Internet Download Manager 6.28 Build 14

jalaffa

Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use. Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads. Unlike other download managers and accelerators Internet Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuses available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve best acceleration performance.

Thanks to ARMOUR for the update.

Download

• Replies 72
  • Views 26.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

none working for me (didn't try the Xanax one though), when attempt to download something software shuts down and doesn't download.

The Aore one was my favorite...:(

Np going back to previous version and problem solved.

On 6/17/2014 at 2:13 PM, dcs18 said:

"Updates & Credits"

(20th June 2017) Thanks to Undertaker:

For updating his creative Adguard fix on how to prevent IDM from calling home.

(20th June 2017) Thanks to Hamanokaito:

For updating his Registry Permission fix to prevent IDM from calling home.

(19th June 2017) Thanks to sledge101:

For his anti-DNS spoofing concept to prevent IDM from calling home.

What's new in version 6.28 Build 14?

- Fixed bugs in downloading several types of video streams
- Fixed problems with video recognition for several types of web sites
- Fixed bugs

These bugs are still not fixed for me.

Back to v6.28 Build 11.

i would really love know what sort of issues does he fix when he says "fixed bugs"

shit, at this point it might as well be an IDM meme #fixitdave

IDM stepped up their game. Was using IP's block only in Windows Firewall but now that doesn't work anymore. Oh well... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Stig said:

What's new in version 6.28 Build 14?

- Fixed bugs in downloading several types of video streams
- Fixed problems with video recognition for several types of web sites
- Fixed bugs

These bugs are still not fixed for me.

Back to v6.28 Build 11.

Same, they have never fixed downloading certain mkv videos from youtube, they run kind of slow and unsynch.

and by general bugs we all know what they are talking about...:lol:

T3rM1nat0Rr3
3 hours ago, smorrissey said:

they have never fixed downloading certain mkv videos from youtube, they run kind of slow and unsynch.

Got a link?

I've never seen an mkv video download option with IDM on youtube. It's either mp4 (or some variant of) or webm.

5 hours ago, xyzdev said:

IDM stepped up their game. Was using IP's block only in Windows Firewall but now that doesn't work anymore. Oh well... :rolleyes:

It stopped working since 6.28.11 and was fixed, too — you can use the new (Firewall + DNSCrypt) combination.

DNSCrypt will also introduce an extra layer of security to your security setup by encrypting your internet packets for all apps. and programs (not limited to IDM.)

chlorophyll

since years have been seeing the same changelog.I think its time to shift to another download manager.But feeling sad to say this

ronaldinho424

Internet Download Manager Online Installer 1.3.5.1

pWv5oJ.pngkWZMgy.png  nWYyQ1.png

# Unattended Installation.

# Find the new version.
# Patch By The Hidden 2000 Update V6.1 . ( Update )

# Patch By Team Reis Update 12

# Patch By Ali.Dbg 15.9 

# Patch By Xanax

# Patch By Kjacky Uret

Site: https://userscloud.com
Sharecode[?]: /8fgw3zx970xv

Internet Download Manager 6.28 Build 14

Unattended and Orginal Setup.

# Integrated Cracked.( By The Hidden 2000 v6 NEW

# Added Windows 10 Themes

# Added PureFlat 2016 Themes. ( Default )

Disabled license agreement. 
Disabled update check button.

# Disabled startup tip.

Added Desktop Shortcut.

Silent Install
Sharecode[?]: /u5jxnl87qli8

Pre-Activated

Sharecode[?]: /yovtnhbispwt

9 minutes ago, ronaldinho424 said:

Internet Download Manager Online Installer 1.3.5 

Site: https://my.pcloud.com
Sharecode[?]: /publink/show?code=XZuVw3Ztul5bNlAM9y6WzDPVqBPnYsE1zzV

I've tried FF, Chrome and Edge and if I try my.pcloud.com in any of them, all I get is a blank page - but thanks heaps for your efforts!

stylemessiah
2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

It stopped working since 6.28.11 and was fixed, too — you can use the new (Firewall + DNSCrypt) combination.

DNSCrypt will also introduce an extra layer of security to your security setup by encrypting your internet packets for all apps. and programs (not limited to IDM.)

Thats a whole lot of work to run one program, not mention the added latency of dnscrypt....

I just run Acrylic DNS locally, not only for caching but to block (at last count 437,000 domains (updated via my own script)), and resolving to google public DNS and get on with life

Google public dns had done name resolution over ssl for ages now, DNSCrypt prolly just makes people feel better....ive yet to see a real reason to add yet another layer to my setup and introduce more latency

ronaldinho424
21 minutes ago, dman said:

I've tried FF, Chrome and Edge and if I try my.pcloud.com in any of them, all I get is a blank page - but thanks heaps for your efforts!

update link 

Internet Download Manager Online Installer 1.3.5.1

Sharecode[?]: /8fgw3zx970xv

1 hour ago, stylemessiah said:

Thats a whole lot of work to run one program

Nah, took me just an average of 4-5 minutes per computer — already deployed it online across to hundreds of clients.

There's an extremely easy way to deploy DNSCrypt — shall be publishing the method on a new tutorial, once IDM V7 is released.

not mention the added latency of dnscrypt....

I just run Acrylic DNS locally, not only for caching but to block (at last count 437,000 domains (updated via my own script))

If Acrylic DNS is sought to used instead of DNSCrypt — it's just about, one and the same . . . . . . . another extra program (more or less, the same amount amount of added latency.)

That been said, have just visited the Acrylic DNS homepage to read-up on its white paper — it interested me enough to try it out, later (if I like it better than DNSCrypt, shall be happy to replace DNSCrypt and get it deployed too . . . . thanks.

Google public dns had done name resolution over ssl for ages now, DNSCrypt prolly just makes people feel better....ive yet to see a real reason to add yet another layer to my setup and introduce more latency

Feeling good is the exact reason, we stayed away from anything to do with Google — I'm afraid this one is not gonna be given a chance on any of our systems.

stylemessiah
19 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Nah, took me just an average of 4-5 minutes per computer — already deployed it online across to hundreds of clients.

There's an extremely easy way to deploy DNSCrypt — shall be publishing the method on a new tutorial, once IDM V7 is released.

If Acrylic DNS is sought to used instead of DNSCrypt — it's just about, one and the same . . . . . . . another extra program (more or less, the same amount amount of added latency.)

That been said, have just visited the Acrylic DNS homepage to read-up on its white paper — it interested me enough to try it out, later (if I like it better than DNSCrypt, shall be happy to replace DNSCrypt and get it deployed too . . . . thanks.

Feeling good is the exact reason, we stayed away from anything to do with Google — I'm afraid this one is not gonna be given a chance on any of our systems.

Acrylic DNS is just a local DNS server for caching...once a name is resolved by it and its cached, then its never forwarded to google again, also resulting in less latency...good enough for me. It can also block domains via editing its config file AcrylicHosts.txt. Its not going to crypt anything, all this dnscrypt stuff is to me placebo, its no mistake that Cisco bought OpenDNS (arguably the most used dnscrypt server)...you dont think theyre going to log the crap out of every "crypted" dns enquiry....Ill take my chances with google, once, for every domain i visit...

OK, here's my first impression on Acrylic DNS:—

1. Uninstalled DNSCrypt.
  2. Rebooted the system.
  3. Cleaned the DNSCrypt debris.
  4. Rebooted the system.
  5. Checked the internet connectivity — DNSCrypt restored the servers back to that of my ISP.
  6. Installed the latest Acrylic DNS 0.9.35 (Release Date November 6, 2016.)
  7. Rebooted the system.
  8. Checked the internet connectivity — Acrylic DNS had not taken over my DNS servers.
  9. Checked IDM and it was able to call home — uninstalled IDM and cleaned debris.
  10. Visited the Acrylic DNS home page — learned that the Google DNS was to be involved.
  11. Rebooted the system.
  12. Entered both the Google DNS manually — 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
  13. Acrylic DNS lacks a GUI — not a biggie.
  14. Entered all IDM domains + all IDM hostnames (used wildcards for good measure) with every combination and permutation.
  15. Rebooted the system.
  16. Checked IDM and it was still able to call home with Acrylic DNS fully configured.

Verdict:—

• Acrylic DNS does not possess the capability to block the IDM domains, hostnames since it lacks the invaluable anti-DNS spoofing and anti-ARP cache poisoning features that DNSCrypt brings to the table.
  • Acrylic DNS did consume slightly lesser resources than DNSCrypt.
  • Fact of the matter, is that Acrylic DNS and DNSCrypt are functionally two distinctly different programs which neither compete not conflict with each other and can even be used together.
  • It's back to DNSCrypt for me, unless someone can figure out a way to use Acrylic DNS to retain IDM activation.

stylemessiah
25 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

OK, here's my first impression on Acrylic DNS:—

1. Uninstalled DNSCrypt.
  2. Rebooted the system.
  3. Cleaned the DNSCrypt debris.
  4. Rebooted the system.
  5. Checked the internet connectivity — DNSCrypt restored the servers back to that of my ISP.
  6. Installed the latest Acrylic DNS 0.9.35 (Release Date November 6, 2016.)
  7. Rebooted the system.
  8. Checked the internet connectivity — Acrylic DNS had not taken over my DNS servers.
  9. Checked IDM and it was able to call home — uninstalled IDM and cleaned debris.
  10. Visited the Acrylic DNS home page — learned that the Google DNS was to be involved.
  11. Rebooted the system.
  14. Entered all IDM domains + all IDM hostnames (used wildcards for good measure) with every combination and permutation.
  15. Rebooted the system.
  16. Checked IDM and it was still able to call home with Acrylic DNS fully configured.

• Acrylic DNS does not possess the capability to block the IDM domains, hostnames since it lacks the invaluable anti-DNS spoofing and anti-ARP cache poisoning features that DNSCrypt brings to the table.
  • Fact of the matter, is that Acrylic DNS and DNSCrypt are functionally two distinctly different programs which neither compete not conflict with each other and can even be used together.
  • It's back to DNSCrypt for me, unless someone can figure out a way to use Acrylic DNS to retain IDM activation.

You must have missed the instructions on the home page:

Step 2: Configuration

that tell you you have to change your adapters DNS to 127.0.0.1

Acrylic is a server, which means you have to point your network adapter to it to work....

If you had of follow Step 2, the configuation file already has google as dns resolver, you dont need to add a thing, you just failed to point your network adapters DNS at 127.0.0.1

Acrylic DNS Proxy Monitor

I never claimed it did, in fact i pointed out it only blocks domains and not ip's, before you tried it :) I dont need to block IDM on my system, i bought it

Exactly :) And if you had of actually set it up properly you would have found it quicker too.

Again, I pointed this out before you even tried it :)

My entire point in posting was about DNSCrypt being a lot of faffing about, adding latency, a false sense of security, and nothing to do with trying to help people pirate software

Archived