[Solved] New Laptop but Disk 100 % Disk Usage all the time.

Akaneharuka

Akaneharuka

I just bought new laptop Lenovo Legion Y520 gaming laptop 8Gb nvidia geforce gtx 1060 ti 

And I installed windows 10  64 Bits Japanese  with all update and latest driver.

Bit my laptop really slow and after I check in windows task manager I found out my disk usage is 90-100 % all the time and not decrease.

Any once have any idea how to fix this problem :(

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first look for background processes, what runs. Then is possible to do something or at least find out why it runs.
There may be very different background process, especially if it is new computer.
Maybe some kind update process, which cannot install something, maybe some of optimizing processes runs. Use some process manager to look up, what is really makes this problem.

For example, is the %windir%\Softwaredistribution\Download empty or not. If not make it empty and restart computer.

@Akaneharuka

do you have OS install From Lenovo  or own ?

CrystalDiskInfo

http://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskInfoInstaller

or hdtune http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/245340-hd-tune-pro-560/?do=findComment&comment=934362 

Maybe you have malware on your laptop  
download HijackThis
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/files/latest/download
1.on system disk you create a folder Hijackthis, put the downloaded file in this folder
2.Run HijackThis program window and click on Do a system scan and save a logfile and wait ...
3. After a while it pops up Notepad dump HJT. This extract copy and post here or send me via private massage

Akaneharuka
1 hour ago, Kalju said:

At first look for background processes, what runs. Then is possible to do something or at least find out why it runs.
There may be very different background process, especially if it is new computer.
Maybe some kind update process, which cannot install something, maybe some of optimizing processes runs. Use some process manager to look up, what is really makes this problem.

For example, is the %windir%\Softwaredistribution\Download empty or not. If not make it empty and restart computer.

Thank you after I try your method my disk usage is reduce to 60  - 70 % now.I is this normal now ?

7 minutes ago, kasper said:

@Akaneharuka

do you have OS install From Lenovo  or own ?

CrystalDiskInfo

http://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskInfoInstaller

or hdtune http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/245340-hd-tune-pro-560/?do=findComment&comment=934362 

Maybe you have malware on your laptop  
download HijackThis
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/files/latest/download
1.on system disk you create a folder Hijackthis, put the downloaded file in this folder
2.Run HijackThis program window and click on Do a system scan and save a logfile and wait ...
3. After a while it pops up Notepad dump HJT. This extract copy and post here or send me via private massage

My OS I download form M$ official site 

Thank you I will try your method and post back.

1. I see ESET there, which certainly does not fit there; not recommended software.
  2. Do you have a HDD?
  3. I see there O&O Defrag - turn off automatic optimization and defrag, and run them manually when you need it. If you have SSD remove O&O Defrag at all. Then it is not necessary.
  4. It is recommended to ban all Lenovo services that are possible. You can manually launch them if necessary, but I do not think this is a necessity.
  5. And there are some more things that can be corrected later.

- Try disable Windows Search. Prefer disable permanently startup type

- Stop SuperFetch service

- Stop & DIsable Diagnostic Track

12 hours ago, 0bin said:

It's very nice laptop, shouldn't happen, even with Antivirus, but if the reason suspected is ESET, unistall it and switch to something else.

If was mine, I usually do a format with a clean Windows 10 .iso, but I understand there are contests when someone don't do that. :) 

if none of above work, I agree with 0bin to do format clean install. I saw some file missing/broken

Israeli_Eagle
1 hour ago, info999 said:

strange things tend to happen with Windows 10 ...

Still maximum Beta status. :coolwink:

Btw... If it's always writing then not forget that SSD not live forever.

• Administrator

Can you sort the task manager's disk usage so that you can see which software is using the disk.

I have found that defragging softwares tend to do this, sometimes even showing that the OS is using it but in real it's the defragging software using it.

Akaneharuka

After I uninstalled Eset Internet Security.

The disk usage is never over 10 % and my laptop id really stable now .

I don:t know why is that but uninstall Eset is fixed the problem XD

Thank you everyone for helping me :)

image.png

As You remember, on the first place I write
1. I see ESET there, which certainly does not fit there; not recommended software.
From now remember it forever.

Not sure from where people get information these days!!

I been using ESET for more than 8 years without problems, not only in my system also with my customers!

The problem here will be a conflict between ESET and another product, and it don't have to be ESET problem

Last week there was a problem between ESET and Windows defender and it turns out it's defender fault and Microsoft fixed it

I install Eset Smart Security on many different  notebooks and PC and I do not have same problem 

Israeli_Eagle
57 minutes ago, kasper said:

I install Eset Smart Security on many different  notebooks and PC and I do not have same problem 

ESET was never the reason... Only Win10 is still only early Beta quality!

Archived