uTorrent settings

Rok

Can anyone share settings to disable upload in uTorrent when downloading a torrent file. I've current applied the following settings, still when the upload is happening:

global Upload rate limiting : 1kB

no of upload slots : 0

transfer cap upload : 1MB

seeding global - all three under : 0

Limit the upload rate to kB : 0

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

i think u cant do as u want  as utorrent works this way  things can be done to help but in the end it will slow down  downloading  ?

broascadilie

Ditch utorrent.qBittorrent, is BEST !

• Administrator

Almost a decade ago, I had asked the same question. I was relatively new to torrenting at that time. Then, someone explained me the importance of seeding, on how filesharing works by sharing, not just downloading. If no one did the seeding, there would not be many torrents to download from. After that, inspite of limited internet at that time, I used to make sure that I seeded a file atleast still 1 full ratio, sometimes till 2 ratio. While I do not torrent much now and inspite of relatively slow internet, my torrent's seed ratio might put some fast internet users to shame, as I still believe in the advice once given to me.

One can understand the reasons behind your request, some of it is answered already, but please do not forget the basics of filesharing and try to keep it going whenever it's possible to do so.

VIKTOR PAVEL

Normally, on Utorrent, files begin seeding as soon as they are finished downloading. When using Utorrent, you are downloading by receiving fragments of a file (or files) from other users. That said, seeding can be considered as you contributing to the sharing of these fragments, thus making it easier for others to download.

Torrent Tracker List July 2017 (236+ Trackers) to Increase Download Speed

http://www.torrenttrackerlist.com/torrent-tracker-list/

i dont try this coz

1- download/seed is satisfy me in my utorrent - download @max speed / seed @20ko max

2- i dont torrent much a lot

I too don't do much torrent, but at times, when I am downloading a torrent,, due to slow speed, the download happens only at few kBs, while upload happens much faster,. In order to test, if stopping upload can make any difference in downloading, I was trying to make some settings change.

VIKTOR PAVEL
19 minutes ago, Rok said:

the download happens only at few kBs, while upload happens much faster,

depend on seeders - some torrents are slow coz no much seeders

but if you have ALWAYS this you have bad utorrent config

me i use uTorrent paf portable v3.4.5.41865 with default config.

i never change any thing in config and work good with max download speed and 20 ko max upload speed

I am now downloading 3.5 build 43916, and will remove existing settings in my system. Lets, see what happens.

32 minutes ago, Rok said:

I too don't do much torrent, but at times, when I am downloading a torrent,, due to slow speed, the download happens only at few kBs, while upload happens much faster,. In order to test, if stopping upload can make any difference in downloading, I was trying to make some settings change.

Simply set the upload speed to 3/4 of your maximum upload capacity.
Check it at www.speedof.me without having any internet activity :) 

• Administrator

Some good suggestions above. Depends on torrents, limiting the upload limit to correct levels and using a different torrent client helps. I also suggest disabling uTP, it's crap protocol and not much useful if you are using things like this. Last but not the least, sometimes one have to be patient here.

On 9-7-2017 at 2:59 PM, Rok said:

I am now downloading 3.5 build 43916, and will remove existing settings in my system. Lets, see what happens.

I'm still using utorrent 1.8.5 and stay away from later versions because of privacy issues

VIKTOR PAVEL

i use this in other computers

Version 2.2.1.25534: Unofficial - (by Dave Green)
The tiny last version before advertising and other bloat.(Unofficial, by request).

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/6702420/uTorrentPortable_2.2.1.25534.paf.exe.html

uSerenity: uTorrent Leecher Mod with DHT-Patch and NoReport - (by Dave Green)

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/6702424/uSerenityPortable_2.2.1.25302.paf.exe.html

source: https://handypaf.blogspot.com/2016/11/utorrent-portable.html

On 07/07/2017 at 1:15 AM, Rok said:

Can anyone share settings to disable upload in uTorrent when downloading a torrent file. I've current applied the following settings, still when the upload is happening:

global Upload rate limiting : 1kB

no of upload slots : 0

transfer cap upload : 1MB

seeding global - all three under : 0

Limit the upload rate to kB : 0

For uTorrent 3.5.1.43804

but I am not recommend limiting upload, at least seed some, otherwise there are only be leechers.

On 09/07/2017 at 1:27 AM, Rok said:

Maybe lack of seeders, also check seeds/peers

I too have same settings here, except 'number of connections', which I have changed to 2000/500.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Rok said:

I too have same settings here, except 'number of connections', which I have changed to 2000/500.

Too many, even if you want to seed that is. I believe that torrent client has build-in speed checking to help you decide how many you need there.

I had changed those numbers back to 200/50. There is no improvement in download speed though the subscribed speed here is 100Mbps, and there is no torrent throttling from the ISP.

VIKTOR PAVEL
6 minutes ago, Rok said:

I had changed those numbers back to 200/50. There is no improvement in download speed though the subscribed speed here is 100Mbps, and there is no torrent throttling from the ISP.

try this (not test on my computer coz work good - no need tweaks)

http://www.torrenttrackerlist.com/best-utorrent-settings/

http://www.wikihow.com/Configure-uTorrent

Archived