[Frontpaged] Windows Firewall Control 4.9.9

Karamjit

http://www.binisoft.org/download/wfc4setup.exe

What's new in version 4.9.9.0 (23.06.2017)

- New: WFC installer accepts now switches for silent install/update. Check the user
manual to see how this can be used.
- Fixed: Connections Log can't resolve the paths for executable files located on RAM
disks.
- Updated: The user manual was updated with new topics.

• Replies 1
  • Views 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silent installation
The following command line parameters can be used when launching the installer wfc4setup.exe to install/update Windows Firewall Control without requiring any user input. These command line parameters work only if the installer is launched with administrative privileges, otherwise they will be ignored. The parameters can be used in any order and some of them are optional. 

-install or -i
This will launch the installation without asking the user any input. If the program is already installed and this parameter is used, it will be ignored. The installer will install Windows Firewall Control into the default folder, which is C:\Program Files\Windows Firewall Control.

-update or -u
This will automatically launch the update process without asking the user any input. If the program is not installed and this parameter is used, it will be ignored.

-run or -r (optional)
When using the parameters -i or -u, the installer window will remain open when the process completes. Use this parameter if you want to automatically launch wfc.exe and close the installer window.

-close or -c (optional)
When using the parameters -i or -u, the installer window will remain open when the process completes. Use this parameter if you want also to close the installer window without executing wfc.exe.

-noshortcuts (optional)
When -install parameter is used, use this to disable the creation of Windows Firewall Control shortcuts on Desktop and Start Menu.

-noautostart (optional)
When -install parameter is used, use this to disable the creation of Windows Firewall Control entry in the Startup list of Windows.

-norules (optional)
When -install parameter is used, use this to disable the creation of Windows Firewall Control recommended rules.

To install Windows Firewall Control into a different folder than the default one, for example in C:\Program Files\WFC, you can also specify a custom path:
wfc4setup.exe -i -r "C:\Program Files\WFC" -noshortcuts

The path must be enclosed in double quotes if it contains empty spaces. 
The folder that you specify doesn't have to exist, it will be created by the installer. However, if the provided path is not valid, the installer will append the provided path to the current execution folder and you may end up installing the program into a sub folder of the current path. So, make sure that the path is valid. 
To proceed with the installation into the default C:\Program Files\Windows Firewall Control folder, do not specify any folder in the parameters list. Just call: wfc4setup.exe -i 

To silently update Windows Firewall Control and automatically launch it, use the following syntax:

wfc4setup.exe -update -run or wfc4setup.exe -u -r

Archived