General News

Pjotr 1st

1 minute ago, vitorio said:

I agree with you in this one. Stay calm!

How to stay calm while stirring the pot -- by reporting, etc?

• Replies 41
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, adi said:

Does the hate appear only at nsanedown, brother?

It don't appear at other sites i get my software updates from  so no unless i go to a site that allows it too go on.

16 minutes ago, adi said:

Another possible strategy (to avoid the above tactics):  Ignore.  :flowers:

I don't want too have too start putting members on ignore again ..I have no ones post on ignore and i should not have too unless there attacking me personalty and they want stop and nothing is done about it..that's  what  Mods and Admins are for.

8 minutes ago, steven36 said:

... I don't want too have too start putting members on ignore again .. i should not have too unless ...

According to member statistics, there are 47,795 members in this forum and they all have their "I want to" and "I don't want to" and "I shouldn't have to" ...  Listening to it all, other members, moderators, and administrators will go 'sir crazy' and only chaos will prevail.

What do you think will happen here when you see what's happening right now with only a hundred members and there being a clear majority?

Please!  :flowers:

19 minutes ago, adi said:

According to member statistics, there are 47,795 members in this forum and they all have their "I want to" and "I don't want to" and "I shouldn't have to" ...  Listening to it all, other members, moderators, and administrators will go 'sir crazy' and only chaos will prevail.

What do you think will happen here when you see what's happening right now with only a hundred members and there being a clear majority?

Please!  :flowers:

47,795 members since 2005 and they don't have but  a few hundred visitors and members  at a time and they don't have nowhere the active members they did have a look at the archives here you will see most have not visited in years there is  only a few of the old timers still around and some of them  may or may not pass by 1 or 2 times  a year.

I join this site to learn about  software ..if this site didn't have software it would  not exist . It is its roots. And  the mods or admins are not going bother you here unless you done something bad wrong . And it has been worse than it is now it just depends on who the mods are  and its been like that at every site i was a member of .  I meet some really strict mods in my day and they was the best mods and turned out too be my friend forever

Absolute truth, unless mods are really active and maintain the squabbles to the minimum, they do end up exploited by who would want to sway one or the other etc...

Most of the times it is super funny, when squabbles originators turn out rather decent guys in real life

mods?- they are all horrid! :P:D :troll: :tooth:

18 minutes ago, Atasas said:

mods?- they are all horrid!

Some mods i know are beautiful women in real life and i like the abuse why they never had any women mods here ? ... :P

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Atasas said:

Most of the times it is super funny, when squabbles originators turn out rather decent guys in real life

mods?- they are all horrid! :P:D :troll: :tooth:

That's the thing, everyone of us are common people, except few, who have no power over what gets done by the leaders, yet we argue over things as if whole world is based on our views.

Blame Lite for that, shought is the most beautiful man I have seen. :P

19 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Some mods i know are beautiful women in real life and i like the abuse why they never had any women mods here ? ... :P

Good point. We did / still have some good woman members here on the forums. Some of them were considered, atleast by me, but, due to circumstances it was not possible to appoint them.

11 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Thing is, members need to understand the staff knows some things better or more than members do, things that we have known through either behind the scenes or having first hand knowledge of them. Some of these things are best not revealed. This includes the reason behind why that particular news section is not removed from the forums.

I must again mention, it's not that removal or changes to the forum sections is something we will not revisit, but it's not something we are looking to do right now, as we think that benefits of these sections, even though not as fully visible, outweigh the disadvantages of it.

Sounds to me like you are saying controversy and fighting keep people visiting nsane. After all who doesn't like a good fight? Right?. It makes nsane more exiting to have these feuds which in turn keep people coming here, which in turn generates more revenue for nsane (or the potential for more revenue at least) more people = more potential clicking on ads. I understand completely. The whole thing seems very nefarious to me.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

Sounds to me like you are saying controversy and fighting keep people visiting nsane. After all who doesn't like a good fight? Right?. It makes nsane more exiting to have these feuds which in turn keep people coming here, which in turn generates more revenue for nsane (or the potential for more revenue at least) more people = more potential clicking on ads. I understand completely. The whole thing seems very nefarious to me.

Going by your opinion, we would never be closing any threads, asking members not to fight, or ask for donations as we would be millionaires by right now - as opposed to be running a non-profit site right now since time known.

@Pjotr 1st: Going back to the first post. I must mention, we always welcome feedback and appreciate the thread author's concerns. We are open and willing to revisit any decisions depending on the circumstances and requirements as long as it serves the best interest of the forums.

Even big forums like reddit  that  make lots of money have rules if you break them and they don't  play around.. they ban you for 30 days 1st offense  . Even when I use to moderate in chatrooms before  many people went too forums  we had rules we would ban you for 24 hours  if you broke our room rules  and if the owner seen fit he keep you on ban and if the  client owner caught you breaking the rules they ban you from the whole program. Most every platform  has rules even big blogs that use Disqus will ban you in a heart beat  so i don't see how not having rules will  make you richer? .

.It will most likely make you poorer  when members get upset and leave . Really i know for a fact it does  as it causes forums and sites to  split off from each other. Too start a new website all it takes is a resentment by  about half the members lol. Why you think there  is so many forums on the internet. :P

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Even big forums like reddit  that  make lots of money have rules if you break them and they don't  play around.. they ban you for 30 days 1st offense  . Even when I use to moderate in chatrooms before  many people went too forums  we had rules we would ban you for 24 hours  if you broke our room rules  and if the owner seen fit he keep you on ban and if the  client owner caught you breaking the rules they ban you from the whole program. Most every platform  has rules even big blogs that use Disqus will ban you in a heart beat  so i don't see how not having rules will  make you richer? .

.It will most likely make you poorer  when members get upset and leave . Really i know for a fact it does  as it causes forums and sites to  split off from each other. Too start a new website all it takes is a resentment by  about half the members lol. Why you think there  is so many forums on the internet. :P

Getting yourself banned on subreddits are far more easier. Infact, that site is best example why your site should not take any sides, religiously or politically - it has become complete crap recently. Nothing wrong is giving opinions, but those subreddits are banning people based on opinions not similar to them.

12 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Getting yourself banned on subreddits are far more easier. Infact, that site is best example why your site should not take any sides, religiously or politically - it has become complete crap recently. Nothing wrong is giving opinions, but those subreddits are banning people based on opinions not similar to them.

That's  why you don't  go too one unless you are of the same opinion as the group ..I never had no problem  there  .That's why mods and admins have contrail panels is to keep order and it's a two edge sword.. If you abuse you're power people will leave and if you dont use it at all people will leave so you must use it wisely . I seen it happen lots of times even under my hammer we had a lot  of people . If you want stay small enforcing the rules too much or too little will keep you small . Too grow it has too be a happy medium.

Oh yeah Stevie, it is quite amazing how you saved the world again..but I have bad news : the world's changing !

No I didn't save the world i end up getting bored of moderating  so i quit and done something else after awhile that was many years ago  i can't believe i let them sucker me into it ..

if i would kept on drinking then i would kept doing it but once i stopped  i lost all interest  only way i could stand it was be drunk or on my way too being drunk .:P 

1c5oememaofn576.png

But you see this forum with all its sections  and just one sub reddit  about  just one subject  has this many .

fco1mmaon900bc4.png

quiet.png

Hear ye, hear ye!

No politics language spoken here.

(And it's not what language you speak;

it's what Big Brother hears!)   ;)

Only English!

:lol:

Archived