Android-x86 Fork Lets Users Install and Run Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Their PCs

CrAKeN

android-x86-fork-lets-users-install-and-

After informing us last week about the release of a new build of his RaspAnd operating system for Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 2 single-board computers, developer Arne Exton today announced a new version of his Android-x86 fork.

Based on the popular Android-x86 project that brings Google's Android mobile operating system to the x86 platform, Arne Exton's fork is now based on the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat release and ships pre-loaded with GAPPS, a package that lets users access most of Google's services, such as Google Play Services and Google Play Store.

Dubbed Android-x86_64 Nougat 7.1.2, the new version is full of goodies, including the Aptoide app manager, Google Play Games 3.9.08, which is needed to run Clash of Clans, YouTube 12.14.56, Gmail 7.6.4, Spotify 8.4.4.810, Google Maps 9.50.2, SnapTube 4.3.0, File Manager 2.0.0.355, HD Camera Ultra 2.3.1, Rotation Control Pro 1.1.9, and Firefox 54.0.

You can’t run the system live

The latest version of the Android-x86_64 Nougat 7.1.2 operating system will indeed let users install and run the Android 7.1.2 Nougat mobile OS on their personal computers, but it looks like you can't run the system live from a USB stick or DVD disc. To use it, you must perform a fresh installation of the OS on your PC, on a disk drive where there's no other operating system installed.

"My new build of Android x86_64 can only be installed to hard drive or on a USB stick. You can’t run the system live," says Arne Exton in today's announcement. "You can run AndEX Nougat Build 170619 on newer laptops and Desktop computers. Sound won’t work on all though. The video performance is generally very very good."

Arne Exton ensures users that his Android-x86 will run on most of the newer laptop model from Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Samsung, Lenovo, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Thinkpad, and Panasonic, but it can also be installed successfully on some workstations. Android-x86_64 Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170619 is distributed in the form of a zip archive or a ISO image, both of which you purchase right now from the developer's website for the sum of $9 USD.

Spotify running

Showing all installed apps

Source

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEWS 170619 about AndEX Nougat 7.1.2
My new build of Android x86_64 - android_x86_64-7.1.2-nougat-gapps-kernel-4.9.31-exton-990mb-170619.iso can be installed to hard drive or on a USB stick. You can also run the system live. I.e. from a DVD or a USB stick. On some computers you'll have to start up AndEX 7.1.2 in compatibility mode (VESA) though. GAPPS and all other apps mentioned below are installed. NOTE: You can run AndeX Nougat Build 170619 on newer laptops and Desktop computers. Sound won't work on all though. The video performance is generally very very good.

ABOUT Andex Nougat 7.1.2
My compiled Android-x86_64 system (Nougat 7.1.2) can run live and from hard drive on certain computers. The system can run and be installed on almost all newer laptops (and some Desktop computers). For example Acer (Aspire), HP, Samsung, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, Thinkpad, Fujitsu, Panasonic and Asus laptops. I can also mention that I could run my new Nougat version without problems on a HP Pavilion 500-317no Desktop Computer. The Android-AndEX 7.1.2 system is distributed in the form of a Zip file and a ISO file. You can do a manual installation to hard drive. That can even be done to a drive where you already have another Linux system (for example Ubuntu 17.04) installed. That’s sort of a Frugal Installation (normally used by Puppy Linux). Read more about different installations of AndEX Nougat 7.1.2 at the INFO site.

from the source of OP (i just colored the interesting bits):blink: Can't ay where d u et that.:P

Archived