British Parliament hit by cyber attack

tao

Hackers have targeted Parliament’s email system in an attempt to access the accounts of hundreds of MPs, Lords, aides and staff.

Security services to shut down access for anyone not in Westminster as part of efforts to secure the network.

“The Houses of Parliament have discovered unauthorised attempts to access parliamentary user accounts,” a parliamentary spokesperson told The Independent.

“We are continuing to investigate this incident and take further measures to secure the computer network, liaising with the National Cyber Security Centre. 

“We have systems in place to protect member and staff accounts and are taking the necessary steps to protect our systems.”

Members of the House of Commons and Lords were told of the cyber attack on Friday night and said they were unable to access their emails the following morning.

It came days after reports that Russian hackers had put passwords belonging to senior ministers, ambassadors and senior police officers up for sale online.

Two lists of stolen data included the log-in details of 1,000 British MPs and parliamentary staff, 7,000 police employees and more than 1,000 Foreign Office officials, The Times reported.

The information was believed to have been stolen from LinkedIn, MySpace and other smaller sites.

< Here >

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, adi said:

The information was believed to have been stolen from LinkedIn, MySpace and other smaller sites.

All highly vulnerable attack vectors. 

15 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

Lords? what are we living in the medieval times? lords and slaves xD 

”Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses”

4 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

"nullum cacas"

The House of Lords is the upper house of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.

My quote(in latin) was an invitation for you to remain in silence if you don't know what's about.

No need to be rude. 

SnakeMasteR
8 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

Lords? what are we living in the medieval times? lords and slaves xD 

Have some respect for other nations. Nobody needs stupid trolling for the sake of praising your very selfie.

8 hours ago, Chatman said:

The House of Lords is the upper house of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.

My quote(in latin) was an invitation for you to remain in silence if you don't know what's about.

No need to be rude. 

it wasn't rude if you could understand Latin very well. and no that quote is not true. asking is better than not knowing and staying silent.

4 hours ago, n0_risk! said:

Have some respect for other nations. Nobody needs stupid trolling for the sake of praising your very selfie.

shut up. I respect other nations, if you can't handle humor then that's your problem.

SnakeMasteR
On 25.6.2017 at 10:03 AM, saeed_dc said:

shut up. I respect other nations, if you can't handle humor then that's your problem.

You saying shut up equals to:

6 hours ago, n0_risk! said:

You saying shut up equals to:

me saying shut up is simply shut up lol

knowledge-Spammer

u know news say russia hacked it again  dam putin he did it again

SnakeMasteR
17 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

me saying shut up is simply shut up lol

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

aQy6oNb.png

• Administrator

Concerning all this.

Eitherway, can you guys stop the personal abuses. Thread closed.

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived