:

And Kaspersky is not  a Shady Chinese Security firm they are known too be better than Symantec

why do you think the GOVT  was using them instead to began with?

I know that Kaspersky is Not a Chinese Security software vendor.

Kaspersky has been more effective than Symantec, but it belongs to a U.S. competitor; Russia.

The conflict of interest, here, is more than obvious...

My remark had to do with the U.S. firms who have outsourced their production to Chinese firms

when some of these firms have Shady business practices, are involved in industrial espionage etc.

Archived