Realtek HD Audio Codec Driver Patcher

jbleck

Author:

Thanks 2bad for idea and method!

This patch unlocks the Realtek HD Audio driver and make both Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive available. Note: DTS Interactive is marketed as DTS Connect when bundled with DTS Neo: PC.
 Unlocked options you will get:
 - Dolby Digital Live
 - DTS Interactive
 - Dolby Home Theater (Dolby Virtual Speaker for 2 speakers, Dolby Pro Logic II for >2 speakers)
 - DTS Neo: PC
 This will work on ANY Realtek HD Audio codec (excluding ALC2xx under Windows 7).

How To:

• download and unpack realtek audio driver.
  • download and apply the patch in the unpacked driver folder.
  • Site: https://mega.nz
    Sharecode[?]: /#!flxxCTwD!fxJAk230IEUhWzBYebR7bxP-DKGJ26mdNAtndbNL9-4
  • uninstall your realtek audio driver (if present).
  • on Windows 10:
    1. Click the Start menu and select Settings.
    2. Click Update and Security.
    3. Click on Recovery.
    4. Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
    5. Click Troubleshoot.
    6. Click Advanced options.
    7. Click Startup Settings.
    8. Click on Restart.
    9. On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
  • install the patched drivers and confirm the installation of unauthorized driver.
  • restart and enjoy.

Proof:

Spoiler

WPlems46TFmjsMjS3iwnnA.png

7I8J9x_OT7eH_A37KLrFkA.png

WgzxJ8XtSja97NKv1DSbhg.png

• Replies 21
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, great. I used to have dolby sound on my laptop. But after upgrading the OS, it stopped working. May be this will help. 

Something seems to be not working for me. I did exactly what the OP has said but I am unable to get dolby in my system. May be something during the patch went wrong. As I am running 64-bit windows 10 so I have patched the rltkAPO64.dll. Do I need to patch the rtlkAPO.dll too? 

4 hours ago, rudrax said:

Something seems to be not working for me. I did exactly what the OP has said but I am unable to get dolby in my system. May be something during the patch went wrong. As I am running 64-bit windows 10 so I have patched the rltkAPO64.dll. Do I need to patch the rtlkAPO.dll too? 

i patched both to be sure

also the patch needs admin rights as it needs to write some registry entries.

8 minutes ago, jbleck said:

i patched both to be sure

also the patch needs admin rights as it needs to write some registry entries.

Of course I ran the patch with admin privilege. Is there anything else that I might miss? 

Damn, what am I doing wrong?!

I have patched both rltkAPO64.dll and rltkAPO.dll. I've even patched the rltkAPO.dll from win32 folder.

I also tried  manually installing dolby from the extracted folder. In doing so, I got dolby icon in the notification area but it is not effective as there is no sign of dolby in sound settings.

@SumG can you tell me the exact procedure that you have followed?

Also give me the download link of the driver on which you have applied the patch. 

• download Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) R2.8x (8176) WHQL + Dolby , unpack it and apply the patch.
  • uninstall the driver u currently have
  • on Windows 10 reboot as follows to enable the ability to install unsigned/patched drivers:
    • Start ->   Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Restart Now --->Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings
    • Xw8erQ9PQnaasFbqt5yr7g.png
    • On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
  • install the patched drivers through Setup.exe and confirm the installation of unauthorized driver.
    • W9o4lTN5SqWyMDIFPqyeyw.png

Spoiler

Optional: If u want Realtek HD Audio driver 6.0.1.8189 WHQL x64 (Microsoft Update latest driver) u have to unpack/replace it in the WIN64 folder of the previous driver (8176)... i tried to install it through the Driver Update option but Windows wouldn't let me :P

If this doesn't work... can u share the audio codec u have?

9zq_LPrgSHGv_SDQNrFMTA.png

screenshot_45.png

As you can see in the image above that I have got the dolby tab in the sound configuration. But after the installation the volume has become quite low even in 100%. Without dolby it was much better.

Regarding the loudness... yes the volume on my headphones seems less then 100% with dolby enabled. The sound is less rich without it though.

I also have ICEpower (Class D OEM audio amplifier) and i'm satisfied with the 100% volume with dolby enabled. My old desktop doesn't have an amplifier integrated and the 100% is quite low on it with dolby.

I wanted to buy a separate amplifier to be able to stretch my headphones power... haven't decided yet which one to get as they vary a lot regarding the price (30 - 5000 €). Think i'll get a Creative sound card with integrated amplifier (100 €)... around 112 db is my target :bruce:

@jbleck thank you mate for your support and guide. I really appreciate it. 

So, you have to do this all over again , after each update of Realtek......................?:rolleyes:

On 7/3/2017 at 4:25 PM, Pete 12 said:

So, you have to do this all over again , after each update of Realtek......................?:rolleyes:

yes if u feel the need to use the latest version, otherwise use your manufacturer version... most likely it's not needed to use the latest version as it's intended for bug fixes on other chips/OEM then yours (nothing new) mostly... u'll get tired though :P

5 hours ago, rudrax said:

This version contains dobly itself which doesn't need any patch. I'm using it and working fine for me. 

I did install this version through driver update and it kept the Dolby and DTS.

For test purposes... I then uninstalled the "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" , restarted and installed this version through setup.exe => no Dolby , no DTS.

5 hours ago, jbleck said:

I did install this version through driver update and it kept the Dolby and DTS.

For test purposes... I then uninstalled the "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" , restarted and installed this version through setup.exe => no Dolby , no DTS.

There won't be any sign of dolby in Realtek HD audio manager. If you go to the sound option from control panel, there you will have a dolby tab. By the way, you can just toggle dolby on/off but can't configure anything.

Moreover, if you are running win 10 RS2 or later you can setup Dolby atmos audio through windows spatial sound feature. 

Topic moved from software updates forum.

Topic edited: Sharecoded patch download link.

Archived